How many paddles

nidan450

then dude...throw em on...u may have em in ur shop but that doesnt mean uve tried em...wut r u gonna do...take the tires out...o i dont like em let me clean em up and put em back on the shelf...and ur age doesnt matter either...they havent been out for too long...i dont see em in the shops either

u have to try out every tire...and if u say dirt wheels gets payed to lie about a tire...well then they actually got this one right...theres also other reviews...but these were done about a year after the yfz came out so the tires may have upgraded.

my uncles got some sand geckos on one of his yfzs and some other paddles with the rough edges on his other yfz.

i rode both of em....the tires were just diggin in and the slide on em sucked.

the one thing i liked about the sand geckos is that the roost on em was the best ive seen but it would tip over before it would slide.

dont take my word and dont take anybodys word

learn from experience not product price or what it says on the label

if u ever get some into ur shop...take em out and let it down to 3 lbs

u cant enjoy em by just lookin at em

:beercheers::lol::dope:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...they havent been out for too long...i dont see em in the shops either

Uh Hmmm, Padla Brats have been around for at least 15 years. I've seen them at a couple of places including Fullerton Sand Tires. I've known a couple of people that have run them and they are a good tire but not the best.

30 years of my own personal experience says that everybody on here thinks there solution is the best. Including me :beercheers:

Honestly you have to go with what your gut feeling is when picking out your tires. From what I'm gathering from this thread and from my own experience, everybody is recommending either the Extremes or the Sand Stars. As I mentioned Skat Trax makes a good tire. I personally prefer the Sand Stars because I tend to hit rocks and have tossed paddles with Haulers (not Extremes for I have never ridden them) however because I have tossed paddles with Skat Trax and have never had a problem with the Sand Stars I have been turned off by Skat Trax product line. Seems to me that you have 2 choices. Worse case scenario, you by the Extremes and end up tossing a paddle, guess what, you switch to Sand Stars. If you never toss a paddle, congratulations, you got the right tire for your ride.

alright, so here's the thing. I called up fullerton sand sports and spoke with joe. This guy seems to really know his stuff about paddle tires. He baisicly said the same thing as motoxman, that this motor is a reving motor, and a 6 paddle brat would be the lightest, allow for enough slip, and have the best performance. I told him I didnt want a tire that was so fragile I had to go easy on them. As for any of the straight paddle tires, " you have to avoid the rocks and stuff" he said. According to joe if you air the brats up a few more psi, they dune pretty good. So I'm going to take a chance, spend a little more money, and try the 6 paddle brats. I want to thank everyone for their personal experiences and the advice, it really helped. :D

alright, so here's the thing. I called up fullerton sand sports and spoke with joe. This guy seems to really know his stuff about paddle tires. He baisicly said the same thing as motoxman, that this motor is a reving motor, and a 6 paddle brat would be the lightest, allow for enough slip, and have the best performance. I told him I didnt want a tire that was so fragile I had to go easy on them. As for any of the straight paddle tires, " you have to avoid the rocks and stuff" he said. According to joe if you air the brats up a few more psi, they dune pretty good. So I'm going to take a chance, spend a little more money, and try the 6 paddle brats. I want to thank everyone for their personal experiences and the advice, it really helped. :D

if ur not gonna ride until next season wait until then i dont think the tire price changes much

that way next time you go out u can check all of em out

see whos runnin wut

it all depends on ur preference.

the only thing about the padla brats is that u dont wanna do 80 foot gaps and land on the flats

if ur gonna be hittin large jumps u want a thicker tire

but if ur just dunin its a great tire

of course it will pop if u take it up amargosa river...it might tear the paddles off as well but thatll do it to any paddle.

yeah they are fragile.

ours go flat every now and then because we didnt grease the beed to keep the sand out

but theres no holes in the rubber and ive taken it up to the top of the rocky hill on the south end of the dunes

we did bend the rim tho because of a crash off an atc track but it bent right back

but on the flats weve NEVER had a pop and we've got 3 sets

if u dont like em let me know and ill admit i was wrong and everyone else is right

as for skat tracs...those are AWESOME...the slide on em is CRAZY

but they are more for the banshees but ive seen em on a few 450s and they do aight

its personal preference not which tire is the best

its which is the best for wut u wanna do

Edited by motoxman30

The SAND TIRES UNLIMITED "BRAT" is a new addition to our impressive arsenal of sand tires. We designed and produce this tire as an ultra-light 4 ply drag racing and hill climbing tire that provides a radical bite-to-weight ratio. The tire has two paddle combinations, 6 or 9 paddles. Mounted on an aluminum wheel, the tire and wheel weight only 10-1/2 lbs, less than most other tires without a wheel. Without the sand throwing tendencies of many other tires, it is a good tire to follow. Recommended for 10" wide wheels for best tire profile, for ATV's as small as 200cc and the large ATV's up to the 500cc monsters.

