El Cajon Border Patrol Golf Tournament

bp-guy

Hello DDR-

I wish to ask you all a huge favor.

At the end of August we are once again having our annual golf tournament to raise money for 2 college scholarships in the names of 2 fallen Agents from my station. I contacted Pete and asked him if it was ok if I hit you all up for this so here it goes-----

I would like to have the DDR Community sponsor a hole for this event. The cost of a hole is $150. We will get a 2x3 sign displayed at the hole letting everone know that DDR sponsored this hole. Pete will have the choice of picture on the sign. I will have my sandrail parked at the tee area along with a few other off road toys if things go according to plan. Pete will get the sign mailed to him at the conclusion of the tournament.

All I ask is if anyone that reads this can send me a $1,$2 or what you can afford into the paypal link I have here. (if the paypal link isn't working please wait till I figure out how to link it to my account)

If you have a prize that you want to donate then please get in touch with me and let me know what you have so I can figure out how to get it down here. VEGAS TRIP!!!

We should easily cover the $150 and then some!! I braggged to my buddy at work that we will easily cover that and have quite a bit more to forward the the families for the scholarships. I am checking to see if this is tax deductable incase anyone wants to make a major contribution and needs a receipt.

Last year we had to turn away over 60 golfers that wanted to play but didn't sign up in time or just walked up hoping to play. We have a reputation of putting on a great tournament and strive to make it better and have something new each year.

I am trying to get this started early so I can have the most exposure and time to generate money for the event. I will keep you all updated with the current totals as the time grows closer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you can make a donation, Thank You! :dumbass:

Paypal link--- https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...tton_id=5149375

Appears to be working, I tried but can't send money to myself!

Attached is a little history on the Agents and the golf tournament.

Stephen C. Starch entered on duty in November of 1995. He was a native of Lubbock, Texas where his family still lives. In June of 1997, Agent Starch was tracking a group of suspected illegal immigrants through the mountains of southeast county San Diego where he made the ultimate sacrifice. He was found after falling more than a hundred feet down a steep ravine. He was only twenty-five years old.

Each year a scholarship is awarded in his name to an outstanding student from his former high school in Lubbock. The money we generate from the golf tournament is donated to that fund.

The El Cajon Memorial Golf Tournament was first held in 2001 in order to raise money for a memorial to be erected at the El Cajon Border Patrol Station in his name. Due to the generosity of local businesses and the support of the community, the golf tournament continues to be a success.

Stephen Starch graduated from Lubbock-Cooper High School in 1990 and from Texas Tech University in 1995. Stephen participated in athletics and in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes serving as president his junior and senior years at Lubbock High.

The Starch family and friends have established the Stephen Starch Memorial Scholarship in 1997. The Scholarship is awarded to two Lubbock-Cooper graduating seniors to be used at the college of their choice. Scholarships will be awarded by the family of Stephen Starch in the spring of each year.

The El Cajon Border Patrol in August 30, 2007 held the 7th Annual Memorial Golf Tournament for Stephen Sullivan and Stephan Starch. This event was an overwhelming success and generated 8,000.00 toward both scholarship funds.

And the Donation Letter---

May 1, 2009

Dear DumontDunerRiders.Com,

The Welfare & Recreation Association is looking for local businesses to be part of the El Cajon Station Memorial Golf Classic. This year?s golf tournament will raise money for a scholarship fund in the memory of two of our agents whom died in the line of duty. In 1997 Stephen Starch died when he fell off a cliff while chasing a group of undocumented immigrants, and Stephen Sullivan died in 1999 as his vehicle went off a cliff while transporting a group of undocumented immigrants. The Starch and Sullivan Scholarship will benefit high and/or college students from the San Diego area.

The golf tournament will be held Wednesday August 27, 2009, at the beautiful River Walk Golf Club in San Diego, California. The format for the tournament will be a four-person team, best ball format. A shotgun start is scheduled for 1:00 PM. There will be a banquet, raffle, and awards ceremony immediately following the tournament.

Sponsoring this event can be accomplished three ways: Sponsoring a hole, donating prizes, or sponsoring a contest.

Sponsoring a Hole: Your company name and logo are displayed on the Tee Box of a hole. This will be limited to 18 sponsors and the cost will be $150.00 each hole.

Donating prizes: Your company name mentioned during the banquet ceremonies and raffle. Prizes donated must be valued at a minimum of $25.00 (retail price).

Sponsoring a contest: Your company sponsors a contest on or off the course. This is open to any ideas your company may have. Longest drive contests and Hole-in-one contests are popular choices.

