DODGE TRUCK PROBLEMS

OGP

When you say "Just about had to give it away" is that becasue the 6.0 is a POS? I seen a nice one for cheap but the stories here scare me, I am sure they are good trucks as long as you service them? right?

Mine had 57K only problem was turbo went bad @ 30K. They seem to be riliable when stock, my cousin blew a head gasket and they had to remove the cab of the truck to fix it... :ah:

My work truck is a Dodge Megacab. It now has 25,000 miles on it. The first problems just started coming recently.

I guess they are fly by wire for the throttle (no cables) and all of a sudden it would just stop running. It mainly did it a low speeds but when I drive in the mountains on dirt roads it gets pretty hairy!!!

Had to send it back to the dealer 3 times to fix it. I almost died two times because the motor stopped on me on a turn on a dirt road ON A MOUNTAIN! A 200 foot roll down a hillside doesnt really appeal to me at this point im my life.

My wife works for a diesel company and the owner told me the 6.0 has had some problems but only after the exoctic stuff was put on to make it go faster. Other then that thay are good just take care of them.

Hell he said all the diesel trucks have issues and wil cost a boat load of cash to fix any major problems but thay are all good in his book.

Waiting to pull the trigger on a D-max or a ford. They need to be lifted and the right price but very soon. I sold the 1500 and cant see me driving a v8 again..GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!

HMM everybody says the 6.0 is a POS, and I KNOW that they had ALLOT of troubles in the first years. But I have a banks six gun programmer, and 5 inch exhaust all the way back, cold air intake, and the only problems I have had is the darn tube on in the cold side keeps blowing off (twice under warranty, next time I am going aftermarket on that tube) and I am MEAN to that SOB, all miles 30K plus were pulling a 33' fifth wheel with my foot in it. (plus I LOVE the sound that bad boy makes when I stuff my foot in it) BIG DIFF, is the keep your damn eye on the EGT's!!!!! that is true with all modified diesels! ok back to topic :driver::banghead::blury::lol:

HMM everybody says the 6.0 is a POS, and I KNOW that they had ALLOT of troubles in the first years. But I have a banks six gun programmer, and 5 inch exhaust all the way back, cold air intake, and the only problems I have had is the darn tube on in the cold side keeps blowing off (twice under warranty, next time I am going aftermarket on that tube) and I am MEAN to that SOB, all miles 30K plus were pulling a 33' fifth wheel with my foot in it. (plus I LOVE the sound that bad boy makes when I stuff my foot in it) BIG DIFF, is the keep your damn eye on the EGT's!!!!! that is true with all modified diesels! ok back to topic :shake::dope::grin::slap:

FORD NUF SAID !! :dunno::usa:

My 7.3 PSD is chuggin along just fine (over 230K on the clocks now), but you couldn't pay me to own a 6.slow or the 6.4. I've considered going over to Dodge but only if I could find what I wanted with the 5.9.

That's just my two cent though.....

Anyone having problems with their dodge truck lately? There are rediculous deals on Dodge trucks right now and I was wondering about their relability compared to the chevy.

It's the transmissions. Go into the Dodge forums. I did. You can't "chip" them without modification to the transmission. Stock is it! The Chevy's guys are saying either injectors for "x" years or overheating for other years. If your looking at a diesel, the Ford 7.3l still seems to be the ticket. Do your home. I am currently looking as well. Everytime I turn around a Ford F250 is towing it. Tells you something.

:DDRrocks:

Edited by bladeridder

HMM everybody says the 6.0 is a POS, and I KNOW that they had ALLOT of troubles in the first years. But I have a banks six gun programmer, and 5 inch exhaust all the way back, cold air intake, and the only problems I have had is the darn tube on in the cold side keeps blowing off (twice under warranty, next time I am going aftermarket on that tube) and I am MEAN to that SOB, all miles 30K plus were pulling a 33' fifth wheel with my foot in it. (plus I LOVE the sound that bad boy makes when I stuff my foot in it) BIG DIFF, is the keep your damn eye on the EGT's!!!!! that is true with all modified diesels! ok back to topic :blah::blah::blah::blah:

The 6.0l can be made to produce enough power to blow most away. It can. Read about it. But, you need to replace the head bolts with ARP. Replace the head gaskets. Remove the EGR system. Weld it closed. If you read, most say after these mods were done. The motor is fine. Remember, the only reason the 6.0 came into the picture was because of smog. The smog emmissions were cut 33% if I remember going from the 7.3 to the 6.0. But the extra smog came with issues. :DDRrocks:

My wife works for a diesel company and the owner told me the 6.0 has had some problems but only after the exoctic stuff was put on to make it go faster. Other then that thay are good just take care of them.

Hell he said all the diesel trucks have issues and wil cost a boat load of cash to fix any major problems but thay are all good in his book.

Waiting to pull the trigger on a D-max or a ford. They need to be lifted and the right price but very soon. I sold the 1500 and cant see me driving a v8 again..GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!

Unless the mods I stated are done. But, the 2003 6.0l is back in court I hear again for another class action. So, if you want the 6.0, then go with the 2004 and above.

Becareful of the DMax and what years your looking at :DDRrocks: Some have injector issues and others have that over heating issues. Both I hear can be resolved. But, like everything it comes with a price. If you want to p/u and just drive it. Get the F250 7.3l 2003 was the last year

Unless the mods I stated are done. But, the 2003 6.0l is back in court I hear again for another class action. So, if you want the 6.0, then go with the 2004 and above.

Becareful of the DMax and what years your looking at :blah: Some have injector issues and others have that over heating issues. Both I hear can be resolved. But, like everything it comes with a price. If you want to p/u and just drive it. Get the F250 7.3l 2003 was the last year

actually the MOST (almost all) LB7 Dmax's that have the injector issues are covered under a special policy up to 200,000 miles...as long as it's not programmed up the azz :DDRrocks::blah:

Becareful of the DMax and what years your looking at :DDRrocks: Some have injector issues and others have that over heating issues. Both I hear can be resolved. But, like everything it comes with a price. If you want to p/u and just drive it. Get the F250 7.3l 2003 was the last year

my injectors went back in august, gm covered them under a TSB that was issued like 5 years ago.....thats why the changed the configuration of the injectors, and improved some other things, and designated a different engine....the lly. i have an lb7.....sinve the lly ,there has been the lbz, and now with smog stuff crammed up its azz...the lmm

at least gm did something to improve the injector crap....ford let their problems ride on...causing them a huge loss in the diesel market

my local dodge dealer is closing its doors. it practically giving away the new dodge trucks. Im going to go down there and check on prices for ISBB. Anyone else want me to look for them? I heard the 2 challengers they had were almost free!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...