Carfax?

Raptor0206

if so can you run this vin for me that would be awesome!!!! 2003 Chevy Silverado: 1GCEK14V032155966 :worthless_without_pics:

Don't want to be a nay sayer but Car Fax only reports accidents, flood damage or other problems that have been reported! In other words, if someone totaled a vehicle and never reported it and just fixed it up it won't be on record with Car Fax. If an insurance claim never was submitted it wouldn't be in Car Fax I just saw a program on that fact a month or so again!..

So don't just trust Car Fax, do your due diligence on the vehicle to be sure!!! Have a mechanic and or a body shop check it out for previous damage!!! If the seller is ligit, he won't mind if you do that!!!

Good Luck! :old::dunno:

Edited by SANDAWG

Just tried running an AutoCheck (same info as carfax), and the VIN is coming up as invalid. The only number on your vin that might be off that I can see at a glance is the 2 after the year indicator (seventh digit from end). Maybe a Z? :dunno: Blue Book is pulling up fine with that vin. Double check it and I'll try running it for you again. :worthless_without_pics:

Edited by rushjunkie

Don't want to be a nay sayer but Car Fax only reports accidents, flood damage or other problems that have been reported! In other words, if someone totaled a vehicle and never reported it and just fixed it up it won't be on record with Car Fax. If an insurance claim never was submitted it wouldn't be in Car Fax I just saw a program on that fact a month or so again!..

So don't just trust Car Fax, do your due diligence on the vehicle to be sure!!! Have a mechanic and or a body shop check it out for previous damage!!! If the seller is ligit, he won't mind if you do that!!!

Good Luck! :old: :worthless_without_pics:

VERY true. Most cases though, most people won't have, or don't want to spend the money out of pocket to repair REALLY heavy damage. Most will go with insurance. Remember, even if the damage was paid for out of pocket, if a police report was done, it will show up. Unless of course, they decided to dunk the truck in a lake one night, and let that bad boy air dry... :dunno:

i know a couple car dealerships in bako that buy wrecked vehicles, fix em up cheap, then sell them for good money...SOME even GM certified :worthless_without_pics:

pm me if you want the low down on how it goes down

your best bet, imo, is to get on dieseltowingresource.com or dieselplace.com and ask for a vin check there....many people who work at dealerships are on there and do them all the time

Edited by richard cheese

i know a couple car dealerships in bako that buy wrecked vehicles, fix em up cheap, then sell them for good money...SOME even GM certified :dunno:

pm me if you want the low down on how it goes down

your best bet, imo, is to get on dieseltowingresource.com or dieselplace.com and ask for a vin check there....many people who work at dealerships are on there and do them all the time

Where you think the peeps on this site work including rushjunkie? :worthless_without_pics:

Other than CARFAX, dealers can't get much more info other than a GM warranty claim history or histpry at that dealer.

Where you think the peeps on this site work including rushjunkie? :worthless_without_pics:

Other than CARFAX, dealers can't get much more info other than a GM warranty claim history or histpry at that dealer.

i know a bunch of guys here work at dealerships...but the sites i listed have specific threads where you can give your vin, and a big fat PLEASE, and it usually shows up pretty fast

i think the vin check gives you a good idea, mechanically, with the drive train, what youre getting into as well

Just tried running an AutoCheck (same info as carfax), and the VIN is coming up as invalid. The only number on your vin that might be off that I can see at a glance is the 2 after the year indicator (seventh digit from end). Maybe a Z? :dunno: Blue Book is pulling up fine with that vin. Double check it and I'll try running it for you again. :pics:

sorry about that you are right the 2 needs to be a Z so here it is rivised.....

1GCEK14V03Z155966

I looked it up under this https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/nicb/hs.xsl/vincheck.html website that i seen on tv and it comes back clean.....im on my way to pick it up either way its $4500 and it books out max private party at 10k....lets wait for someone to hit me again and i will really be ahead of the game :pics::lol:

1GCEK14V03Z155966

I looked it up under this https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/nicb/hs.xsl/vincheck.html website that i seen on tv and it comes back clean.....im on my way to pick it up either way its $4500 and it books out max private party at 10k....lets wait for someone to hit me again and i will really be ahead of the game :pics::dunno:

Yeah right! You get any more claims your ins. company will drop you like a chick with herpes! :pics:

i know a bunch of guys here work at dealerships...but the sites i listed have specific threads where you can give your vin, and a big fat PLEASE, and it usually shows up pretty fast

i think the vin check gives you a good idea, mechanically, with the drive train, what youre getting into as well

Thay helped me, I posted it on Dieselplace.com and they had a report of the work they did, dude had the injectors replaced 6 minths before he sold it and had a few thngs replaced from the factory...

