ATC 70 tips/tricks

RAGDOLL MX

:rolleyes: u got any tips/ tricks or other information and part #s that could help other 70 owners.

well as iam tinkering with my 70, iam wanting to get rid of the 3/100 bolt pattern, and iam looking at a set of blaster 200 rear hubs, i wondering if they fit the spline..

YES they do!..now i can up grade 4/100 24 spline

COLLAR,WHEEL (U49) 2XJ-25383-00-00 $78.31

or go here and get a 4/110 for a set 35.00

http://www.sterdyproducts.com/productcart/...mp;idproduct=87

just FYI

:laughing:

old nasty 2 peice wheel with the 3/100 hub

post-693-1232745637_thumb.jpg

newhub to accodimate the new wheels 4/100

post-693-1232745666_thumb.jpg

Edited by NACHOOOO MOG

Cole you should try some YFZ or Raptor hubs, bad thing about Blaster hubs is that they are the only ones in the Yamaha family to use that bolt pattern.

Tip: If I am not mistaken with a little work you can get the CRF50 aftermarket pipes to work on a ATC70, but I will verify this.

Cole you should try some YFZ or Raptor hubs, bad thing about Blaster hubs is that they are the only ones in the Yamaha family to use that bolt pattern.

Tip: If I am not mistaken with a little work you can get the CRF50 aftermarket pipes to work on a ATC70, but I will verify this.

ATC 200x hubs fit also... that will give you the 4/110 pattern

Changing the bolt pattern makes it easier to buy rims, stop you from having to run the two piece wheels with the oring.

Weight that is funny the amount of weight is nothing compared to putting an adult on a bike that was made for a little kid, so I dont think that really comes into play for us.

3wheeler.org!!!! thats what I am talking about!

oh, and a little note, if you decide to run larger rims and tires, you may need to fab up some spacers to raise the rear fenders for clearance, there is a thread about this on .org in the 70's section. along with alot of other helpful information.

Edited by Vegas250rr

Different tip:

After tips from a variety of sites, including this one, I did the muriatic acid to clean up the majority of the rust inside the tank. Flushed it with gas, but still had a little. Went back and used CLR with some nuts and washers, shook the sh*t out of it, and re-flushed with gas. Taking to a radiator shop next to do treatment. Looks new inside. A little muriatic acid got on the paint and its chipping so careful if you want to keep original paint.

Tried compressed air to take out dents on the side from the forks. one came out, but the other is stubborn.

I like the sterdy exhaust, but the cobra is cheaper. any feedback on the cobra exhaust?

:ynot:

Edited by rushjunkie

I bought an after market big bore pipe off ebay for my trx 70 and had no problems bolting it right up.I had to bend it a tiny bit for clearance issues but it was minor.Of course I have no rear fenders on mine so I guess that would change alot.I think the best thing to do is ditch the whole motor and drop in a bigger one.It makes it so much more fun to ride.The aftermarket motors will bolt right in with no mods to the frame.

Here is a more recent pic of the TRX110.It doesnt matter how long this thing sits it always fires right up and runs like a top.This is the only bike ive ever owned that gives me zero issues.

post-16-1232921450_thumb.jpg

post-16-1232921614_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sand_YFZ

• 2 months later...

quick lesson learned last night:

the little rubber peice that goes on the toe shifter

i bought 2 from yamaha of troy, tired to intsall it on the shifter, almost split it, so here is the lesson.

1. get small pot of boiling water

2. get beer

3. put the little rubber peice in boiling water for about 2 min

4. drink beer

5. a little dab of grease on the shifter

6. finish beer

7. slides right on

8. get another beer and celebrate your sucess

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

• 8 months later...

quick lesson learned last night:

the little rubber peice that goes on the toe shifter

i bought 2 from yamaha of troy, tired to intsall it on the shifter, almost split it, so here is the lesson.

1. get small pot of boiling water

2. get beer

3. put the little rubber peice in boiling water for about 2 min

4. drink beer

5. a little dab of grease on the shifter

6. finish beer

7. slides right on

8. get another beer and celebrate your sucess

That's what I'm talkin' about. :lol::lol::lol: