Inflateable balls, use as directed

desertrider71

Maine reporter's fun assignment _ a ride inside an inflatable ball _ gives her fractured back

06-20-2008 1:34 PM

AUBURN, Maine (Associated Press) -- It sounds like a cushy reporting assignment: Get strapped inside a huge inflatable ball and go rolling down a hill at a Maine ski area.

It wasn't quite cushy enough for Sun Journal reporter Rebekah Metzler. She has a fractured back after her ride Thursday.

She and a photographer were strapped into a car-size plastic sphere known as the Zorb when it bounced off a hay-encased post, went airborne and landed hard.

The Zorb had been scheduled to open to the public at the Lost Valley ski area this weekend. Now that's delayed because state officials say a permit may be needed.

Lost Valley co-owner Diane Moreau says she's investigating the incident.

Be carefull Dunefreak and DunieMonkey ! :freakin_nuts: :lol: :fro_smokin:

Anna was talking about rolling that thing down comp with someone in it. :drunk: This is exactly why I was like "hellll no, that chit would hurt" :freakin_nuts: :thumb:

That thing isn't strong enough to handle it anyways. We only plan on using it in the water.

It's sure fun as hell. :lol:

normal_IMG_0081~0.JPG

Find someone drunk enough (me) and roll 'em down comp :freakin_nuts: :lol::thumb:

naw just so i could roll down some hills

then wen i figured out how bad it hurt id get a drunk guy 2 do it so i could laugh :drunk2:

well the thought had passed my mind this last year to invest in one of those big water ball thingys, (for using on the finger dune) like monkie was talking about....but then i started to think about my track record....and yeah...NOT SO MUCH...i would be the first to either :pissed: or :assblast: and then i would be in traction for a month.....