How many paddles

nidan450

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: oh god, lets not go there. Thats all this thread needs is another hillshooter Banshee discussion/ debate. :nah::watching::whistle: Its not even summer yet.

:lol: <--Dan at the night drags. :grin:

oh you guys know im in for a good internet race!! :laughoff:

nice...u can read the label :breakdance:

stop ur trash talkin and put em on...if u dont have a 450 then dont contribute unless u know wut ur talkin about.

if theyre a hill tire then they wouldve already been garbage by now...we've had em for 3 years and theyve still got all the paddles on em

if uve never ridden with em then how do u know the use of em

if they work fine on my 450 theyll work fine on any other 450

and u heard it from CHIEF JOE

padla brats is what u go with on a 450 unless ur doin 100 foot gaps

as for the built banshee part

im talkin bout pipe filter tires and ported cylinder..thats wut most of em got :breakdance:

just short of drag...it could be the riders experience of course

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=8346

wut its got is wut u see

i ride the 450s every once in a while

with the dunes gettin torn to sh*t every time i go there i decided to get a dirtbike for the 24 inches of travel

another kid that knows everything !! how nice

Paddle Brats are only good for bikes that dont make enough power to turn real tires IE 22" haulers.Real men run 22's. By the way anyone ever tried Stella Artois draft. Man thats good sh*t :breakdance: :breakdance: :beer_bang:

Edited by Sand_YFZ

another kid that knows everything !! how nice

u wouldnt believe how many times i get that...always gotta be the big man and try and put the little man in his place...dont do that,,,its being overused...kids know everything???

hahahaha sounds like u know EVERYTHING!!!!

i own a store i know about all the tires...i havent tried em and i havent owned a trx but i know about em

i dont care wut motoxman says...he may have those tires on his quad and he mightve even tried a couple other tires but he still doesnt know what hes talkin about :headbang1:

:MBdance: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

u got me...i have no idea what im talkin about...they looked nice so i bought em...i was also a lil incapacatated at the time as well :breakdance: :breakdance: :beer_bang:

Paddle Brats are only good for bikes that dont make enough power to turn real tires IE 22" haulers.Real men run 22's. By the way anyone ever tried Stella Artois draft. Man thats good sh*t

and thats exactly it...they dont make enough power to turn that many paddles....they could move but theyd be more slowed down by each turn

I wouldn't go with haulers or any of the skat trax paddles. I ran them for years and I kept throwing paddles. The problem is that because they are vulcanized onto the tire carcass, they tend to come "unglued" when you hit a rock or hard pack. They do good out at Glamis for the most part but there are just too many rocks at Dumont. You'll be buying new tires a lot.

Sand Skates are good as I'm sure you know. I run Sand Stars. Stay away from the vulcanized paddles.

For a good reference point, take a look at your paddles or anyone elses that has a few trips on them. You'll see how some of the paddles are cracked or torn. Every one of those would be a new tire if your running skats

the rocks at dumont can be brutal, but ive never had a problem. i run 7 paddle haulers and hook up great.

if you rip a paddle you dont have to throw it away. skat-trak replaces each blade for 6 bux.

alright, so here's the thing. I called up fullerton sand sports and spoke with joe. This guy seems to really know his stuff about paddle tires. He baisicly said the same thing as motoxman, that this motor is a reving motor, and a 6 paddle brat would be the lightest, allow for enough slip, and have the best performance. I told him I didnt want a tire that was so fragile I had to go easy on them. As for any of the straight paddle tires, " you have to avoid the rocks and stuff" he said. According to joe if you air the brats up a few more psi, they dune pretty good. So I'm going to take a chance, spend a little more money, and try the 6 paddle brats. I want to thank everyone for their personal experiences and the advice, it really helped. :D

so here are the rusults. I tried the 6 padle brats today out on the dunes. I think everyone agrees that with the straight paddle, you sacrifice turning ability. This is very true. I was running sand skat II's before, and now there is alot of understeer. It is easier to break it loose with a few more psi though. The tire is still duneable but you have to get used to the way the bike handles now. One good charastic is that riding on the steep sides of hills is much easier. Sliding down sideways is greatly reduced. This is a big plus for me.

As for the drags; These dont have as much bite as the skates due to having 2 less and smaller paddles. After about 30 feet though, they really take off, speed up the hill is greatly improved. I assume this is due to the fact that they are extremely light, have less paddles, and are an inch taller in diameter.

Overall, I like the tire. A good way to describe would be, "these made me faster, not quicker" Even while duning, I was faster. Although you do lose a little of that "throw you off the seat" feeling from a dead stop.

post-4307-1210469291_thumb.jpg

Edited by nidan450

grow up, kid.. dan builds race machines. you build lego castles.

dont go lookin for a fight dude

u aint gonna get one

wut r u gonna do...call me a kid then argue with a kid??

ur a weal gwown up mister

dont get involved

ur just a hot head who wants to get in everyones business just to start a fight....we are havin an intelectual argument...u need to chill. :laughing:

we're talkin bout tires...not who builds a machine

u heard it from the man...he was recomended the tire before he heard my opinion

went out and bought em

and guess what...he likes em

so :headbang1:

and ill agree with him on the power.

it is a little sluggish in the beginning but itll keep pickin up speed as u get up the hill

we got ours at 3lbs each so it pops a wheelie no problem

i agree.

i put my input in on the tires

and i get people sayin o thats not what theyre for

we got our answer its over

why don't you go on and look at page 1, post #14.. my first reply to this thread. also, my post was a couple posts before yours actually, and powerhouse along with others agreed with my post before your post, which is similar in a manner to your post without all the unnecessary animation. now can you understand why people are so hostile towards you, twit? your apology is accepted. =)~

inferior people shouldn't meddle with those who are superior to them. hah.

:beercheers::lol::lol::lol::lol::DDRrocks::DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

And in this corner representing STU we have the challenger :blah:

And in this corner we have :blah:

Click for your ring card girls in this battle of wits :drinkbeer:

They're flippin' tires folks, everybody has their personal preference. Personal attacks about something so stupid. Next thing you know somebody is going to start a thread on thumb vs twist throttle and all hell will break loose.

Watch the ring card girls and chill :beercheers:

I love summer time. :drinkbeer:

I'll let this go on for now only becuase it holds some very good entertainment value. :lol::beercheers:

Over a fuggin PADDLE TIRE discussion. :lol: I would have thought the first agrument of the summer would have been at least about politics or something. You guys never fail to suprise me! :lol: awesome :beercheers:

I love summer time. :drinkbeer:

I'll let this go on for now only becuase it holds some very good entertainment value. :lol::beercheers:

Over a fuggin PADDLE TIRE discussion. :lol: I would have thought the first agrument of the summer would have been at least about politics or something. You guys never fail to suprise me! :lol: awesome :beercheers:

we're keeping the summer drama restricted to dune and sand recreation related issues this year.