Stocking up On AMMO!

Dune Dad

I cant believe how hard it is today to find Ammo!! Every time I go to BAss Pro Shop, Turners Guns or any other place for that matter they are out of .9mm, .45 .40 .223 and everything else... WTF!!

Any other 2nd Amendment right citizens out there having a hard time finding rounds???

We would go shooting once every other month... Now Im just stocking up for when the "Obama Cult" makes every gun and round illegal to own.... or taxes them sky high... :booty:

Anybody else feel the same way???

Edited by Dune Family

I was in parker az a few weeks ago and they had just opened up a new walmart. I walked in and was surprised at all the ammo they had in stock. I bought several boxes of .40.45 and 9mm

where u been? ammo has been scarce for over a year now. I finally after many calls and going here and ther am now stocked with 3k rounds of 9mm, .380 and 38 special. you have to continue to call and go. some gun shops have them, but at a higher price. on line has some now also, u just have to wait for the backorder to be filled. :guns:

Best solution to your (OUR) problem is to visit the Dillon Precision website and pick yourself up a Square Deal B. The ammo you have on hand will only be limited by your imagination at that point. The press, powder, casings, and lead will set you back a little up front but will more than pay for itself in a couple of short months.

And it provides for some good bonding time with the kids and/or the wife, loading and practicing...

Best solution to your (OUR) problem is to visit the Dillon Precision website and pick yourself up a Square Deal B. The ammo you have on hand will only be limited by your imagination at that point. The press, powder, casings, and lead will set you back a little up front but will more than pay for itself in a couple of short months.

And it provides for some good bonding time with the kids and/or the wife, loading and practicing...

:dunno: That's funny Vic. I can imagine how that conversation go's. "Come on kids lets watch Archie Bunker, put a dip in and pack some ammo!!!!!

Edited by wingnut

:dunno: That's funny Vic. I can imagine how that conversation go's. "Come on kids lets watch Archie Bunker, put a dip in and pack some ammo!!!!!

archie bunker lol, pretty much what my dad did with me lmao he converted two back to back closets into a secret reloading room.

Hell yeah! Archie for President. :beatdeadhorse: But no dip, I raised the chilli's a little better than that. We all uppity Rednecks and shiatt! :hatdance:

I was just at Bass Pro today and they had plently of ammo. Best thing ive done is bought my self a reloader, it averages out to about 12 cents a round last time I did the math, plus you get to choose your own powder which reduces your gun cleaning intervals. Have you tried buying over the internet ? Im pretty sure you will find ammo. If you end up buying a re loader, make sure you get one that you can load both gun and rifle cartridges and buy the extra dye set for the different calibers you plan to reload. Works for me.

where u been? ammo has been scarce for over a year now. I finally after many calls and going here and ther am now stocked with 3k rounds of 9mm, .380 and 38 special. you have to continue to call and go. some gun shops have them, but at a higher price. on line has some now also, u just have to wait for the backorder to be filled. :guns:

LOL!! I know its been hard to find for a while... Just now bitching about it... :beatdeadhorse::dunno:

I am just havin a hard time finding ... 50cal BMG, .9mm, .45 and .223... like to keep the stock up and not keep pinchin whats left...

As for reloading.. I dont have that kind of time. I keep all the brass and trade up with some friends on the department that reload.

Im just always looking for any deals on bulk ammo...

:beatdeadhorse:

Edited by Dune Family

LOL!! I know its been hard to find for a while... Just now bitching about it... :beatdeadhorse::dunno:

I am just havin a hard time finding ... 50cal BMG, .9mm, .45 and .223... like to keep the stock up and not keep pinchin whats left...

As for reloading.. I dont have that kind of time. I keep all the brass and trade up with some friends on the department that reload.

Im just always looking for any deals on bulk ammo...

BMG ammo in Cali.. LoL good luck, its here, but a challenge finding it. I have trouble finding 7.62 for my FNH pistol or MAK. I always see .223 remington brand at Walmart. Reloading does not take that long, once you get a "rhytim" going, its almost methodical and before you know it, your tray is full and ready to go, the biggest part is setting up the machine to spec when seating the shell to the actual bullet, thats it, once youve done that, as long as you are reloading the same ammo, its pretty easy.

BMG ammo in Cali.. LoL good luck, its here, but a challenge finding it. I have trouble finding 7.62 for my FNH pistol or MAK. I always see .223 remington brand at Walmart. Reloading does not take that long, once you get a "rhytim" going, its almost methodical and before you know it, your tray is full and ready to go, the biggest part is setting up the machine to spec when seating the shell to the actual bullet, thats it, once youve done that, as long as you are reloading the same ammo, its pretty easy.

