April 18-19, 2009 weekend report

dunefreak

We headed out for the day on Saturday to watch the FSA races and do some last bit of duning for the Dumont season. Damn those dunes were killer smooth! :beer_bang:

Weather was warm but awesome. There was some wind during the morning for a bit, but then turned into a nice cool breeze which helped because it was in the upper 80's (almost 90) later in the afternoon. Hanging under the EZUP during the day was very relaxing. :grin:

awwwww yyyeah nice azz sand

IMG_5681.jpg

We got some great rides in.

Here's monkie tearin it up. :rockwoot:

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

some stunt clowns :dayum: that entertained us :clap:

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

some others playin at Banshee Hill

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg

This is all I was able to shoot of raspadoo in his new ride :dope::drunk:

IMG_6041.jpg

Sandcrazd Steve in his rail

IMG_6051.jpg

reeeeeelaxin :thumb:

IMG_6046.jpg

Aaron got assaulted for his chair :beat::laughoff:

IMG_6053.jpg

super smooth dunes on one of the later afternoon rides

IMG_6065.JPG

IMG_6067.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

Banshee Hill

IMG_6069.JPG

camp area. I was suprised how many people were out there!

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6077.JPG

All in all it was kick a$$ day trip to D for us. Great rides, great peeps, and a relaxing time in the sand.

I'll post up some race pics in a separate thread. Aaron (Sand700R) did great and came in first in his class. :laughing:

Awesome Pete. :drunk: Man that sand looks sweeeet! :beer_bang:

You Go Monkie. :duniemonkie::mc:

Glad you had a killer season ender. :laughing: Nice pics yo. :dayum:

Hey was that band gathering out there? or was that a different weekend? :rockwoot:

R-

Awesome Pete. :laughoff: Man that sand looks sweeeet! :beer_bang:

You Go Monkie. :duniemonkie::mc:

Glad you had a killer season ender. :dayum: Nice pics yo. :grin:

Hey was that band gathering out there? or was that a different weekend? :laughing:

R-

Thanks mang. Yeah it was a great day out there. Kinda sad the season is over, but I've done tons of trips this season with some great peeps every trip! :atc: :clown: :rockwoot:

Yeah I think the concert was out there. I saw a big Unchained Studios banner on a trailer near the edge of the plateau above the pay station when we were leaving. We didn't stop because it was getting dark and we were all dead azz tired from the whole day in the sun. :drunk:

Too much fun :rockwoot: I actually felt like I was on a vaca :beer_bang:

It was fun watching all the racers check each other out :drunk:

Aaron flat out shamed this one guy :mc: :clown: Maybe it'll be motivation for him to win next time :dayum:

Rocking out to your IPOD is the only way to ride :yiah:

Nice to meet you Chad and Vic :grin: Mark and Odell, nice to see you too :drunks:

I don't know why Aaron didn't bring a chair...

:dope: Pete was in full force, and badly wanted a sammich :laughing:

The bathroom at the Shell station on Blue Diamond is shockingly clean :laughoff:

Douchbag!!! :flatbiller: You guys should have fixed his helmet for him...

Can't wait for the next early morning day trip :thumb::duniemonkie:

damn monkie...you were tearin AZZ out in the dunes....looks like your leadin next time :beer_bang:

as always pimpshack...great pics...i cannot get over how kickass that camera and lens are...everyone still raves about those pics when i show them

congrats Aaron on winning your class...i see Ba BERRRRRt was there in case you dropped your axle again :rockwoot: j/k

Too much fun :rockwoot: I actually felt like I was on a vaca :beer_bang:

It was fun watching all the racers check each other out :drunk:

Aaron flat out shamed this one guy :mc: :clown: Maybe it'll be motivation for him to win next time :dayum:

Rocking out to your IPOD is the only way to ride :yiah:

Nice to meet you Chad and Vic :grin: Mark and Odell, nice to see you too :drunks:

I don't know why Aaron didn't bring a chair...

:beat: Pete was in full force, and badly wanted a sammich :laughing:

The bathroom at the Shell station on Blue Diamond is shockingly clean :laughoff:

Douchbag!!! :flatbiller: You guys should have fixed his helmet for him...

Can't wait for the next early morning day trip :thumb::duniemonkie:

You have no idea how much you are in for it next time.THIS IS NOT OVER MONKIE!!!! :dope: And I shared my candy with you too!!!

