plane crash today

RAGDOLL MX

Yeah, that plane crash kept me from being able to work on my generator being that my toy hauler is at my father-in-laws house right behind the one that the plane flew into. Cops wouldn'e even let me drive down to hook up the trailer and take it somewhere else. Said FAA had to secure the whole area. Pissed me off! Anyway, sucks the pilot died. Now I have to rush around tonight and see if I can get my generator working and see if I am still going to Coral this weekend or not.

Channel 3 News...Update 6:25PM: :clap:

According to Clark County Fire five people were in the home at the time of the crash, two children ages 3 and 14, their parents, and a visiting friend.

The kids were upstairs near where the plane made impact. The children's mother was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. The others are said to be doing okay.

Two people were home in the other house impacted by the crash. They are said to be doing well.

The pilot's body has been recovered from the remnants of the cockpit.

:(

The construction worker that used a water truck to try and keep the fire contained said a dog died in the fire.

Interesting, the "main" house was a foreclosure and early info said no one was in the house. However, my almost daughter-in-law told me today that someone had bought it and was supposed to move in this weekend. She also drove by there today about 11:30 a.m. and the coroner was on scene. I can't imagine they would have left the body there overnight. I had to drive through there today to her house and 2 fire trucks were back on scene, cops for security <I suppose>, and EVERY local station had a news crew out there parked in the "cul-de-sac" across from the homes. Investigating?!? Recovery?? :clap: But I do know it sure made my heart sink driving thru that area. It's pretty much smack dab in the middle between our house and where my sister lives. Looks like a war zone over there. :(

I was heading up Rancho as it happened, all the sudden that big black plume of smoke appeared. it was really close to our shop!!

Had he stayed in the air another 10 seconds it would have been right on top of us. We are directly under the wesern flight path, we even get shadows of the planes in the skylights. Funny thing is Jerry was working in the shop and did not even notice the smoke or the choppers?

Really messed the power up in our area too.

He was trying to get to the airport to make an emergency landing. Didn't happen. The N. Las Vegas fire dept was already en route to the airport, hence them being on scene along with the many City fire trucks that were there also. You guys were LUCKY!!

I was pointed in that direction bringing the kids home from school. Didn't see a thing. We must have got inside just before impact. Didn't hear the sirens either. Davey sent me a text at 3:15 to turn on the news. :clap: I new exactly where it had hit from the aerial shots. Last night on the way home from my sister's at 11:30, Nevada Power was working to get new poles up and power back on to some 900 customers. A fleet of Cox Comm. trucks were there too getting their cable lines up and running.

reading the RJ's article they listed 11 wrecks and accidents over i think the last 15 years or so. on airport property and off. my house is pretty close to the last one and another one. im not worried a lot more things to worry about then that in my life

reading the RJ's article they listed 11 wrecks and accidents over i think the last 15 years or so. on airport property and off. my house is pretty close to the last one and another one. im not worried a lot more things to worry about then that in my life

And the fact that no large jets, ie: 747's, DC10's, etc., take off from the NLV airport, is a bit of a relief. Those could take out whole neighborhoods, not just a house or two. :clap:

I actually knew the lady who's home was hit by a plane in '99, way closer to my house than this last one and just a couple blocks from my kids' elementary school. Just off Cheyenne on Sisk. The couple in the plane were killed, but she and her grand and great grandchildren were not hurt.