Superbowl weekend report

dunefreak

We just got back this afternoon. It was a killer weekend out there. PERFECT weather, SMOOTH dunes and great lines. ISBB & I met up w/ Chris1223 and Chadwick99 at the gas station Sat AM. We rolled into D about 10am and pulled up w/ Vegas Style.

It started out as a day trip for us, but we decided to take the hauler and make a weekend out of it instead. I'm really glad we did too. It was a very cheap, simple, chill weekend out there. We got many rides in on Saturday. It was Chadwick's first time out to Dumont and he loved it. Pretty cool to see someone experience Dumont for the first time. Makes me remember my first trip. :lol: Good times Chad and nice meeting you. We'll help you out again next trip on learning those razors and transitions. :laughing::thumb:

Saturday's rides were great. The sand was perfect. On our last ride that day ISBB's waterpump seal started leakin when we got out to the north pole. :dope: He let it cool down and then filled it back up w/ some water and limped it back along the back stretch. On the way back we noticed a buggy broken down. The guy seemed like he was just waitin for help so we kept on. Then....about a mile later we saw some dude walking with a walkie takie, :laughing: I stopped and asked him if he needed a ride. He was like "hell yeah dude thanks!" Get this....ends up we knew each other! :laughing: I met him (Gary) exactly a year ago this weekend. He was the guy who had this interesting lil China buggy thing out at the north pole LAST SUPERBOWL weekend! Small world...crazy huh? So we cruised back to our camp and we grabbed my other Raptor to go to his camp for supplies. (Little Dumont) His alternator was the issue on the buggy so we grabbed a new battery, jump box etc and put it in his buddy's busa Rhino. :rockwoot: We cruised back to big Dumont to our camp and they proceeded from there and had it handled. Nice group of peeps and we plan on meeting up Prez weekend for some buggy runs. He has a bitchen dual sport car.

Sat night was very nice and chill. We had a great fire going that was super relaxing. I even got some time on the 70 and made a fun lil circle track around the fire. :headbang1: We met Brian (sandfreak33) and his buddies from Barstow and hung out for a bit. :flipoff: We also saw and chatted with Sandpirates early in the day but couldn't find where the heck he was camped later that night when we cruised over. :dunno::laughing:

Sunday (today) we slept in which was much needed for me as I've been doin a ton of chit latley. We missed out on the AM ride with Brian and group, but we'll hook up next time guys. Great meeting you. :black:

ISBB, Vegas Style and I got a nice long ride in late morning. Then towards the end of the ride my other Raptor (that Nick was riding) busted a chain. Luckily we weren't too far from camp. I was able to pull him back. So at this point since we were out of running bikes we finished up the beer oin the cooler :laughing: then split this afternoon around 1- 1:30.

It was 73 degrees leaving today...absolutley gorgeous. Yesterday was almost a tad warm...over 80 degrees!

Killer trip! Glad we did this one. Nice meeting all the new faces this weekend and great hanging out with the homies. :B :slap:

I took some pics. Will post some up later.

Thanks Pete I had a blast! I have been thinking all day long today about my first trip and I'm excited to go again. Give me some time, I will get more confident on those transitions and before you know it I will be right behind you guys on those fun tricky runs! :flipoff:

Thanks Pete I had a blast! I have been thinking all day long today about my first trip and I'm excited to go again. Give me some time, I will get more confident on those transitions and before you know it I will be right behind you guys on those fun tricky runs! :slap:

You will get the hang of it in no time.. Just keep up the good work and dont be scared of that throttle.. Wind the piss outta that raptor motor they love it :D

MAN what an awesome weekend. I havent had an overnight trip in quite a while and man was it needed.

Observations.

My bike broke again!

Telephone poles in dumont WTF is up with that!

HUGE CAMP next to us and NO NOISE @ NIGHT..

Strange guys walking in the middle of the dunes...

first time ever being towed in from the dunes.. Next time invest in chest protector. All was great till we hit the rocky flats.. Man those haulers on petes bike can throw some rocks lol.