Edited by Sand_700R

You have no idea how much you are in for it next time.THIS IS NOT OVER MONKIE!!!! :thumb: And I shared my candy with you too!!!

mmmm sour patch kids :drunk::laughoff: :beer_bang: :rockwoot:

you: "Those are mine!" :dayum:

me: "yeah....I know." :grin:

:laughing:

mmmm sour patch kids :laughoff::dope::rockwoot::laughing:

you: "Those are mine!" :grin:

me: "yeah....I know." :thumb:

:dayum:

:drunk::beat: My cheeks hurt from laughing all day...That was so funny.Dude you looked like you grabbed a handful and just tore into it. :beer_bang:

:laughing::dayum: My cheeks hurt from laughing all day...That was so funny.Dude you looked like you grabbed a handful and just tore into it. :rockwoot:

hahaaaaa definitey some funny azz chit. Those were badass though! They were all soft n'chit from being in the truck. :beer_bang: :drunk:

Yeah it was a great trip... In fact it was my favorite trip out there so far. Thanks guys!! Could have done without Bert's discussion on "Beef Placenta" though! :dayum::rockwoot:

Hell yeah Chad, glad you made it. You did really well this trip and have gotten faster and faster every trip you've been out. :laughing:

that's right...placenta jerky discussions are never a good thing. :grin::drunk: :beer_bang:

Killer sand this weekend! weather wasn't too hot but the sun was intense. Thanks for the pic (looks like my brother driving), burned 50 gals of fuel with zero issues :beer_bang:

My observations were

Funco = slot car

Tatum = 112mph going from North to South pole :bert: Dunes good as well :rockwoot:

There were some crazy fast quads out there...

Oh ya and to the guy doing donuts through the camp areas for over an HOUR Fri night (f250 / 350 with cab lights). After you dust out our camps from 20 yards away, continuously, at least have the curtosy to stand fast while we are approaching your truck to talk to you...

Fuggin' Pedro, says we're going on a nice 3rd gear run through the dunes. I didn't know he meant launch in third and then hang the effe on for dear life! :rockwoot: According to the GPS we went 9 miles in 23 minutes with a top speed of 61mph. It was killer, but not for the weak or inexperienced. Good job once again Pete. I'm sore from head to toe but I'll get over it and be ready for some more next season. :beer_bang:

Nice to "officially" meet the Monkie. And to "re" meet Kayla. I told you I met you out at the South Pole a couple years ago with Learnem, forgot he goes by Cheese on here...

Congrats to Aaron, and good to meet Chad too.

:rant_on: our whole weekend was ruined Friday night, only 10 minutes into riding. Wanted to get there by 1:30, didn't arrive till 4:30. Set up camp...took almost 2 hours to unload the toy hauler. Girls went out on the Rhino, my friend & I rushed to get the paddles on the quads. Raced to catch up with the girls, didn't take the time to survey the terrain, lots of shadows on the dunes. Coming down one of the larger hills, didn't see a drop off.....I was out ahead, slammed on the brakes when I seen the drop off, came down hard and compressed my spine.....but that's not the bad part. My buddy was behind me, seen me drop off so he pulled up and hit the gas....getting completely airborne.....came down hard, broke the handle bars with his face/helmet, bars went into his goggles, broke his nose, cut his cheek pretty deep, and broke his wrist!!!

Went back to camp, his wife was a nurse in the Navy so she bandaged him up pretty good, but she didn't think his arm was broke cause there was no bone fragments that she could feel and he could move it. He was pretty pissed about what happened and didn't want to ruin our weekend so he took some pain killers, downed some beers, . Woke up Saturday morning and he looked like hell!! His eye was swollen shut and black and blue. His arm was now twice the size and he could barely move it.....so we packed up camp and brought him to UMC in Las Vegas. :beer_bang:

I can't be mad at him, just sucks that we missed 3 days of riding, the races, and spent about $200 on diesel to drive back and forth for nothing....but I guess that's the chance you take

getting completely airborne.....came down hard, broke the handle bars with his face/helmet, bars went into his goggles, broke his nose, cut his cheek pretty deep, and broke his wrist!!!

Damn, Damn, Damn................... :ah:

Those trips happen too quite of few peeps. Dumont is fun but Dangerous. Drop offs everywhere. :slap: Hope your buddy is doing well and he is in one piece.

:whoop::DDRrocks:

Yeah it was a great trip... In fact it was my favorite trip out there so far. Thanks guys!! Could have done without Bert's discussion on "Beef Placenta" though! :barf::laughoff:

Hell yeah Chad, glad you made it. You did really well this trip and have gotten faster and faster every trip you've been out. :thumb:

that's right...placenta jerky discussions are never a good thing. :dope::barf::slap:

:whoop: cool chad...sounds like youre kickin :booty: out in the sand...cant wait to ride with you again....

