a diesel story

Ive had my dmax since 2005. its a 2003

Ive never really been happy with the mileage. BUT..it weighs a nad sack short of 8k, and is definitely not built for the best mpgs. Plus, i bought it to basically tow my trailer, and be my daily driver (made that decision when diesel was lower than gas, much like it is now) : :lol:

anyway. I had my injectors replaced and 90 something thousand miles at the end of last summer, and my highway mileage dropped from the best of 17 to 15 :think::idea::hello:

Again, i didnt sweat it because its a freekin tank, plus diesel came down a bit, so :booty:

Well, since the beginning of the year, ive noticed that my mileage has slowly been creeping up. I now have 103 K on my truck now.

today I was speechless at the fuggin gas station. I fill up, get the gallons in (and i work the pump over too, getting in as much as possible) , get the miles, divide the miles by the gallons in

HOLY :hug: :poop:

21. 8 MPG I got out of the last tank :dunno:

I was wondering if anyone else out there has a feelgood diesel story like this one? I can tell you that my truck is definitely running better now with more miles on it. I am very happy with my :dumbass:

Diesels always take a good 100K to break in. ;) My mileage still kinda sucks so no feelgood story here. :( I think I still only get about 13-15 mpg when not towing. I only have about 58K on my Damx though so far.

Eff yo 21.8! :dumbass:

Diesels always take a good 100K to break in. ;) My mileage still kinda sucks so no feelgood story here. :( I think I still only get about 13-15 mpg when not towing. I only have about 58K on my Damx though so far.

Eff yo 21.8! :dumbass:

Damn i member when your truck had 15k on it :P thats alot of dune trips lol

Ive had my dmax since 2005. its a 2003

anyway. I had my injectors replaced and 90 something thousand miles at the end of last summer, and my highway mileage dropped from the best of 17 to 15 :dumbass: :dunno::think:

Well, since the beginning of the year, ive noticed that my mileage has slowly been creeping up. I now have 103 K on my truck now.

So new injectors your mileage dropped, and after some mileage improved? You'ld think new clean injectors would help, at least not worsen your mileage. Maybe carboned up restricts fuel flow :idea: My Moho get's 10.5 +- towing but I can be a lead foot.

Damn i member when your truck had 15k on it :P thats alot of dune trips lol

yep, and I remember when it had like 5 miles on it. :dunno:

Actually the miles are still fairly low on it despite the numerous dune trips, trips to SLC, Cali, Utah, etc etc. lol Truck is now 4 years old as of last month so that's less than 15K a year. Having the Z71 keeps them miles down. :dumbass:

OK, cheese. You can have yo thread back now. :idea::think:

My truck is at 81k and the display says 18.2 mpg. I have bigger tires on it now so I am sure its off a bit. Maybe next tank I will hand calculate it. Either way I don't care too much, I have too much fun putting the pedal into the engine compartment.

Cheese- Have you done any mods to it yet?

My truck is at 81k and the display says 18.2 mpg. I have bigger tires on it now so I am sure its off a bit. Maybe next tank I will hand calculate it. Either way I don't care too much, I have too much fun putting the pedal into the engine compartment.

Cheese- Have you done any mods to it yet?

That's what my display tells me too when I reset it and drive on the freeway. :dumbass: Gotta hand calculate it. (or use your phone lol)

07 5.9 dually with 4.10's, just over 23k on the clock. 60% highway, 40% town going to work and back (13 miles to work one way). Just filled up today, hand calculated 16.9 mpg! Overhead showed 18.1 when I got to the pump. Highway best of 18.9 hand calculated @ 70 from here to Vegas. Not bad for a not broke in yet dually pig!!!

OK, cheese. You can have yo thread back now. :laughoff::laughoff:

Its YOUR fuggin website! :lol: you just allow me to exist here :whistle:

RANDOG

I have a tuner, which also compensates for the bigger tires, and gets the ECU at least close to what my speed really is ( ive been using GPS, and the ECU is off by as much as 3-5 mph, depending on where the needle is)

I also have an intake and an exhaust, that were on the truck when i bought it

315/70/17's as the tires (close to 35 in tires)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally did the hand calculation thing. Effen 15.8 mpg and my display still says 18.3.

Oh well its fun to drive.

Just curious, when the display says 18.3 does it mean at the speed, throttle and terrain at that moment is giving you 18.3, or is it a running average?