Everyone from barstow isnt a douchebag!!

YIAH YIAH!!

36 beers is just right for 2 guys and a chill weekend. Imagine if it was a party weekend. would have had of brought more!

Hebrew Nationals.. Damn those things are good.. Just umm dont stand around me after wards :flipoff: :black:

2% of all sobe bombs are destined not to work right.. we just happend to get one of those 2% lol

70 training around the camp fire *BADASS* we need a bigger jump!

I had a great time despise the technical difficulties with the bikes LOL.. Even duniemonkie asked why are you guys coming home so early.. A simple reply.. We ran out of things to ride LOL. Sometimes the Super Simple trips are the best ones..

It was cool meeting you guys. Have to go for a ride next time. Hopefully won't have to work on the banshee for 2 hours next time we go out.

:flipoff: Next trip for sure man

Hey Pete, make sure you post pics of the south pole construction crew.

you mean north pole right? :black:

Sat late morning run chillen at the n pole

normal_P1310001.JPG

stopped at comp to watch this badass Racer tear it up

normal_P1310002.JPG

normal_P1310004.JPG

normal_P1310007.JPG

normal_P1310008.JPG

ISBB hitten comp on the 500

normal_P1310006.JPG

bitchen dunes :flipoff:

normal_P1310009.JPG

normal_P1310011.JPG

normal_P1310012.JPG

normal_P1310014.JPG

normal_P1310016.JPG

normal_P1310015.JPG

comp hill area...very empty :black:

normal_P1310017.JPG

ISBB :dope:

normal_P1310018.JPG

an attempt at a panorama shot of camp area :laughing:

P1310019.JPG

camp area

normal_P1310020.JPG

:laughing::headbang1:

normal_P1310021.JPG

:laughing::thumb: IT GREW!

normal_P1310022.JPG

normal_P1310024.JPG

normal_P1310025.JPG

the giant north pole construction crew

normal_P1310026.JPG

normal_P1310034.JPG

that sweet car from earlier...out at the north pole

normal_P1310027.JPG

ahhh...time for some relaxation and a :laughing:

normal_P1310028.JPG

we had um...really flamable firewood :laughing::dunno:

normal_P1310029.JPG

flight for life this morning

normal_P1310030.JPG

quad rider showing the CHP where help was needed

normal_P1310032.JPG

Baker medic

normal_P1310033.JPG

Gary's dual sport :slap:

normal_P1310035.JPG

Maybe we can use this to tow it back! What do ya think?

normal_P2010036.JPG

trx70 photoshoot :rockwoot:

normal_P2010037.JPG

Gary's buddy's HAYABUSA Rhino :ah: :lol: This thing is nuts!

normal_P2010040.JPG

ISBB soaking up the last few moments of the epic day before leaving.

normal_P2010038.JPG

some very cool duners picking up some trash that some effers left behind :clap: props to these guys!

normal_P2010041.JPG

Ranger station is looking nice!

normal_P2010043.JPG

Later Dumont :yiah:

normal_P2010046.JPG

Looks like lots of construction going on for someplace that is going to be shut down soon. North Pole, Ranger Station, tax dollars hard at work for Boxer, Feinstien, and Osama to hand it over to the Greenies.

What's up with that North Pole anyway? Cool lookin' but I say azzhats will have it down by Pres Weekend.

Sorry I miss out on this what had become an annual pilgrimage for the past four years. Remodeling and the guy that's helping me had his mother passed away last week. Concrete grinding sucks. Never seen so much dust of such fine particles.

Glad you guys enjoyed the trip. I'll be there next year.

Looks like lots of construction going on for someplace that is going to be shut down soon. North Pole, Ranger Station, tax dollars hard at work for Boxer, Feinstien, and Osama to hand it over to the Greenies.

What's up with that North Pole anyway? Cool lookin' but I say azzhats will have it down by Pres Weekend.

