How many paddles

nidan450

what about for the front tires in the sand? knobbies,smoothies or razors :freakin_nuts: :stir:

STU Brats. That's right, paddles on the front as well. Brats are multi-purpopse:) :beercheers:

I like my Sand Stars on the front as well. I ran Mohawks on my Banshee and they were nice.

For straight lines (hill shooting) you want smoothies. For turning you (duning) you want a rib. For cost and to keep yourself from having to switch tires between desert and dunes, you want knobbies.

Personally I've really never noticed a huge difference besides front end weight on the front tires. A little difference in handleing but nothing extreme. I buy my front tires more for looks than purpose. If you do a lot of racing than the weight savings helps but as for general duning, all your doing is pushing sand and any tire can do that by adjusting the tire pressure. I still run knobbies on all my bikes except one.

Edited by DarbyCrash

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaaaaaa

Dude you talk so much crap. Like you really know what you're talking about! :freakin_nuts: :censored: Come on!

:stir: :laughoff::laughoff:

J/K! :flipoff::beercheers:

He's just gettin a rise out of you by talking his high octane junkie bs. ;) That or he really DOES like LEGOS! :shocked: :shocked2: God I hope not, Joseph! :flipoff:

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN ! :shocked2:

STU Brats. That's right, paddles on the front as well. Brats are multi-purpopse:) :beercheers:

I like my Sand Stars on the front as well. I ran Mohawks on my Banshee and they were nice.

For straight lines (hill shooting) you want smoothies. For turning you (duning) you want a rib. For cost and to keep yourself from having to switch tires between desert and dunes, you want knobbies.

Personally I've really never noticed a huge difference besides front end weight on the front tires. A little difference in handleing but nothing extreme. I buy my front tires more for looks than purpose. If you do a lot of racing than the weight savings helps but as for general duning, all your doing is pushing sand and any tire can do that by adjusting the tire pressure. I still run knobbies on all my bikes except one.

:freakin_nuts:

hahaaaaaa

Dude you talk so much crap. Like you really know what you're talking about! :freakin_nuts: :laughoff: Come on!

:stir: :shocked2: :laughoff:

J/K! :flipoff::beercheers:

He's just gettin a rise out of you by talking his high octane junkie bs. ;) That or he really DOES like LEGOS! :shocked: :shocked2: God I hope not, Joseph! :flipoff:

no i work with scaffolding

its kinda similar to legos

its like an erector set

and who doesnt like sittin down to mess with a few legos?? :censored::duniemonkie:

id rather get payed for buildin legos...AMEN

and for the tires on the front

as long as they got the razor down the middle its all good

or u could go with knobbies

it all works

Edited by motoxman30

no i work with scaffolding

its kinda similar to legos

its like an erector set

and who doesnt like sittin down to mess with a few legos?? :shocked2: :duniemonkie:

id rather get payed for buildin legos...AMEN

and for the tires on the front

as long as they got the razor down the middle its all good

or u could go with knobbies

it all works

Very wise edit of this post. If you wouldn't have edited this, you would have just opened a huge jar of :freakin_nuts: :beercheers: :shocked2: :laughoff::laughoff::censored: :poke:

Very wise edit of this post. If you wouldn't have edited this, you would have just opened a huge jar of :freakin_nuts: :beercheers: :shocked2: :shocked2: :laughoff::laughoff: :poke:

yeah dude im like wait

this doesnt make sense

then i saw the JK

so its all good

i dont come here to start anything

just lookin for ideas and tryin to get the 411 on wuts out there

That or he really DOES like LEGOS! :beercheers: :freakin_nuts: God I hope not, Joseph! :shocked2:

pete.. i used to effin' love lego's, but the new lego sets suck. space aged vehicles that make no sense, etc. i like the old lego sets.. building medieval castles, towns with gas, fire, and police stations etc.

motoxman.. i'm only riding your a$$ because of one thing. well, two things. first.. you got a sweet a$$. second.. this was my first post (post #14)

three years on the same extremes, 100wh banshee. still look like new. don't ride on the rocks.

if you want a performance tire, purchase skat-trak tires, or STU padla brat. the skat-trak tire will be more durable. if you want a heavy tire that's decent, purchase sandstars. do not choose any other tire.

