slow azz beee-yotchzzz in the fast lane

Richard Cheese

driving to work today, im in the fast lane with one car ahead of me, with no cars in front of it...2 lanes in one direction....slow lane filled up with trucks.

I catch up to this car in front of me... :mog: hole is goin 50 mph...im not kidding.... i back off about 5-6 truck lengths...and ride it out until a place to pass in the slow lane......black smoke spewing out the side of my truck.....i swing over into the slow lane...and...................................

now that :70: hole wants to speed up.......im @ 80 mph ...pushin 29 psi boost, foot in the floor, and the back of a truck is coming up quickly......and this fugger is right next to me azzhoe :laughoff:

so i slow down, and swing back behind her....yes a lady, and the beeeyotch slows back down to 50 :laughoff::laughoff:

now im pissed...fuggin hi beams and my HID's illuminate the inside of her car like daylight :freakin_nuts: and i just keep them on, so, she finally gets over in the slow lane, but now effe it, im on a mission....so i swing in right behind her, with my highs still on...and she goes back to the fast lane, and i follow suit....she slows down, i slow down...i pretty much mirrored her the entire way until my exit.

b*tch....you deserved it :slap:

there, now i feel all better

driving to work today, im in the fast lane with one car ahead of me, with no cars in front of it...2 lanes in one direction....slow lane filled up with trucks.

I catch up to this car in front of me... :booty: hole is goin 50 mph...im not kidding.... i back off about 5-6 truck lengths...and ride it out until a place to pass in the slow lane......black smoke spewing out the side of my truck.....i swing over into the slow lane...and...................................

now that :booty: hole wants to speed up.......im @ 80 mph ...pushin 29 psi boost, foot in the floor, and the back of a truck is coming up quickly......and this fugger is right next to me azzhoe :think:

so i slow down, and swing back behind her....yes a lady, and the beeeyotch slows back down to 50 :dope::finger:

now im pissed...fuggin hi beams and my HID's illuminate the inside of her car like daylight :dance: and i just keep them on, so, she finally gets over in the slow lane, but now effe it, im on a mission....so i swing in right behind her, with my highs still on...and she goes back to the fast lane, and i follow suit....she slows down, i slow down...i pretty much mirrored her the entire way until my exit.

b*tch....you deserved it :finger:

there, now i feel all better

OMG thats funny chit right there I am a trucker I feel your pain everyday! and I feel your response was well warranted and I would have done excatly the samething!! one more thing that gets my goat is the dumb a$$es that dont know how to get on the freeway! sorry people but I will no longer move to the left lane to let cars on the freeway because if i do everybody comming up from behind just gets over and passes on the right not letting me back over! even if my blinker is on !! IT IS THE LAW that trucks can only use the right lane on a 2 lane freeway except to pass! and there is no law that says i have to get over to let some dumb a$$ going 45 without a clue usaually talking on a cell phone !! on the freeway!

there now I feel better 2

:think: isnt the stock turbo good to 32??? my maximum is 29.....nothing over that......what is 29 psi gonna do to the turbo???

my truck it cuts off at 25psi, i have never hit it but thats what the programer is set for. anything above that can melt down your turbo and the motor. I think there might be a problem if your running 29psi and didnt pass the b*tch. i can roll 3rd gear on number one (mileage) on my edge and it will throw me back in the seat and gain at least 30mph in a few seconds, with like maybe 18psi. :dance:

OMG thats funny chit right there I am a trucker I feel your pain everyday! and I feel your response was well warranted and I would have done excatly the samething!! one more thing that gets my goat is the dumb a$$es that dont know how to get on the freeway! sorry people but I will no longer move to the left lane to let cars on the freeway because if i do everybody comming up from behind just gets over and passes on the right not letting me back over! even if my blinker is on !! IT IS THE LAW that trucks can only use the right lane on a 2 lane freeway except to pass! and there is no law that says i have to get over to let some dumb a$$ going 45 without a clue usaually talking on a cell phone !! on the freeway!

there now I feel better 2

at least that is the law in cali! here in nevada they can travel in any lane. so when trucks hit vegas they all go to the inside to lanes. very frustrating to have rolling road blocks over 3 or 4 lanes. i understand that they dont want to deal with all the merging traffic. but it sure screws up traffic having trucks across all lanes and packed in the fast lane. :dance:

my truck it cuts off at 25psi, i have never hit it but thats what the programer is set for. anything above that can melt down your turbo and the motor. I think there might be a problem if your running 29psi and didnt pass the b*tch. i can roll 3rd gear on number one (mileage) on my edge and it will throw me back in the seat and gain at least 30mph in a few seconds, with like maybe 18psi. :dance:

i forgot to mention, she was driving a bmw 650.

i have the pred set on 2...and believe me...i was stuck in my seat too.... remember, i was rolling at 50 mph...5-6 lengths behind her...swung over, almost got in front of her @ 80 mph when i noticed her car nose in my peripherial vision...she sped up....