Sorry I miss out on this what had become an annual pilgrimage for the past four years. Remodeling and the guy that's helping me had his mother passed away last week. Concrete grinding sucks. Never seen so much dust of such fine particles.

Glad you guys enjoyed the trip. I'll be there next year.

Yeah sucks you couldn't make it out to this one, Vic. We would have liked to have ya there. Oh well, there's always next time. :flipoff:

North pole: no idea what that was about but those dudes were dedicated! :black: We were cruising out there around sun-down on Saturday and I spotted that thing about 5 dunes back! :slap: I thought it was someone's big azz flag or whip or something. :lol: It's over 20 feet tall and looks like it was a telephone pole at one time. I agree, some jerks will probably pull it down in no time but I hope not.

Ranger station: the BLM recently received a grant for maintenance that was used to fund that project. And yes, it is nice to see things like this after hearing all that stuff about possible closures etc. The BLM doesn't want the place shut down and you know they wouldn't be dumping money into something they know is gonna go bye bye. We all know that.

dude, what??? this guys

post-457-1233565934_thumb.jpg

buggy broke down???

:flipoff:

"do not chug richard while driving this car!!" :slap:

what happened to the buggy?

this is what the busa rhino looked like @ kickoff weekend

post-457-1233566096_thumb.jpg

Wow. glad to see other peeps enjoying MY FUGGIN weekend :black: :lol: j/k glad to see

the temps were nice this year, as last year a couple days were in the 40's during the day, and freezing and below @ night

any vendors row rockin der chit?

this rail was at the sand sports super show the last couple years...pretty badass ride!

normal_P1310008.JPG

Edited by richard cheese

dude, what??? this guys

post-457-1233565934_thumb.jpg

buggy broke down???

:flipoff:

"do not chug richard while driving this car!!" :rockwoot:

what happened to the buggy?

this is what the busa rhino looked like @ kickoff weekend

post-457-1233566096_thumb.jpg

Wow. glad to see other peeps enjoying MY FUGGIN weekend :black: :laughing: j/k glad to see

the temps were nice this year, as last year a couple days were in the 40's during the day, and freezing and below @ night

any vendors row rockin der chit?

this rail was at the sand sports super show the last couple years...pretty badass ride!

normal_P1310008.JPG

Yep that was him. I knew you'd remember that.

Vendors that were there: Sandcrazd, Loose Screws Offroad Supply, California Casuals, Dune Mart, and a couple other t-shirt places and a food place. Thats about it.

As for the car, I think you are thinking of the beige Wicked Sand Car that has a very similar body on it. ;)

:slap: that effing chain was brand new 1 ride on it and so was the sproket i think :lol:

You sure about that? If that's the case, then I wonder why the heck this thing goes through so many chains. It almost busted the case again. :headbang1:

We just got back this afternoon. It was a killer weekend out there. PERFECT weather, SMOOTH dunes and great lines. ISBB & I met up w/ Chris1223 and Chadwick99 at the gas station Sat AM. We rolled into D about 10am and pulled up w/ Vegas Style.

It started out as a day trip for us, but we decided to take the hauler and make a weekend out of it instead. I'm really glad we did too. It was a very cheap, simple, chill weekend out there. We got many rides in on Saturday. It was Chadwick's first time out to Dumont and he loved it. Pretty cool to see someone experience Dumont for the first time. Makes me remember my first trip. :headbang1: Good times Chad and nice meeting you. We'll help you out again next trip on learning those razors and transitions. :laughing::thumb:

