Anyone go to the Sand Sports Super Show?

Free Agent

We spent 4 hours there yesterday.

We had a list of things we wanted to get, but no vendor had what we wanted.

Some dashboard items for the Rzr s, and some performance stuff for the mini Rzr and Yamai 90.

We checked out toy boxes, but they seem great for motorcycle riding families.

Fitting all our rolling stock even in the biggest will never happen. So we'll stay with the utility trailer/travel RV like most other families that quad and SxS'd we know still do.

The RV's from Richardsons were appalling junk. Shocking really.

16 oz draft Beers were $10, a good sandwich would run ya about $7.

We were glad to see a lot of off road and sand gizmo suppliers were still in business.

One couple and their family was distributing literature claiming that Joe Fab doesn't stand behind his products at Sand Limo. They had stories for anyone that would listen.

Other than that no drama.

I think what is missing from the SSSS is the same that is missing with the boat show, the Auto shows ect,, and that's good entertainment and industry demos.

Cover bands always work, as well as some cool seminars,, and ya just don't see that kinda thing anymore.

It was really good in the 70's to take in all they cool demos and entertainment.

Always seemed popular.

Even Dunefreak with a can of starting fluid, and flat tire off the bead, and a match would have been better than nothing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Free Agent

We didn't spend too much time there. It was definitley smaller than past years, but still a decent size show for how many businesses have gone under.

We bought some gear, a real nice gear bags with wheels, season pass from the Barstow BLM, and a few $10 beers. We were over the show pretty quickly. I've been to enough of them now where nothing really catches my eye. It was more fun meeting up with friends and acting like jackasses walking around with our $10 beers crackin jokes. :usa:

I was able to finally meet Larry Blaine at the BLM booth. What a great guy. :worthless_without_pics: It was really cool to see our pictures being used as the BLM's backdrop display too. :beercheers: There was a great pic that Anna took of me with the sunset behind me, then a group ride photo, then a pic I took of sanddunesaddict in Black Beauty a while back going off a razor. I'll post pics later.

We had a blast down there at the beaches, going out, and hanging out at Randog's on our way home. :worthless_without_pics: :ban-split:

We didn't spend too much time there. It was definitley smaller than past years, but still a decent size show for how many businesses have gone under.

We bought some gear, a real nice gear bags with wheels, season pass from the Barstow BLM, and a few $10 beers. We were over the show pretty quickly. I've been to enough of them now where nothing really catches my eye. It was more fun meeting up with friends and acting like jackasses walking around with our $10 beers crackin jokes. :usa:

I was able to finally meet Larry Blaine at the BLM booth. What a great guy. :worthless_without_pics: It was really cool to see our pictures being used as the BLM's backdrop display too. :beercheers: There was a great pic that Anna took of me with the sunset behind me, then a group ride photo, then a pic I took of sanddunesaddict in Black Beauty a while back going off a razor. I'll post pics later.

We had a blast down there at the beaches, going out, and hanging out at Randog's on our way home. :worthless_without_pics: :ban-split:

I walked past their booth and thought to myself I'll just get a pass later.

I never even looked at the backdrop :worthless_without_pics:

"We spent 4 hours there yesterday.

We had a list of things we wanted to get, but no vendor had what we wanted."

sounds familiar!!!

Rediculous prices on food and beer!!!

Looked for deals, didn't find many. Should have bought the new Rhino Tires from Fullerton, nice guy, great price but to get a great wheel and tire would have not been able to get into the back of the truck! Too wide of a foot print to fit!!!! Damnit!!!! Sure did want them!!!

Weekend great, spent with MDTHLFA and Better Half!! Met up with our other camp mates by chance too!

Culd have been much cooler for me. Had hoped for a typical coastal day weather wise!

Guess they just don't build Old Style Rails anymore. Oh Well, time passes!! Still like the simple, light and cheap to operate rails! Could that be because I can't afford a "Big Rail" and huge Hauler! :dunno::old::cry:

All in all a great weekend!! :worthless_without_pics:

Guess they just don't build Old Style Rails anymore. Oh Well, time passes!! Still like the simple, light and cheap to operate rails! Could that be because I can't afford a "Big Rail" and huge Hauler! :cry::woo_hoo::woo_hoo:

All in all a great weekend!! :worthless_without_pics:

They're still around. It's just that now they're called Hayabusas instead of VW's! :dunno::old:

No brews for me, walked in with a 1.5 litter water bottle and walked the show.

I would like to see more bike & atv builders, shops and vendors out there.

Chassi, exhaust builders.. Skat trak is huge, they should be there!

We have just about everything in Cali, we need more to show up!

Here's some of my pics from the show. Hope u like!

http://www.dunercentral.com/forums/events/...w-2009-a-2.html

We went Friday night to drink and Saturday morning to shop for a few hours. We were able to contribute some money to the economy. Food and beers were great. I felt the vendors took the time to answer questions and seemed willing to make a good deal on RZR stuff.

Skat Trak was there.. and there werent any "SHOW" specials from them either. they still wanted 107 bucks + shipping + a carcas in order to make me a tire!! only thing they had there were the intimidators and i hate those paddles.

Any info on the truck in the "the last truck" pic?

I've been looking for a light bar that attaches to the A piller like that...

Link to Picture

I felt the vendors took the time to answer questions and seemed willing to make a good deal on RZR stuff.

I agree.. Knowing damn well I wasn't going to buy a thing the tech at Trinity Racing still chopped up a good convo with me as we discussed their Banshee products, performance etc.. Anyone go by the Offroad Mag booth? This dude has nothing but mint restored classic 2 stroke bikes. Spent a good 20 min talking bout his Banshee flat track hybrid. Kelley Racing had plenty to say about their cr500 projects, custom swingarms etc..

Skat Trak was there..

I walked the entire show on Sunday & didn't see them, where abouts were they?

Would of imagined them showing up in a huge truck and handing out awesome deals...

yeah, skat trak was there. they were too busy eating to talk to us so oh well.

the show was cool, except that i didnt win the sand limo. the best deal on food is from baja blues, you get a large portion and free drink refills for $10

xtreme engineering had some good deals, i got a billet exhaust tip for my teryx for $12.