sorry man...those 650s push more hp than the dmax, and weigh like a quarter of what my truck weighs

at least that is the law in cali! here in nevada they can travel in any lane. so when trucks hit vegas they all go to the inside to lanes. very frustrating to have rolling road blocks over 3 or 4 lanes. i understand that they dont want to deal with all the merging traffic. but it sure screws up traffic having trucks across all lanes and packed in the fast lane. :dance:

huh I didnt know that about nevada ! its frustrating for us also ! In my opinion on roads that have 3-4 lanes they should have trucks that are going thru in the far left lane and the ones that are getting on and off in the right lane only! it is a touchy suject with me! I get the finger no matter what i do! if I slow down and let cars on the people behide me give me the finger! if I go fast i get the finger! if i dont get over and let cars on the freeway i get the finger!! when I first started driving there was this thing called common courtesy it is sad to say it is a thing of the past! all I can say is if your getting on the freeway and a truck is in that lane comming up and cars are in the lane next to him for gods sake step on the effen throttle and get going! if he has to slow down to let u on it might be another 1-2 miles before he can get back to speed! this is what cause back ups at the on and off ramps! and trust me I know there are alot of effed up truckers on the road 2

i feel sorry for truckers...we have the 58/99 interchange where the 99 south and north dump onto the 58 east....but it dumps in the middle lane (from 99 sb) and right lane ( 99nb)....

these poor truckers that come off the sb lanes are in the middle lane on 58...and cant get over cause all the azzhats then pass them on the rhs

there have been times where i will get in the rhl speed up to the truck...then slow down and block for them so they can get over...some of them have been real nice about it, waving at me as i pass by and mouthing thank you....maybe it could have been EFFE you now that i think about it :dance:

i feel sorry for truckers...we have the 58/99 interchange where the 99 south and north dump onto the 58 east....but it dumps in the middle lane (from 99 sb) and right lane ( 99nb)....

these poor truckers that come off the sb lanes are in the middle lane on 58...and cant get over cause all the azzhats then pass them on the rhs

there have been times where i will get in the rhl speed up to the truck...then slow down and block for them so they can get over...some of them have been real nice about it, waving at me as i pass by and mouthing thank you....maybe it could have been EFFE you now that i think about it :dance:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Karmer adoptes a piece of highway.

I think Cheese has found his piece of highway.

road-rage-042.gif

Edited by desertskyz

:dance: isnt the stock turbo good to 32??? my maximum is 29.....nothing over that......what is 29 psi gonna do to the turbo???

I run 32 psi boost in the cummins motohome, as long as rpm is close to peak torque and watch EGT's, Some of the hard core cummins guys with the 12v P7100 pump (and ARP studs of course) run over 80 PSI when they have the smoke pedal mashed, lol

It's not so much possible turbo damage, it's internal engine damage that is at risk. Too much pressure will crack a piston. This is something GM will not cover under warranty. They know exactly what kind of damage to look for when it comes to aftermarket programmers and will deny the warranty claim in a heartbeat. They even have a huge GM legal team for those that try and fight it.

I wouldn't go anymore than stock. (~23 psi) Not worth it in my opinion.

It's not so much possible turbo damage, it's internal engine damage that is at risk. Too much pressure will crack a piston. This is something GM will not cover under warranty. They know exactly what kind of damage to look for when it comes to aftermarket programmers and will deny the warranty claim in a heartbeat. They even have a huge GM legal team for those that try and fight it.

I wouldn't go anymore than stock. (~23 psi) Not worth it in my opinion.

thanks man...you know i respect your opinion...

imma dial it down a bit

I push mine up to 28 psi when I hit it hard to pass or from a dead stop.

I have heard 32 psi is the max for a stock motor.

not for factory calibration

these pics are embeded in my head everytime I hear about peeps cranking their chit up :dance:

Duramax_motor_for_pete_008.jpg

Duramax_motor_for_pete_001.jpg

my truck it cuts off at 25psi, i have never hit it but thats what the programer is set for. anything above that can melt down your turbo and the motor. I think there might be a problem if your running 29psi and didnt pass the b*tch. i can roll 3rd gear on number one (mileage) on my edge and it will throw me back in the seat and gain at least 30mph in a few seconds, with like maybe 18psi. :thumb:

post-4946-1236745084_thumb.jpg

Maybe these signs don't exsist out here, but back East there are signs on every major road that say:

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT WHEN PASSING

Having only been here for two years now, I could only wish that that rule was followed. The fast lanes anywhere west of New Mexico seem to be anything but.

Sorry to stir the pot, but the left lane is for folks moving faster than the folks in the right lane everywhere I've driven except out here.

Maybe these signs don't exsist out here, but back East there are signs on every major road that say:

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT WHEN PASSING

Having only been here for two years now, I could only wish that that rule was followed. The fast lanes anywhere west of New Mexico seem to be anything but.

Sorry to stir the pot, but the left lane is for folks moving faster than the folks in the right lane everywhere I've driven except out here.

Haha not talkin any smack but those signs would have to be bilingal to do any good out here! EL getto the fuggo outo the wayo !!