help stop this bs

florida boy

me and a buddie are having a bashing of heads. :hello: Went out the other weekend and I was faster all day. told him air pressure in tires would make a diffrence. he runs his rock hard fronts and rears. what would be a good pressure to run? stock yfz450 about 185-200lb. guy. we are going out this weekend if he is off of work.

I think I'm around 3.5-4 lbs but in general all you need is the least amount of tire pressure to keep it on the rim, softer ride, better (wider) path for traction & control...

This won't make anyone a faster rider but will help a lot with rear wheel hook-up & steering...

:2gunsfiring:

Edited by indasand

5 front 4 back...thats what i run on all 3 of my quads with sand or dirt tires. Anything more than that is way too stiff for sand and anything less is too low. So thats where i run mine and tell all my friends to run and it seems to work out for everybody...even on the side by sides.

• 3 weeks later...

don't most ATV sand tires recommended 5psi or less? take a look at you side wall. i run 2.5-3 psi front and 3 psi rear on the quad. i run my mini truck 8psi front and 6-7 rear. i run my suburban 8psi on all corner, but i have rolled some tires off the bead with the big tank. and i run my bike on flats half the time. i start the bike out at 2psi front and rear but before the end of the weekend there just flat.

me and a buddie are having a bashing of heads. :beat: Went out the other weekend and I was faster all day. told him air pressure in tires would make a diffrence. he runs his rock hard fronts and rears. what would be a good pressure to run? stock yfz450 about 185-200lb. guy. we are going out this weekend if he is off of work.

If you still have my old yfz it's gonna be a bit faster than stock. It does have alot of bolt on mods.

Sometimes I run 3.173 psi in the fronts and 4.429 psi in the rears. :beat:

come on! :laughing:

When you are racing tire pressure makes a huge difference.Even a half pound. :lol: the numbers i said only mean 3 1/2 to 4 to 4 1/2lbs which is about the range for the hill.