Dodge Ram transmissions

dunefreak

Ok I will be the 1st to reply to this post..

WINGNUT broke his truck... I told him if he wanted to drive something that needed work he should have went with a FORD... but no he wouldnt listen .. friggin moose google....AAAArrrrrGGGGHhhhh

thats my 2 sense and I am never buying a dodge just for the reason they come in Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt

Ok I will be the 1st to reply to this post..

WINGNUT broke his truck... I told him if he wanted to drive something that needed work he should have went with a FORD... but no he wouldnt listen .. friggin moose google....AAAArrrrrGGGGHhhhh

thats my 2 sense and I am never buying a dodge just for the reason they come in Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt

Ahh you suck! :laughing::laughoff: Ya just HAD to let the cat outta the bag huh?! :lol: :assrock:

can you be more specific on what ram truck you have? fords suck, other than looking good when they are tricked out.....cummins baby

:laughoff: I was referring to whatever trans they put behind the Cummins. Wingnut's just went out and I thought it was absolutley necessary to rub it in and start a thread about it. :laughing:

can you be more specific on what ram truck you have? fords suck, other than looking good when they are tricked out.....cummins baby

Its a midget Dodge. Comes with the little stripper pole for an radio antenna..

Leapord skin seats with a dingle ball dash.. has the curb warning sticks off the side at the fenders (kinda looks like Kat wiskers) when he drives he also has fury balls in the seat and the reflection off the dash causes him to say EEEEEEeeeeeeeeRRRRRRrrrrr (in the best bucked tooth shark face ever).

He has the custom horn that does say AAAAAooooooGGGGaAAAA when he passes the DDR Crew on the strip.

Its all good untill he had that friggin wounded SEAGULL stance :laughing: .

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

Its a midget Dodge. Comes with the little stripper pole for an radio antenna..

Leapord skin seats with a dingle ball dash.. has the curb warning sticks off the side at the fenders (kinda looks like Kat wiskers) when he drives he also has fury balls in the seat and the reflection off the dash causes him to say EEEEEEeeeeeeeeRRRRRRrrrrr (in the best bucked tooth shark face ever).

He has the custom horn that does say AAAAAooooooGGGGaAAAA when he passes the DDR Crew on the strip.

Its all good untill he had that friggin wounded SEAGULL stance :laughoff: .

Capt

Dave, are you FREAKIN HIGH TODAY? :flipoff::laughing::lol: :assrock:

:laughoff: I was referring to whatever trans they put behind the Cummins. Wingnut's just went out and I thought it was absolutley necessary to rub it in and start a thread about it. :laughing:

I know two people that blew up their 06 cummins transmissions, one stripped two gears teeth and one right after he got it back broke something else in their tranny.

Dave, are you FREAKIN HIGH TODAY? :lol::laughing::flipoff::pissed:

rolled out of bed about 10 am and hit the fridge for a Full Tilt (or whatever it is called) (energy drink with beer) friggin awesome lol.

So to aswere your question.... KINDA.. Man I had so much fun last night I am still excited about it.... muahahhaah :lol::lol::lol::laughoff::lol: :assrock: :shake: <<<<(Mary) lol

Capt

One of my neighbors HAD a 05 4x4 Dodge with the Cummins. Loved it except the tranny went out twice. He doesn't even pull ANYTHING. The 3rd time it started making noise, he took it back to Dodge and traded it in on a Toyota. He said he will never own a dodge again. :laughing:

Edited by maxdout

HAAAA BITCHEZZZ!!!!!!!! Tranny is fine!!!!!!!! Truck is fine, dealer dropped it off at my house yesterday!!!! The "Check ball" was replaced (I guess it's a little ball that prevents the convertor from draining!!!!! Thanks for all the concern!!! YIAH, YIAH!!!!!!! Now lets talk about the real trucks with tranny issues, FORD OWNERS!!! To quote my favorite fat friend "My truck is tough like beef jerky!!!!" :laughing::laughoff::lol:

We had major transmission problems with our first Dodge Ram 1500 (was a 1996). Of course, having a Navigator hit it and have the drive train fall on the ground in the accident sure didn't help! The truck was fixed. So pi$$ed - Mark got hit the very day we paid it off!! Stupid broad that hit us went to jail though for past warrants - for a whole weekend. :beat:

About a year or so later, we went to California for a dog tournament. All of sudden, the truck couldn't go backwards. We drove home praying the whole way that the tranny didn't drop to the ground. Got rid of it and got me a Dodge Durango, then I ended up with a Tahoe! :MBdance:

Funny thing, my mom was just telling me yesterday about her Durango and how the tranny's going out on it. I think Dodge has a bad rep for it. Mark's had 2 Rams since his 1st one, a 1500 and now a 2500 with no issues so far (knock on wood). I do like the Dodge Trucks, though. And Towbin Dodge has given us some good deals. :D

Edited by Kitcat

HAAAA BITCHEZZZ!!!!!!!! Tranny is fine!!!!!!!! Truck is fine, dealer dropped it off at my house yesterday!!!! The "Check ball" was replaced (I guess it's a little ball that prevents the convertor from draining!!!!! Thanks for all the concern!!! YIAH, YIAH!!!!!!! Now lets talk about the real trucks with tranny issues, FORD OWNERS!!! To quote my favorite fat friend "My truck is tough like beef jerky!!!!" :MBdance::beat::beat:

Eff yo check ball :black: !!! :laughoff: Right on. Glad it was something simple. I thought you were joining lvnalolife's club there for a second. :dope::laughoff::laughoff:

Only new Dodge we ever had (Durango) had tranny problems and they didnt want to cover it. I told the service manager I was going to park that POS on his desk. Got a call a few hours later from Dodge rep he said he'd cover it. So at least Dodge stepped up. But hated that dealer so bad traded it the day I got it back!!!! Bought a Tahoe from freaks store!!!