Yep.. Iv been thinking about setting up something one day... Sounds easy and the few times Iv reloaded it was kind of fun... I just dont have a set up right now..

Ill P.M. you later when I set something up.. Thanks!! :dunno:

I tend to shoot about 1k rounds per month of 9mm and a few hundred of .223. The answer to the ammo shortage is, stop hording the ammo. If it wasn't for all the "Chicken Little's" of the world, the skies falling, :dunno::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse: there might be some ammo for your bang sticks. If the sh*t ever hits the fan, you don't need a bunch of ammo, you just need to find the first person that horded it all.

On a side note, Wal-Mart at Serene and Eastern, Sunday's around 1900 usually gets a shipment in and they do the right thing, they limit it to 6 boxes per caliber per customer.

Happy hunting.

I know Im just :stir: but what is the big deal about shooting a gun and who are you thinking of when you pull the trigger?? I have only been shooting once in my life . and i didnt get big of a thrill from it. But then again most men dont get thrills out of pedicures either lol

I know Im just :stir: but what is the big deal about shooting a gun and who are you thinking of when you pull the trigger?? I have only been shooting once in my life . and i didnt get big of a thrill from it. But then again most men dont get thrills out of pedicures either lol

You're not stirring the pot at all. It's a very legitimate question. Some of us carry a firearm or multiple firearms in our job duties so shooting regularly could very well save our lives or the lives of others. Practice doesn't make perfect but it does make permanent and with every skill, it diminishes quickly. Some people shoot guns just for the heck of it because they have been shooting since they were kids and it's just part of their life, a hobby if you will. Then there are law abiding citizen's that make the choice to have a Concealed Firearms Permit and just like my first example, they practice to keep sharp. Some people are competition shooters with factory sponsorship and they do it for money, but some are LEO, MIL or other type of profession that requires they carry a gun, once again practice makes permanent and it's fun doing it. Me personally, I can't say that I think of "anyone" when I'm shooting, I just see a mass and aim at the center of it. And trust me, I enjoy and good pedicure once in a while :dunno:

Then there are the mall ninjas, oh yes they are among you. These are the special peeps, very hard to describe, but this would sum up a mall ninja redneck_swiss_army_gun.jpg

I shoot for sport, hobby and practice. No real thrill, just mastering a technique that can come in handy when protecting my life or the life of my family. Im a responsible fire arms owner who takes pride in my weapons and hope one day to be able to teach my girls the responsiblity of fire arms, how to use them, and how to protect them selves.

In regards to the post above, im a ninja sometimes, but not a mall ninja. :beatdeadhorse::P:dunno:

Charity, maybe you just didnt go shooting with the right people ? I've never had any one say they didnt have fun when shooting. Its a fun thing to do with multiple people when competing amongst each other.

Edited by SandBurro

Why would you think that someone would be thinking about a person when they fire a gun? I don't understand that at all :dunno: .

I own 2 guns and have experience shooting many types of firearms. My personal reason for having guns (and other weapons) is to be able to protect myself and others. I have spent many hours training to be able to use my weapons in various situations effectively and safely, not for thrills or entertainment. Have you ever been a victim of a crime? I've spent a few years working directly with people who have been victimized, it changes a person. I want to be capable of preventing myself from being a victim. There is a lot that goes into being a responsible gun owner, just to start you have to be familiar with the weapon for safety and you have to understand the situations where you can legally use a firearm and you have to be willing to do it or it could be used against you. Firearms are not for everyone, but its good that you are actually asking for peoples reasons instead of just bashing gun owners because you don't like or understand it.

How did I become a gun owner, well I had to for my work since I use to work on the police department. But as a child I shot archery and air rifles, so I guess I was predisposed to the experience of guns and weapons.

:guns:

Hey DD.. Your not stirring the pot... Thats a good question.. what ash and the last couple responses are correct.. It is a hobby but some of us have to keep sharp due to our jobs..

I want to be as sharp as posssable when Im on duty....

I'm not thinking of anything but hitting what I'm shooting at. That's one reason I do it, it's a great way to get your mind off other things. Should your life depend on it...you better not be thinking but reacting. That's where lot's of practice comes in. There is plenty of time enough for thinking before and after the shooting is done.

Eli

Hey DD.. Your not stirring the pot... Thats a good question.. what ash and the last couple responses are correct.. It is a hobby but some of us have to keep sharp due to our jobs..

I want to be as sharp as posssable when Im on duty....

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2