It's ALIVE!

bp-guy

I spent all day yesterday and a few hours today and its in and running. The hardest part was swapping all the stuff from one motor to the other. Also found out there are two types of 4.0's out there. My chrome timing chain cover wouldn't mount up to the new motor. So I had to stick with the stock black one which doesnt look too bad, I was able to use my chrome pulley however.

Considering I haven't wrenched in a few years it took me about a total of 10 hours to take out the old and install the new. Cleaning all the stuff as it goes in of course.

The passenger side exhaust is showing smoke so I am hoping that is a sign of the new motor and after it breaks in that will go away. Let it run for about 45 minutes then tucked it away in the trailer till next week when I take it to our annual golf course tournament for the Patrol.

Yesterday at 12:08, bpguy sends me this on my phone....

"motor is out!"

post-3-1219278788_thumb.jpg

Then today, only about 24 hrs later (almost exactly), he sends me "my rail is alive again!"

Nice! Good job man. Not too damn bad for a government employee!! :blink::beercheers:

Glad you got it back together, Tim. Just it time to get other chit ready for DUNE SEASON!! :beercheers:

Notice how I even taped the bars to help me incase I scratch or bump the frame!!!

It was fun turning wrenches again, I actually enjoyed doing it. No busted knuckles either, just alot of dirty fingernails and greased up hands. My back is sore from sitting on a creeper chair and hunching over alot.

You can see Tony's truggy in the background too, his motor is in and he is slowly buttoning that up as well. That should be a killer motor in that thing.

Even took it for a quick spin on tony's land and got in a quick roost to sooth me over for a while.

Right on, Right on, :beercheers:

That's a good feeling right there, Huh? :D

I got a taste of it this morning when I fired up my YFZ after all the help here from the DDR crew. :dunno:

I'm actually stoked now to get started gettin' my car torn down for repairs (lots).

Can't wait to rip some dunes again with ya Tim. :blink::blink::banghead:

And of course :beercheers:

R-

Yiah :yiah:

i still have to that and fix my tranny lol maybe next week.............................. maybe............................. :sophie:

i have a feeling im not going to be done till the last minute

Edited by barefoot bob

It's nothing really to look at. Looks the same as it did when I first got it. I will post pics later this week when its sitting on the golf course and I have 6 hotties in it!!!

cough, cough bulls**t! cough. :D

Edited by MQUnlimited

It's nothing really to look at. Looks the same as it did when I first got it. I will post pics later this week when its sitting on the golf course and I have 6 hotties in it!!!

Just remember Tim, the sand traps aren't dunes!!! :beercheers:

Just remember Tim, the sand traps aren't dunes!!! :beercheers:

true dat!

Getting ready to leave here in an hour or so. Camera in hand!!

4 of the girls went out and bought golf outfits. Can't wait to see that!