Only new Dodge we ever had (Durango) had tranny problems and they didnt want to cover it. I told the service manager I was going to park that POS on his desk. Got a call a few hours later from Dodge rep he said he'd cover it. So at least Dodge stepped up. But hated that dealer so bad traded it the day I got it back!!!! Bought a Tahoe from freaks store!!!

:beat::MBdance:

in all honesty, i need to have mine looked at. if my truck hasn't been started for a couple hours+, i get in, start it up, then when i put it in gear it acts like its in nuetral and then slowly slips into gear and starts to go... but all this takes higher RPM's than it should...

truck is still under factory waranty, it still pisses me off though becuase the most ive pulled with it is quad trailers...

all well i guess... i bought it for cummins, not for dodge lol, and i made sure to get the extended waranty!

i have a 05 cummins. i bought my truck used from someone who towed a little bit with it and ever since i got it ive been towing all kinds of stuff including my toybox. right when i got the truck the check engine light went on and i noticed that sometimes it would start out in 2nd gear and it would start shiftin funny, so i got it looked at and the trans pressure sensor and solenoid went out, so i put a new solenoid and sensor and it made it a lot better but messed it up a little for the time it was driven like that. once i towed with it all season it started slippin and gradually got worse. i already know that when you chip trucks and make them faster the trans. tends to go out on MOST ANY truck cause its just not built for that kind of power and wears it out quicker. so i think thats part of the reason mine went out, SO instead if rebuilding like factory, i BEEFED IT UP LIKE MY TRUCK HAS 700HP. upgraded the converter to a billet triple disc and upgraded the valvebody with all new gears and everything. now my truck tows better, stronger and shifts PERFECT. sucks that it went out and cost me 3k to rebuild it the way i wanted, but pretty much it is BULLET PROOF now just like the CUMMINS MOTOR!!!!!

alot of you have seen my box trailer nd all the crap i carry in it my dodge totes it around everywhere. mine is an 04 HO mt electronic shift modulator took a dump and burned the clutches in my truck. the tranny didnt fail. dodges shift modulators are apperently a weak link. they replaced the tranny no problem. other than the lift pump the truck has performed very well. im very happy with my truck :freakin_nuts:

Eff yo check ball :freakin_nuts: !!! :freakin_nuts:

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

:freakin_nuts:

from what i have heard, since the cummins switched motors....they did what ford did, talked about what worked, BACK ENGINEERED AN ALLISON (JUST LIKE FORD DID WITH THE TORQUESHIFT), and now everything is doing much better..

however....prior to the new motor...the trannys backing up the cummins were available in the 1500 rams as well

Edited by richard cheese

i have a 05 cummins. i bought my truck used from someone who towed a little bit with it and ever since i got it ive been towing all kinds of stuff including my toybox. right when i got the truck the check engine light went on and i noticed that sometimes it would start out in 2nd gear and it would start shiftin funny, so i got it looked at and the trans pressure sensor and solenoid went out, so i put a new solenoid and sensor and it made it a lot better but messed it up a little for the time it was driven like that. once i towed with it all season it started slippin and gradually got worse. i already know that when you chip trucks and make them faster the trans. tends to go out on MOST ANY truck cause its just not built for that kind of power and wears it out quicker. so i think thats part of the reason mine went out, SO instead if rebuilding like factory, i BEEFED IT UP LIKE MY TRUCK HAS 700HP. upgraded the converter to a billet triple disc and upgraded the valvebody with all new gears and everything. now my truck tows better, stronger and shifts PERFECT. sucks that it went out and cost me 3k to rebuild it the way i wanted, but pretty much it is BULLET PROOF now just like the CUMMINS MOTOR!!!!!

some aftermarket companies did that for the ford 7.3 liters too...redid the tranny the way it needed to be done..

thank god for aftermarket

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

from what i have heard, since the cummins switched motors....they did what ford did, talked about what worked, BACK ENGINEERED AN ALLISON (JUST LIKE FORD DID WITH THE TORQUESHIFT), and now everything is doing much better..

however....prior to the new motor...the trannys backing up the cummins were available in the 1500 rams as well

No they aren't Cheesy!!!! Check yo facts :freakin_nuts:

No they aren't Cheesy!!!! Check yo facts :freakin_nuts:

EFFE yo' FACTs AND yo' :freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: :coocoo:

no to which ones....admitting that allison has a good product and used some of, if not, MOST of their ideas to build their new tranny...

or

that the older trannys in the dodges were available in the 1500's with the v10's???