Saturday's rides were great. The sand was perfect. On our last ride that day ISBB's waterpump seal started leakin when we got out to the north pole. :dope: He let it cool down and then filled it back up w/ some water and limped it back along the back stretch. On the way back we noticed a buggy broken down. The guy seemed like he was just waitin for help so we kept on. Then....about a mile later we saw some dude walking with a walkie takie, :laughing: I stopped and asked him if he needed a ride. He was like "hell yeah dude thanks!" Get this....ends up we knew each other! :laughing: I met him (Gary) exactly a year ago this weekend. He was the guy who had this interesting lil China buggy thing out at the north pole LAST SUPERBOWL weekend! Small world...crazy huh? So we cruised back to our camp and we grabbed my other Raptor to go to his camp for supplies. (Little Dumont) His alternator was the issue on the buggy so we grabbed a new battery, jump box etc and put it in his buddy's busa Rhino. :rockwoot: We cruised back to big Dumont to our camp and they proceeded from there and had it handled. Nice group of peeps and we plan on meeting up Prez weekend for some buggy runs. He has a bitchen dual sport car.

Sat night was very nice and chill. We had a great fire going that was super relaxing. I even got some time on the 70 and made a fun lil circle track around the fire. :headbang1: We met Brian (sandfreak33) and his buddies from Barstow and hung out for a bit. :beerpint: We also saw and chatted with Sandpirates early in the day but couldn't find where the heck he was camped later that night when we cruised over. :dunno::laughing:

Sunday (today) we slept in which was much needed for me as I've been doin a ton of chit latley. We missed out on the AM ride with Brian and group, but we'll hook up next time guys. Great meeting you. :banghead:

ISBB, Vegas Style and I got a nice long ride in late morning. Then towards the end of the ride my other Raptor (that Nick was riding) busted a chain. Luckily we weren't too far from camp. I was able to pull him back. So at this point since we were out of running bikes we finished up the beer oin the cooler :laughing: then split this afternoon around 1- 1:30.

It was 73 degrees leaving today...absolutley gorgeous. Yesterday was almost a tad warm...over 80 degrees!

Killer trip! Glad we did this one. Nice meeting all the new faces this weekend and great hanging out with the homies. :B :grin:

I took some pics. Will post some up later.

:old::old: Pete I think your just getting to "OLD" and your eye sight is obstructed with :drunk: and :70::beerpint: . Yeah we put in an extra case of beer and was waiting for you guys for Superbowl....great times, Cold Beers and Shots, sorry you could not find us for sure.

Ron over at Loose Screw had the socket I was looking for, turned out to be a 7/32 not metric......anyway, sorry we didnt get to hook up more, but maybe next time. Good seeing Nick and meeting Vegas Style and Chris and Chad as well. Getting ready to hit the dunes going to the North Pole this morning and then maybe the south pole - Depends on if we can find them without getting lost, you know how us "OLD" guys are.... :idiot:

PS2 :beercheers:

:laughing::laughing: Pete I think your just getting to "OLD" and your eye sight is obstructed with :rockwoot: and :laughing::grin: . Yeah we put in an extra case of beer and was waiting for you guys for Superbowl....great times, Cold Beers and Shots, sorry you could not find us for sure.

Ron over at Loose Screw had the socket I was looking for, turned out to be a 7/32 not metric......anyway, sorry we didnt get to hook up more, but maybe next time. Good seeing Nick and meeting Vegas Style and Chris and Chad as well. Getting ready to hit the dunes going to the North Pole this morning and then maybe the south pole - Depends on if we can find them without getting lost, you know how us "OLD" guys are.... :headbang1:

PS2 :beerpint:

:beercheers::banghead: Well then where the hell were you parked??? All three of us went out lookin for ya. Even Sunday morning we didn't see a white/ blue WW, Ford truck and any yellow Cam Ams??? :headbang1: Do/did you have a bunch other rigs in your group or is it just you?

btw, we couldn't come over Sunday anyways. We ran out of working bikes. :laughing: I guess Nick could have rode the 70 over there.

last year he was over past the entrance to comp hill, just below the superbowl, coming down into the camping area.

gee thanks cheesedog. You don't think I remember that? I was there with ya ma facka! :beerpint:

Mike stopped by our camp on Saturday and we chatted for a bit. He pointed to the general direction where he was but we still couldn't find him.