Question about Stars and Bars flying around the dunes

WHIZ

I'll fly my boxers , if you want me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :beercheers:

In the words of Bart Simpson "Eat my shorts man!"

This thread has officially gone to Crap! :beercheers::lol:

Nah it hasn't, now it's just for fun. Honestly, Picking out a flag is more about personal preference and more than likely the only story behind it is "I like the way it looks, or it describes the personality" Confederate Flag= I'm a rebel or a redneck and they look cool. I doubt the majority of the people here really cares or knows about the history of the flag itself.

It's a sand thing.

Edited by DarbyCrash

Nah it hasn't, now it's just for fun. Honestly, Picking out a flag is more about personal preference and more than likely the only story behind it is "I like the way it looks, or it describes the personality" Confederate Flag= I'm a rebel or a redneck and they look cool. I doubt anybody here really cares or knows about the history of the flag itself.

It's a sand thing.

Not true.

This thread has gone to :slap:

I guess I will give up my quest for knowledge of the topic and go back to planning this years family reunion. Picture from last years family reunion:

db_Redneck_20Olympics1.jpg

Not really but, still funny stuff :broke::idea:

what your probably missing is a couple of facts. unless your indian most west coasters are transplants in the last 200 years. and to escape carpet baggers and subjegation, a large amount of southerners migrated west.

the land was decimated by the north. i/e shermans lil jaunt down through georgia.

while i dont fly the the stars and bars my heritage is steeped behind it.

i dont look at it as a hate flag it was a flag of independence that didnt make it lol

race was just another thing that brought about war not the ONLY reason.

my family was in the american revolution ( both my daughters qualify for d.a.r.)

we came through north carolina , mississipi and finaly texas. during ww2 my family migrated to cali to work in the war industry. while i still have over 300 relatives in coryell county texas. i have a heavy southern backround.

i was the first generation born in california.

we know of at least 6 family members that fought for the confederacy in the civil war. 1 was an artillaryman at the battle of sabine pass.

while i respect the confederate flag. and the reasoning behind it. i can honestly say im glad we didnt win.

a nation divided will fall apart. and what a great country we have.

there are alot of southerners here in cali / nevada also there are lots and lots of posers and wannabees add it up. and its easy to see why we have rebel flags out here.

so fact #1 lots of transplants

fact #2 posers and wannabees who have no clue why there flying it short of thinking there flying a white pride race hatred flag which isnt what that flag represented. it never did except by the ignorant..

so ends todays history lesson.......................................

Edited by barefoot bob

Bob, that was very well put! I, as well as you, can trace my roots to relatives that fought, but I had never considered the thought of the folks moving across country(Mainly because a majority of family name remains on the east coast, mainly the N.Carolina area). That was something I had not pondered at all, thanks for the history lesson.

I still have to think though a majority is:

fact #2 posers and wannabees who have no clue why there flying it short of thinking there flying a white pride race hatred flag which isnt what that flag represented. it never did except by the ignorant..

Good job Bob. Very well put and thought out. :idea: I love American history.

My Great Great Grandfather played the bugle for the north. Got shot by the grey in Virginia. Grandma still has his uniform and bugle, blood stains and all. Maybe your family shot him :broke: Pretty cool stuff.

I think we're all a little smarter now and hopefully Whiz has a better understanding of how the confederate flag made it to Dumont.

Good job Bob. Very well put and thought out. :beat: I love American history.

My Great Great Grandfather played the bugle for the north. Got shot by the grey in Virginia. Grandma still has his uniform and bugle, blood stains and all. Maybe your family shot him :idea: Pretty cool stuff.

I think we're all a little smarter now and hopefully Whiz has a better understanding of how the confederate flag made it to Dumont.

lets get sum more mullet pics :broke::slap: out there.....

I'm glad I read all the way through here Whiz, I was thinking holy Jesus this guy is from Georgia and had the gall to call it a Rebel flag!?! I see you got down to the nitty gritty and got the Confederate Battle Flag parts all correct.

It's been said, mainly by BFB, but there are a lot of Southerners who have migrated out this way. I don't fly the CBF on my bikes, I wear the pride in my heart. Whipping in the wind I have the Marine colors, a POW/MIA flag, and a Razorback flag. Have a Razorback tat on my right shoulder. But I'm all Dixie in the heart and soul.

Alot of us came out this way via the Military and like myself, got weened off of them damn ticks, mosquitos, humidity, chiggers, and some things that rhyme with them! Just have to change your hobbies. Shipped out here from Quantico myself and have never looked back, 15 years ago.

My heart's in Arkansas and the South but my comfort level is right here in 29 Palms. I'll take 110 degrees out here over any 80 degree day back home.

Back on topic, I think most people fly the CBF out here to balance out the eye pollution from all of the Messican flags. Not quite so bad at the D but down at Mother G 7 out of every 10 flags are Messican. Insane...

Welcome, by the way.