no more punk satelite channels!

dunefreak

This is the first chance I've had to look this up and see if it was actually true or if the Punk channels just moved.

It's one thing to nix the punk channel, but to replace with with a 24 hr a day AC/DC channel??? COME ON!!!! :laughoff:

What a crock of chit! :barf: This makes my blood boil. :banghead::dunno: Octane and Squizz are "ok", but seriously! Most of the music these days on the radio and even satelite flat out sucks azz. If I hear one more Metallica, Staind, Hinder, 5 Finger Death Punch, BuckCherry, Saving Abel, etc etc piece of crap song Imma punch someone. :beat::laughoff::idea:

UGGH...rant over. :banghead: Carry on. :beercheers:

With the XM and Sirius merger in full swing, the first casualties of the partnership are starting to appear. First on the chopping block are the two punk rock satellite stations, Fungus 53 and Sirius Punk which are both being replaced with an 24 hour a day station dedicated to Australian hard rock act AC/DC. While the all-AC/DC station is slated to expire in January, there is no word on what will replace it going forward. Sirius' former punk page is directing listeners to their Extreme Sports station which will include punk, hip hop and metal.

Both stations provided a mixture of vintage and recent punk rock, with Sirius promising acts like "Sex Pistols, Ramones, Misfits, Black Flag, The Clash, Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencies, Pennywise, Fugazi and many more" while Fungus 53 hosted shows DJ-ed by Rancid, Joe Sib's Complete Control Radio and others.

NOFX's Fat Mike even weighed in on the station, noting: "I hate the radio but I like Fungus/The only punk rock station, it's humongous." in their song, "Fungus" which appeared on the April 2005 7-inch in their monthly series.

If you want to get in touch with Fungus to ask about the switch, you can reach them here or via programming@xmradio.com and fungus@xmradio.com.

I was :beercheers::banghead::banghead::laughoff: that channel was awesome!!!!!!!

I mean REALLY.................24 hours of AC/DC!!! :laughoff: SERIOUSLY I am sure that there are a few people out there that REALLY want to listen to then for 24 hours, but they could have just listened to the classic rewind channel!! :idea::barf::beat::bs:

And I just looove how they direct me to a channel that forces hip hop down my throat!! :dunno:

It does seem like everytime I get in the car they are playing the new "Tallica" or talking about the new "Tallica" I can't even stand to listen to that dudes voice talk anymore let alone sing!!

If it weren't for the Football and NASCAR channels I would ditch my sattelite completely, but its nice to cathc the game or the race when in the dunes!

Edited by sand chick

red a$$ alert red a$$ alert panties in a bunch call in a medic. give him 150ccs of punk stat ! " oh ! doctor is he going to make it ?" "were not sure," " hopefully this ipod with punk will get him back under control"

the world will have to wait and see .............................. deedle deee :beercheers::banghead::banghead: :sophie:

Won't they run out of songs to play after a week or two? Out of all the stupid channels on serious why get rid of 29?

Great! the dinosour rock channel....

What's next the Detroit Lions channel? "listen in as we replay 50 years of losing"

:beercheers:

seriously.

i cant stand radio...my ipod is almost like my heart...except for all the vital/living crap.

pete you do any dropkick murphys?

Yiah Yiah :beercheers: Dropkick kicks :banghead:

still want to go to there boston St. patricks day party someday

Edited by TheAlaskan

That's awesome !!!!!!! AC/DC 24-7

Yiah yiah !!!!!!!!

Just kidding Pete LOL

No you're not. Admit it. You love the a$$ rock too! :idea: LOL

BTW, (off topic) come get your damn DDR shirts from me. ;)

red a$$ alert red a$$ alert panties in a bunch call in a medic. give him 150ccs of punk stat ! " oh ! doctor is he going to make it ?" "were not sure," " hopefully this ipod with punk will get him back under control"

the world will have to wait and see .............................. deedle deee :barf::beat::lol: :sophie:

:blah: Oh well...you tried. :beercheers:

What can I say. I like music. :laughoff:

seriously.

i cant stand radio...my ipod is almost like my heart...except for all the vital/living crap.

pete you do any dropkick murphys?

i listened to fungus on occasion, but i can assure you there's never been a time in my life that i've stated "i wanna listen to AC/DC all effin' day long!"

:banghead: Yeah, same here except i can assure you there's never been a time in my life that i've stated i wanna listen to AC/DC AT ALL! :barf: :poop: :poop:

Fuggin "stiff upper lip". :dunno: SO FRIGGEN STOOOOPID!!!! :old::banghead::bs:

I'M SO waiting for the AC/DC fan of all times to chime in. :laughoff::lol:

I kinda think its funny, that I got my "Make Satillite Radio Your Own" email yesturday. Came with a nice little survey about what I like :whistle::pissed::old: I wasted the time of course and filled it out..........

No where on the survey did it ask me if I wanted to listen to 24/7 AC/DC :laughing:

pref_email_img6.gif