Thay helped me, I posted it on Dieselplace.com and they had a report of the work they did, dude had the injectors replaced 6 minths before he sold it and had a few thngs replaced from the factory...

1GCEK14V03Z155966

I looked it up under this https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/nicb/hs.xsl/vincheck.html website that i seen on tv and it comes back clean.....im on my way to pick it up either way its $4500 and it books out max private party at 10k....lets wait for someone to hit me again and i will really be ahead of the game :pics::dunno:

Ok, I'll try running it again when I get back to work on Friday. You're right though, sounds like you're getting a good deal on the truck. :pics:

well i didnt end up getting it, it was a POS...both rockers were dented in, driver side bed was all messed up with 3 nice big dents, inner fender was missing on pass side, front bumper was bent down, ac clutch was going out, stereo was messed up and just a few other things....he can keep it :(

well i didnt end up getting it, it was a POS...both rockers were dented in, driver side bed was all messed up with 3 nice big dents, inner fender was missing on pass side, front bumper was bent down, ac clutch was going out, stereo was messed up and just a few other things....he can keep it :(

make sure to ask for updated pics before you run around town wasting gas, if someone is really trying to sell a decent truck they should have the ability to send pics ASAP!!!jmo

Good luck on the buy

Edited by 1BADYFZ

make sure to ask for updated pics before you run around town wasting gas, if someone is really trying to sell a decent truck they should have the ability to send pics ASAP!!!jmo

Good luck on the buy

"If it sounds......... too good to be true.....It usuallly is"!

Edited by SANDAWG

I looked up the GM warranty claim history on it today and there wasn't one single claim made. :pics: It was delivered out of a dealer in AZ (Midway Chevrolet).

Sucks it was a pos. There's plenty of trucks out there though. Keep lookin. I can keep an eye out at work if you want. Sometimes we get some very nice trade in's.

I looked up the GM warranty claim history on it today and there wasn't one single claim made. :pics: It was delivered out of a dealer in AZ (Midway Chevrolet).

Sucks it was a pos. There's plenty of trucks out there though. Keep lookin. I can keep an eye out at work if you want. Sometimes we get some very nice trade in's.

Pete have you thought about moving up to the front of the store??????

Your a natural! :pics:

Your a natural! :pics:

lol!

right now i think im gonna get a cheep a$$ cavalier, and pay off all my bills. This move down here really hurt my bank account and credit cards. Then i can save up for a Corvette in may when i turn 25 or maybe something else by then lol. :pics:

I cant believe that people that have salvage cars that try to sell them for blue book value. some people! :dunno:

Your a natural! :lol:

That wasn't a sales pitch. :slap: I was serious. I have bought a few really nice rides from work and they were all trade in's. I catch them before they go through recon and jack the price up even more.

Move up to the front of the store. :laughing: sh*t, that would be a step DOWN. :barf::laughing:

Hey I was just trying to help. :D Rodney, I can keep an eye out for clean Cavaliers too. :laughing:

That wasn't a sales pitch. :laughing: I was serious. I have bought a few really nice rides from work and they were all trade in's. I catch them before they go through recon and jack the price up even more.

Move up to the front of the store. :lol: sh*t, that would be a step DOWN.

Hey I was just trying to help. :D Rodney, I can keep an eye out for clean Cavaliers too. lol

:laughing::laughing:

:stir:

Lookin fer a "bird dog" or a job "Curb Stonin"

Wow 4 posts..........

I were J.K. Pete!!!!!!!!

:barf:

:slap:

:laughing::lol:

:stir:

Lookin fer a "bird dog" or a job "Curb Stonin"

Wow 4 posts..........

I were J.K. Pete!!!!!!!!

:barf:

:slap:

There was a server glitch this morning. That's why it posted 4 times. :laughing:

And no, not lookin for any bird dog. Hell, they are too cheap these days to even honor those anymore. I was just trying to help the guy out but I guess it's not needed. Good luck. :laughing: