Check out this lil guy we saw today

dunefreak

Spotted this little guy out at the Lake Mead Marina today. Although he kept his distance as we slowly approached him, seems as though he wasn't to scared of people. This coyote had quite a full coat on him. We started to wonder if it was just someone's dog but it wasn't- he was a wild coyote. :thumb:

It was barley light enough to get some pics of him but I got a few.

post-3-1235277223_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277244_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277265_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277292_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277309_thumb.jpg

Nice coat. That pelt would fetch around $50 in these parts. This time of year guys wait til they have a freezer full of them just like that and cash in later in the Spring. I've known a few fellow Marines that have gotten around $2K for a winters worth of hides. Not hard to get 6 or 8 on a good weekend if you're patient.

EWWWW! Marines will eat damn near anything, but no Yotes. Maybe Korean Marines...

They just harvest the pelts.

No Kidding Vic. (like Woody). :blink:

Cool pics Pete. He's way mellow.

He doesn't look too excited, You musta only had Bud Light. :thumb::dope:

Hope you guys had fun at the lake. :angry2:

Was it :think: or what?

Ya-aughta catch his arse and bring em out for the Regatta. :thumb:

:angry2:

R-

Sorry! Cloud got out today and wandered away. She got back home tho.

Nice pic's. I can never get good ones of that like her.

Thanks, gotta love a 'yot. I think they are beautiful. I wish I had a coat.

FYI: thats a female and she's pregnant. It seems to be going around. I hope the best for her and her babies.

Edited by desertskyz

Ok I know this is off topic, but this just reminded me of the coyote jackie and I saw rolling into the dunes last weekend about 4 in the morning. Just as we were coming up topside it was running across the road.

Id never seen one out there was kinda cool. Ok sorry for hijacking. lol Pics look great Pete!

Spotted this little guy out at the Lake Mead Marina today. Although he kept his distance as we slowly approached him, seems as though he wasn't to scared of people. This coyote had quite a full coat on him. We started to wonder if it was just someone's dog but it wasn't- he was a wild coyote. :thumb:

It was barley light enough to get some pics of him but I got a few.

post-3-1235277223_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277244_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277265_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277292_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235277309_thumb.jpg

Thats odd that they know they are not threatend there. When I have gone out to get them, they have a tatic to keep people busy looking from the front and one or two will come up to you from behind. They hunt you while you hunt them....

Thats odd that they know they are not threatend there. When I have gone out to get them, they have a tatic to keep people busy looking from the front and one or two will come up to you from behind. They hunt you while you hunt them....

i know huh! We were suprised to see a wild animal so comfortable around people. I guess there are so many people that come and go through that busy marina he is getting used to humans. Kinda sad. :beercheers:

i know huh! We were suprised to see a wild animal so comfortable around people. I guess there are so many people that come and go through that busy marina he is getting used to humans. Kinda sad. :beercheers:

Quite honestly I think we take animals for not being very smart to human ways...

Last year when I was deer hunting I was in a unit that surrounded a leg of private property that people were given the right of way to cross to get to the other side of the unit. Nine days and I finally saw and got a small little forked horn and was feeling lucky with that (Yes it was that bad). On that right of way there was a four point buck that would just hang out there and stare at trucks going back and forth - I have pics of him just looking at me just 30 yards from the boundary.... It’s like he knew

Quite honestly I think we take animals for not being very smart to human ways...

Last year when I was deer hunting I was in a unit that surrounded a leg of private property that people were given the right of way to cross to get to the other side of the unit. Nine days and I finally saw and got a small little forked horn and was feeling lucky with that (Yes it was that bad). On that right of way there was a four point buck that would just hang out there and stare at trucks going back and forth - I have pics of him just looking at me just 30 yards from the boundary.... It’s like he knew

HAHA

Like this boundary of a Bull less then 20 feet away from me....

l_101ceb12bffd45f4ab30b94c3186ffca.jpg

Pete, how close were you? That looks like some pretty close shots or you have a really good lens!