this was your first post. (post #19)

dont do that

listen to this

ive got a trx 450 with paddle brats on the front and razor backs on the front

with only the paddles i beat a built banshee up the hill every time

7 paddles is too much...the motor needs to rev up and with that many paddles it causes resistance

alot of these people are givin u the names of paddles that weigh 20 lbs EACH

cmon man...dont u think thats a little to much weight

the paddle brats are 7 lbs...i can lift it with my pinky

the razor backs are 6 lbs

when u get goin the tires just LIGHT UP

we got 6 paddles and everyones wonderin wut we got in the motor...its all the paddles

before we bought em we did a bunch of research and looked at all of the tests

these were by far the best for the dunes

they are comp gooved so dont go over any rocks

http://www.sandtiresunlimited.com/sandtire1.html#brat

check it out

its just the regular padla brat and the razor back underneath it

they also slide farely well and grip like crazy

i could cruise up the steep side of comp hill

ive never gotten stuck with those on my bike

roughly.. you're knockin' me for typing the same things you did, but 5 posts earlier? i'm not sure you read any posts in this thread prior to yours, except for maybe the first two. read my post #14 i quoted in this post. it's clear, concise, and to the point. it's fabulous information for the thread starter to consider in making an opinion.

i've been calling you out throughout this thread, hoping you'd go back through and read the input from ALL forum members hoping you'd stop making a complete tool of yourself, and yet like an inexperienced adolescent you kept on to the point where initially you stated that you owned a shop, and now you state that you erect scaffolding. what is it exactly that you do? do you even own a 450 like you stated or do you dream of one? heh.

i don't really care for the answer, it's just a statement in jest, but you may continue to entertain us if you wish to. all your accusations of me being hostile, or hostile towards you are incorrect.. i'm just entertaining myself at your expense. it's not the right thing to do i know, but no hard feelings, alright kid?. i'll concentrate on occupying my time the remainder of this off-season with something or someone else now.

so here are the rusults. I tried the 6 padle brats today out on the dunes. I think everyone agrees that with the straight paddle, you sacrifice turning ability. This is very true. I was running sand skat II's before, and now there is alot of understeer. It is easier to break it loose with a few more psi though. The tire is still duneable but you have to get used to the way the bike handles now. One good charastic is that riding on the steep sides of hills is much easier. Sliding down sideways is greatly reduced. This is a big plus for me.

As for the drags; These dont have as much bite as the skates due to having 2 less and smaller paddles. After about 30 feet though, they really take off, speed up the hill is greatly improved. I assume this is due to the fact that they are extremely light, have less paddles, and are an inch taller in diameter.

Overall, I like the tire. A good way to describe would be, "these made me faster, not quicker" Even while duning, I was faster. Although you do lose a little of that "throw you off the seat" feeling from a dead stop.

Motoxman keep fighting. :laughing:

You had to be right because nidan450 likes them. :stir:

pete.. i used to effin' love lego's, but the new lego sets suck. space aged vehicles that make no sense, etc. i like the old lego sets.. building medieval castles, towns with gas, fire, and police stations etc.

motoxman.. i'm only riding your a$$ because of one thing. well, two things. first.. you got a sweet a$$. second.. this was my first post (post #14)

this was your first post. (post #19)

roughly.. you're knockin' me for typing the same things you did, but 5 posts earlier? i'm not sure you read any posts in this thread prior to yours, except for maybe the first two. read my post #14 i quoted in this post. it's clear, concise, and to the point. it's fabulous information for the thread starter to consider in making an opinion.

i've been calling you out throughout this thread, hoping you'd go back through and read the input from ALL forum members hoping you'd stop making a complete tool of yourself, and yet like an inexperienced adolescent you kept on to the point where initially you stated that you owned a shop, and now you state that you erect scaffolding. what is it exactly that you do? do you even own a 450 like you stated or do you dream of one? heh.

i don't really care for the answer, it's just a statement in jest, but you may continue to entertain us if you wish to. all your accusations of me being hostile, or hostile towards you are incorrect.. i'm just entertaining myself at your expense. it's not the right thing to do i know, but no hard feelings, alright kid?. i'll concentrate on occupying my time the remainder of this off-season with something or someone else now.

yeah dude i read the whole post before i posted...it was only like 20 posts back when i read

yeah i knew u posted it up

i was gonna mention ur name in there but i kinda forgot it

i dont fight dude...this is kinda like an argument

a fight is when u get cut off on the hill and the guy doesnt give u a beer to ease the tension :laughing:

i also kinda skimmed through it

yeah u beat me to it

and i will admit to the rest of the people on here

mr. junkie was first

its all about givin people what they need to know

we shouldnt be fightin

we're all duners

if we spent this much time fightin the sierra club u think we'd get somewhere?