HILL TIRE

The SAND TIRES UNLIMITED "BRAT" is a new addition to our impressive arsenal of sand tires. We designed and produce this tire as an ultra-light 4 ply drag racing and hill climbing tire that provides a radical bite-to-weight ratio. The tire has two paddle combinations, 6 or 9 paddles. Mounted on an aluminum wheel, the tire and wheel weight only 10-1/2 lbs, less than most other tires without a wheel. Without the sand throwing tendencies of many other tires, it is a good tire to follow. Recommended for 10" wide wheels for best tire profile, for ATV's as small as 200cc and the large ATV's up to the 500cc monsters.

HILL TIRE

nice...u can read the label :idea:

stop ur trash talkin and put em on...if u dont have a 450 then dont contribute unless u know wut ur talkin about.

if theyre a hill tire then they wouldve already been garbage by now...we've had em for 3 years and theyve still got all the paddles on em

if uve never ridden with em then how do u know the use of em

if they work fine on my 450 theyll work fine on any other 450

and u heard it from CHIEF JOE

padla brats is what u go with on a 450 unless ur doin 100 foot gaps

as for the built banshee part

im talkin bout pipe filter tires and ported cylinder..thats wut most of em got :broke:

just short of drag...it could be the riders experience of course

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=8346

wut its got is wut u see

i ride the 450s every once in a while

with the dunes gettin torn to sh*t every time i go there i decided to get a dirtbike for the 24 inches of travel

nice...u can read the label :beat:

stop ur trash talkin and put em on...if u dont have a 450 then dont contribute unless u know wut ur talkin about.

if theyre a hill tire then they wouldve already been garbage by now...we've had em for 3 years and theyve still got all the paddles on em

if uve never ridden with em then how do u know the use of em

if they work fine on my 450 theyll work fine on any other 450

and u heard it from CHIEF JOE

padla brats is what u go with on a 450 unless ur doin 100 foot gaps

as for the built banshee part

im talkin bout pipe filter tires and ported cylinder..thats wut most of em got :slap:

just short of drag...it could be the riders experience of course

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=8346

wut its got is wut u see

i ride the 450s every once in a while

with the dunes gettin torn to sh*t every time i go there i decided to get a dirtbike for the 24 inches of travel

HOLY sh*t :idea: How tall is that thing :broke:

oh man, lets just take this to the night drags!!!!! motoxman, whats done to your honda that makes it beat a built banshee? and what do you consider a built banshee??

:broke: oh god, lets not go there. Thats all this thread needs is another hillshooter Banshee discussion/ debate. :ninja::booty::idea: Its not even summer yet.

Oh no you didn't !!!~

NIGHT DRAGS ????????????????? I'm in !!! Hi Don ! :D

:beat: <--Dan at the night drags. :slap:

:6pak: oh god, lets not go there. Thats all this thread needs is another hillshooter Banshee discussion/ debate. :MBdance::dunno: :shocked2: Its not even summer yet.

:flipoff: <--Dan at the night drags. :flipoff:

Bastish ! It's all fun and games , till someone gets an eye poked out ! :poke:

HOLY sh*t :shocked2: How tall is that thing :6pak:

enough to have a range of 20-24 inches

unfortunately i look a lil big on it but hey

while everyone else is complainin about their backs hurtin and their arms goin to fall off

im ready to go another 50 miles

lets talk about those paddles now on the dirtbike

i donno wut i have but it works and thats all that matters

+ it was free and thats my favorite price

enough to have a range of 20-24 inches

unfortunately i look a lil big on it but hey

while everyone else is complainin about their backs hurtin and their arms goin to fall off

im ready to go another 50 miles

lets talk about those paddles now on the dirtbike

i donno wut i have but it works and thats all that matters

+ it was free and thats my favorite price

:6pak: Am I missing something....because the '07 and '08 CRF 450r only has 12.5 inches of travel.

post-475-1209753445_thumb.jpg

:shocked2: Am I missing something....because the '07 and '08 CRF 450r only has 12.5 inches of travel.

post-475-1209753445_thumb.jpg

You forgot to add the front and rear travel together :flipoff::flipoff::MBdance:

(that's the only way I come up with 20-24)

:6pak:

:MBdance: I knew I was missing something. Thanks. :flipoff: :6pak:

:shocked2: :D

o baby

when ur on one of those...it feels like the suspension will go down for ever :flipoff:

but yeah 12 inches front and 12 inches back

:6pak: :D

o baby

when ur on one of those...it feels like the suspension will go down for ever :dunno:

but yeah 12 inches front and 12 inches back

That's what she said...LOL

:shocked2: :flipoff::flipoff::MBdance: