Dodge Ram transmissions

dunefreak

The only reason the tranny go out is caus ethe engine lasts so dam long.

I did replace my nv4500 (5 speed) in my dodge becasue it failed. It only had 189k miles on or so, and I was pulling my 50 ft enclosed up a hill in 5th gear. It broke the input shaft. I replaced it with the nv5600 6 speed, and pretty much stopped racing the truck like I use too. The swap cost me right at 3000 but I hope to get another 200k miles out of this one even though the truck puts out 600+ rwhp and real close to 1200 ft lbs.

I ve also had to replace the front wheel bearings (unit bearings converted to lock out hubs now) and had a carrier bearing fail. n defense of the carrier bearing though, it had 180k miles on it and I was pulling 30000 lbs out of laughlin in july.

Every guy I know with a duramax has had it in the shop for injector problems, every power stroke I personally know has been to the shop many times. Infact I know guy that currently has deisel fuel filling the cooling system? Either a cracked head or some injector seals leaking or something. His 07 duramax has bad brakes, and bad mileage.

A good friend of mine that works for the city parks drives duramx, and makes fun of them always needing service.

The only reason the tranny go out is caus ethe engine lasts so dam long.

I did replace my nv4500 (5 speed) in my dodge becasue it failed. It only had 189k miles on or so, and I was pulling my 50 ft enclosed up a hill in 5th gear. It broke the input shaft. I replaced it with the nv5600 6 speed, and pretty much stopped racing the truck like I use too. The swap cost me right at 3000 but I hope to get another 200k miles out of this one even though the truck puts out 600+ rwhp and real close to 1200 ft lbs.

I ve also had to replace the front wheel bearings (unit bearings converted to lock out hubs now) and had a carrier bearing fail. n defense of the carrier bearing though, it had 180k miles on it and I was pulling 30000 lbs out of laughlin in july.

Every guy I know with a duramax has had it in the shop for injector problems, every power stroke I personally know has been to the shop many times. Infact I know guy that currently has deisel fuel filling the cooling system? Either a cracked head or some injector seals leaking or something. His 07 duramax has bad brakes, and bad mileage.

A good friend of mine that works for the city parks drives duramx, and makes fun of them always needing service.

You know me and I haven't had an injector issues. :thumb: :beer_bang:

I'm not even gonna get into the whole Chevy/Ford/Dodge debate, Jon. It's retarded. :beercheers: Most everyone knows every truck has their own issues. I only started this thread to give wingnut a ribbing. :drinkbeer: You drive your Dodge and I'll drive my Chevy and we'll both be happy. :laughoff:

I have the Chebby also with no harness problem...yet

overheats but what they hey

Capt

Who cares if it over heats. You have all those cool tv's and electronics in there!!!!! And you have a bitchin gauge cluster!!!!! :beercheers: :stir:

If I didnt pull a big trailer I d have either a ford or a duramax. I like the ford interiior better and the duramax is great in town and alot of fun. For most people and most trailers you just dont need a cummins.

I have noticed that some fords claim real good mileage and others real bad, probably driving style.

I hate all the auto trannys.....what are they 5000-7000 for an ats rebuild and convertor? Thats just too much no matter what brand it is.

in all honesty, i need to have mine looked at. if my truck hasn't been started for a couple hours+, i get in, start it up, then when i put it in gear it acts like its in nuetral and then slowly slips into gear and starts to go... but all this takes higher RPM's than it should...

truck is still under factory waranty, it still pisses me off though becuase the most ive pulled with it is quad trailers...

all well i guess... i bought it for cummins, not for dodge lol, and i made sure to get the extended waranty!

I know that happens when the truck sits for a long time. Days or weeks, mine does it all the time but only when it sits for a while. I'm on my second Dodge Ram and both of them did the same thing. I was told by the dealer that was normal but It does suck! I haven't had any issues with the trans yet, but I know it's comming. I rather up grade my trans that own a FORD any day. I don't care how many turbos it has all I see is a nightmare......

post-2594-1216750326_thumb.jpg

If I didnt pull a big trailer I d have either a ford or a duramax. I like the ford interiior better and the duramax is great in town and alot of fun. For most people and most trailers you just dont need a cummins.

I have noticed that some fords claim real good mileage and others real bad, probably driving style.

I hate all the auto trannys.....what are they 5000-7000 for an ats rebuild and convertor? Thats just too much no matter what brand it is.

Not sure that I understand, if you did not pull a big trailer you would own a Ford or a GM?

• 3 weeks later...