Fuggin' Pedro, says we're going on a nice 3rd gear run through the dunes. I didn't know he meant launch in third and then hang the effe on for dear life! :whoop: According to the GPS we went 9 miles in 23 minutes with a top speed of 61mph. It was killer, but not for the weak or inexperienced. Good job once again Pete. I'm sore from head to toe but I'll get over it and be ready for some more next season. :DDRrocks:

Nice to "officially" meet the Monkie. And to "re" meet Kayla. I told you I met you out at the South Pole a couple years ago with Learnem, forgot he goes by Cheese on here...

Congrats to Aaron, and good to meet Chad too.

fuggin pedro........pedro lures you out to the dunes all nice and slow, gets you in a precarious position then ... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :whoop: "where'd he go???" "where'd WHO go???" :lol:

:rant_on: our whole weekend was ruined Friday night, only 10 minutes into riding. Wanted to get there by 1:30, didn't arrive till 4:30. Set up camp...took almost 2 hours to unload the toy hauler. Girls went out on the Rhino, my friend & I rushed to get the paddles on the quads. Raced to catch up with the girls, didn't take the time to survey the terrain, lots of shadows on the dunes. Coming down one of the larger hills, didn't see a drop off.....I was out ahead, slammed on the brakes when I seen the drop off, came down hard and compressed my spine.....but that's not the bad part. My buddy was behind me, seen me drop off so he pulled up and hit the gas....getting completely airborne.....came down hard, broke the handle bars with his face/helmet, bars went into his goggles, broke his nose, cut his cheek pretty deep, and broke his wrist!!!

Went back to camp, his wife was a nurse in the Navy so she bandaged him up pretty good, but she didn't think his arm was broke cause there was no bone fragments that she could feel and he could move it. He was pretty pissed about what happened and didn't want to ruin our weekend so he took some pain killers, downed some beers, . Woke up Saturday morning and he looked like hell!! His eye was swollen shut and black and blue. His arm was now twice the size and he could barely move it.....so we packed up camp and brought him to UMC in Las Vegas. :DDRrocks:

I can't be mad at him, just sucks that we missed 3 days of riding, the races, and spent about $200 on diesel to drive back and forth for nothing....but I guess that's the chance you take

damn TY...sorry to hear about your misfortune......hows your back?

Killer sand this weekend! weather wasn't too hot but the sun was intense. Thanks for the pic (looks like my brother driving), burned 50 gals of fuel with zero issues :booty:

Oh so that must have also been your bro driving when I saw your car approach at the north pole when we were out there. :lol: I felt pretty dumb waving all obvious and chit just to be waved back at by everyone in the car and then the car turned around and left. :barf::barf: "That must not have been Eric driving." :lol: I tried texting you because there was no way I was gonna hear you at Banshee hill on my phone but couldn't get a hold of you. Oh well, maybe next time, Eric. :DDRrocks:

Fuggin' Pedro, says we're going on a nice 3rd gear run through the dunes. I didn't know he meant launch in third and then hang the effe on for dear life! :dope: According to the GPS we went 9 miles in 23 minutes with a top speed of 61mph. It was killer, but not for the weak or inexperienced. Good job once again Pete. I'm sore from head to toe but I'll get over it and be ready for some more next season. :whoop:

Oh come on. It wasn't that fast! :dope: Originally it was gonna be a 3rd gear ride, but then it turned into a 5th gear ride slowing down to a 3rd gear ride towards to end beacuse everyone disappeared. lol

We did cover a ton of dunes in a very short period of time! :slap::whoop: I got back to Banshee Hill and realized it hadn't been much time at all that passed but we covered like 90% of the dunes behind Banshee Hill. :thumb: Those dunes were killer! :laughoff:

Went back to camp, his wife was a nurse in the Navy so she bandaged him up pretty good, but she didn't think his arm was broke cause there was no bone fragments that she could feel and he could move it. He was pretty pissed about what happened and didn't want to ruin our weekend so he took some pain killers, downed some beers, . Woke up Saturday morning and he looked like hell!! His eye was swollen shut and black and blue. His arm was now twice the size and he could barely move it.....so we packed up camp and brought him to UMC in Las Vegas. :whoop:

Dayum Ty! Be careful out there. Sucks to hear about your weekend. :( Hope you guys feel better soon.

That dune ride was awesome.I miss going that fast.I looked back and everyone was missing so I just kept tailgating bert trying to make him go faster.I knew if i kept on his a$$ he would go faster :DDRrocks: That ride seemed like about 10 minutes and we covered alot of ground

Thanks guys, yeah my back is fine, a little sore. My buddy is doing ok, got some good meds from the doctor....just waiting to get his cast on. Bad part is that he owns a custom cabinet shop, so now he is going to be unable to work for a few weeks. :DDRrocks:

Edited by Ty660