Photo from the cops

RAGDOLL MX

So i let a buddy borrow my honda accord while he sold his jeep, and he is looking for a new truck. so i knew he went to phoenix to go get some stuff, and about a week later i get this little letter in the mail...:coocoo: from dept of public safety, and its a great shot of the back of my car (complete with DDR Sticker in full view) as well as him driving....most likely him on the phone talking to me...:think: 77 in a 65...derrrrr

so he paid the ticket and i just wanted to bust his balls...

i think its funny as hell...my wife was squaking on my phone telling me about the pic of Deven and his ticket...we all had a good laugh...so with out further delay...

here is his pic.

post-693-1242340010_thumb.jpg

wait a minute they can take pictures of the car and driver while you are speeding? was he on the freeway or surface street? that sucks man

BOTH...high speed cameras, they get ya coming and going at the same time...2 cameras! :coocoo::lol:

:think:

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

They can get a crystal clear picture of you in the car at speed in excess of 120MPH. Just remember he pays the ticket but it goes on your record :coocoo:

Actually they can do it up to 190. CRazy I tell you

No matter the vehicle, the length, whatever they can get your face and the plate no matter what lane your in and the cameras are all on the right shoulder of the road.

It was reported that phoenix brought in in excess of 20 million from these cameras already.

They have portable ones on top of Ford Escapes that they put out for the day or for the evening. I do not know how they set them up so accurately. LOL

Hmmmm, need a small 2"x6" piece of sheet metal that flips down over 1 of the characters on your plate with a different number/letter that is actuated by cable or remote somehow :think: or a complete fake plate of your boss's, ex's, azzhat neighbor's license plate number :coocoo:

Edited by RUn2it

back in portland when they first started photo radar 12 years ago. if the registered owner wasn't the driver. all you had to do was show up and show them that you weren't the one pictured. it would be dropped. they would pressure you to tell them who was driving but the law didn't force you to do so. sure the law has been changed by now.

you can purchase a spray to place on your licence plate ands it will be distorted so you can not tell the numbers... :coocoo:

myth busters tried all kinds of sprays and films and i dont think any of them worked

i remember seeing on the news a couple three months ago a story about one of those guys that was driving the car with portable radar was beaten to death....it seems someone didn't take kindly to being ticketed.....maybe there is a god after all.

myth busters tried all kinds of sprays and films and i dont think any of them worked

I saw myth busters test radar defeating stuff but not photo defeating spray, which I never heard of unless you use Krylon black paint :coocoo: Photo proof would be best, for speeding and red lights. Wonder how their camera would fair if it was hit with a laser when the shutter opened, fry the sensor maybe.

I saw myth busters test radar defeating stuff but not photo defeating spray, which I never heard of unless you use Krylon black paint :thumb: Photo proof would be best, for speeding and red lights. Wonder how their camera would fair if it was hit with a laser when the shutter opened, fry the sensor maybe.

the one I saw they used a few different kinds of the clear plastic covers, and a few different kinds of spray clear crap and none of what they tried worked.

i do know those high speed cameras work pretty damn good though. LOL

I had heard a story of some kids "borrowing" the license plate off of someone's else's car with the sole purpose of running through the speed cameras. They then return the plate to its owner's car, and the owner doesn't know until they get the ticket in the mail. :B

IMPORTANT INFORMATION if you live out of the state that the photo citation is taken..

when they send you those tickets in the mail, they have a phone number or website address that you either call or go online. when you do this, it's a confirmation that you received the citation and you are now legally binded to honoring it.

if you don't acknowledge receiving it, you're not binded to it. THROW THEM AWAY AND BE DONE WITH IT!

unless it's personally delivered to you and you've signed for it or you log online and enter the confirmation number or call the provided phone number and offer the confirmation number you CANNOT be obligated to pay it. there's no acknowledgement of receipt of the citation therefore there can be no penalty against you. and NO, THEY CANNOT ISSUE A WARRANT UNLESS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION if you live out of the state that the photo citation is taken..

when they send you those tickets in the mail, they have a phone number or website address that you either call or go online. when you do this, it's a confirmation that you received the citation and you are now legally binded to honoring it.

if you don't acknowledge receiving it, you're not binded to it. THROW THEM AWAY AND BE DONE WITH IT!

unless it's personally delivered to you and you've signed for it or you log online and enter the confirmation number or call the provided phone number and offer the confirmation number you CANNOT be obligated to pay it. there's no acknowledgement of receipt of the citation therefore there can be no penalty against you. and NO, THEY CANNOT ISSUE A WARRANT UNLESS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT!

Joesph you know to much about the system :P:thumb:

btw we gotta go riding!

rodney: sure thing brother.. i moved, don't have the raptor or rhino anymore but still have the 450's and the shee. i'm probably gonna do the night run in june.

but if you are ever caught again in that state violating any traffic law or criminal law, it will come up.

a court date isn't issued until confirmation of receipt. a violation isn't official unless you acknowledge the violation (ie: signing for a ticket, arrest etc.) and are issued a court date.

if you've received a citation in the mail, disregarded it, and inquisitioned by an officer about the violation you state you never received a citation. there will be no warrant because there never was a court date issued and acknowledged by you for you to attend because there was no court date to ever issue a warrant. it is possible for the law enforcement agency to still issue to you an official citation for the violation if the statute of limitations hasn't been exceeded.

i initially heard about this from another member on this forum and looked further into it myself. i received one before memorial day last year and never responded to it. another forum member received one in october or november? last year, and never responded. he travels through arizona often.