If your company is interested in being a part of this event, please feel free to call us at the phone number listed above. We will be happy to have a Welfare & Recreation officer visit your place of business to discuss the event and to answer any questions you might have.

The Welfare & Recreation Association is a non-profit organization established within the Border Patrol for its members. The Welfare & Recreation Association is not part of the U.S. Border Patrol in an official manner. The U.S. Government provides no funds or operating costs. We are totally independent and are managed solely by the elected officers and members. We provide assistance to our members in times of need and misfortunes. We also provide recreational activities for members and their families, as well as products from participating companies for sale to our members.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Tim Tucciarone

Senior Patrol Agent

Welfare & Rec. Assoc.

(619) 258-4538 Office

Edited by bp-guy

Ok I am in with 20.........when in august you are planing the tournament?, where is the venue? and how much will you guys charge for player or group? oh how many per group? I have a few weekend warriors that like to hit the ball around.

Ok I am in with 20.........when in august you are planing the tournament?, where is the venue? and how much will you guys charge for player or group? oh how many per group? I have a few weekend warriors that like to hit the ball around.

It is on August 27th (Thursday) at the Riverwalk Golf Course here in San Diego. $100 per player. And that includes everything. food, cart, drinks.

And thanks to all that have already put into the fund. I knew you guys would step up.

I will also get info on the scholarships as to who can apply for them.

We already almost have enough to sponsor a hole!!

Thanks for the donations, I am working on a cool prize for the person that makes the biggest contribution. But for this to happen I need the donations to get up there. $150 is the minumun for the hole so lets see how big we can go!

I am trying to get some nice Border Patrol gifts together for the person that makes the highest contribution and maybe a T-shirt or something for second higest.

5 people so far have donated to the cause. If you don't have Paypal and want to send me a check you can do that also. I will post the address here in a bit. I need to get going and head out to the field and catch those darn illegals!!!!

Thanks again...

It is on August 27th (Thursday) at the Riverwalk Golf Course here in San Diego. $100 per player. And that includes everything. food, cart, drinks.

And thanks to all that have already put into the fund. I knew you guys would step up.

I will also get info on the scholarships as to who can apply for them.

ok thanks i will hit my bodies..... i will let you know soon

yea gorge let your bodies know so they could play ok,just to let you know you don't play golf with your feet ok :mex::mex: .... :booty::dope: ...just a j/k but you could still :idiot::driver::grin: ........ :drunks:

Tim i wll try to send you some $ soon....... :dumbass: :thumb:

Well we did it already!!!

total as of right now- $159.72 USD

And this is only with 6 or 7 donations, plus with what I already had in my account.

Not to sound greedy but I would like to see $500. I really think this is doable with people sending in $5. It's not the quantity you do as a single person but the quantity of people I reach with this post. (did that make sence) lol

Anyway THANK YOU so far for making the sponsorship become a reality. Now lets get the amount up there so I can donate those awards to the #1 & #2 donors. I have the green light to give those things away already.

Edited by bp-guy

Jorge- find out as soon as you can. It sells out fast. 4 people at $100 a person. Totally worth it trust me. It's a blast!

yea gorge let your bodies know so they could play ok,just to let you know you don't play golf with your feet ok :laughoff::pics: .... :laughing::laughoff: ...just a j/k but you could still :laughing::laughing::laughoff: ........ :drunks:

Tim i wll try to send you some $ soon....... :beercheers::beercheers:

hey jr i have an extra set of clubs if you want to give it a try :clown:

Woody and Jakster Thanks for the donation!!!

And thanks to all that have made a contribution so far. I will have an update on the new total in a few days.

New total as of today----$261.07 USD :blury:

I will let this topic rest for a while, but a HUGE thanks for all that have donated so far. If you want to donate by check here is the address to send it.

El Cajon Border Patrol Welfare and Recreation Dept. (payable to the-- El Cajon Welfare and Recreation Department)

Attn: Tim Tucciarone

225 Kenney Street

El Cajon, CA 92020

:2cents:

Edited by bp-guy

i guess by bodies aren't in they said is too far 'bunch of p" if you ask me oh well may be next time thanks for the invite

nonononono...its not to far they are afreid not making it back.... :booty::shake::blury::watching: ...... :2cents::rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Just bringing this back up incase you happen to have a few bucks laying around that you can spare.

If we hit $400 I will get some cool Border Patrol Glasses/Mugs to give away to the top donator's along with a shirt or two.