Got my self a neat new project!

sandawg

I found what I think is a super deal on a low mileage Turbo Subaru Engine. Even though it's only a 2.0 and not the 2.5 it still puts out 227 HP stock as it is the Impreza WRX set up. It's out of a total and is complete with harness radiator and fans etc. Only 35K miles too. I'll put it this way. I paid way under 1K for the total set up. Am told that is a good deal! checked on line and all engines like this one that I found were at or above 3K.

I will put it on the engine stand and just take my time to evaluate everything and try and have it mounted and ready to run by next Opening Weekend.

I've had it with the normally aspirated VW as I am use to turbo cars and want the additional HP. If I'm lucky the 2180 is about 100 HP. Not enough extrs weight to hurt the total HP on a car that only weighs 850 pounds according to Prowler.

I miss the 250 HP I had in the 2.3 Ford Turbo but that car was heavier.

I am happy and now have a project to take me through the winter!! If I can hold off that long. Depends on upcoming trips with the VW!

I was told that they have to rev to make HP but what the hell does a VW have to do to get anything respectable.

Bottom line, I'm happy about my find!!! :barf: :ogp: :clap:

I found what I think is a super deal on a low mileage Turbo Subaru Engine. Even though it's only a 2.0 and not the 2.5 it still puts out 227 HP stock as it is the Impreza WRX set up. It's out of a total and is complete with harness radiator and fans etc. Only 35K miles too. I'll put it this way. I paid way under 1K for the total set up. Am told that is a good deal! checked on line and all engines like this one that I found were at or above 3K.

I will put it on the engine stand and just take my time to evaluate everything and try and have it mounted and ready to run by next Opening Weekend.

I've had it with the normally aspirated VW as I am use to turbo cars and want the additional HP. If I'm lucky the 2180 is about 100 HP. Not enough extrs weight to hurt the total HP on a car that only weighs 850 pounds according to Prowler.

I miss the 250 HP I had in the 2.3 Ford Turbo but that car was heavier.

I am happy and now have a project to take me through the winter!! If I can hold off that long. Depends on upcoming trips with the VW!

I was told that they have to rev to make HP but what the hell does a VW have to do to get anything respectable.Bottom line, I'm happy about my find!!! :barf::flipoff::clap:

thats a smokin deal !!

the answer to the highlight is the vw has to be sold and another motor put in. thats the most respectable thing a vw can do :ogp:

Edited by barefoot bob

thats a smokin deal !!

the answer to the highlight is the vw has to be sold and another motor put in. thats the most respectable thing a vw can do :lol:

When I had my first rail a 1641 turbo back in the 70's I would have argured with you but with this one I totally agree!!!! :beercheers:

"Why torture yourself all season. Swap them now."

Ya never know what I might do! :beer_bang:

Edited by SANDAWG

Outfront motorsports has everything you need to make the swap and they are very helpfull

with any technical questions.I have a 2.0 with a turbo in my beam car if you have any

questions PM me or if you want to see it just come to the mcflurry camp over halloween

ask for Brice I'll be there thursday to sunday. We are also going out early this saturday

to do a shake down run for the season come out and see it :beercheers:

Outfront motorsports has everything you need to make the swap and they are very helpfull

with any technical questions.I have a 2.0 with a turbo in my beam car if you have any

questions PM me or if you want to see it just come to the mcflurry camp over halloween

ask for Brice I'll be there thursday to sunday. We are also going out early this saturday

to do a shake down run for the season come out and see it :beercheers:

I'll do that Brice. I'll have a ton of questions I'm sure. I agree, Outfront is cool. I called them to see if it was a good deal and they said it sure is. If I get my tranny back today or tomorrow I want to go out this weekend too on Saturday.

Didn't we talk at the swap meet??? I didn't ralize that was you! :beer_bang: :lol:

is that from the ad i sent you?

You know something......I think it was you that turned me on to that. Thank You very much! Since I procrastinated for several weeks I forgot all about your help!

Thanks again!!!

Your da Bomb :beercheers:

I'll do that Brice. I'll have a ton of questions I'm sure. I agree, Outfront is cool. I called them to see if it was a good deal and they said it sure is. If I get my tranny back today or tomorrow I want to go out this weekend too on Saturday.

Didn't we talk at the swap meet??? I didn't ralize that was you! :beercheers: :beer_bang:

I think you talked to my buddy Rees at the swap meet he has helped me out alot on the rail

let us know if you get it together for this weekend.

I think you talked to my buddy Rees at the swap meet he has helped me out alot on the rail

let us know if you get it together for this weekend.

Will do! If it wasn't you then it had to be your friend. He had some turbo stuff and was parked right next to me!

Edited by SANDAWG

Did you get all the clutch components with it?

Yup, disc, pressure plate and slave cylinder. About all I'll have to buy is the adapter plate and the alternator mount since it had PS and AC that the alternator mounted too. Will need to see what I have to do like change the fllywheel to work with the VW starter and hope to be able to build the Harness with my son in law to be, he's a certified mechanic specializing in electrical. It has every single wire harness w/relays etc. for the car! Has the down pipe w/Oxy sensor too.

Don't really need the front cross member with all the steering. :beer_bang:

I've got some stuff I can sell or trade like AC, power steering all kinds of stuff!

Have it fairly well stripped down to the bare engine. Got that done today!

At first it will be totaly stock so the install should be fairly easy. :laughing::laughoff:

Yeah I remember those days back long ago, starting out with my vw 1600 cc. I built (wasnt enough power).

then moving up to my v-6 4.3 motor/buggy I built (had power but still wasnt enough for me) :bert:

so then i got my(sandrocket) v-8 and rebuilt the darn thing , the way it should be built

383 stroker with the blower.

it seems to do the job. but what else could i do to make it even faster mmmmmmm. :slap:

maybe next thing i could build is a (jet buggy) mmm sounds very interesting. :laughoff:

:stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

so pat if you need help let me know on fab work. dont have bill help ya.

otherwise you will be doing this :beer_bang: :laughing::lol:

Didn't we talk at the swap meet??? I didn't ralize that was you! :beer_bang: :laughing:

dang I wish i saw this earlier I was at RC this afternoon I could have picked up your tranny for ya.. we live very close BTW

dang I wish i saw this earlier I was at RC this afternoon I could have picked up your tranny for ya.. we live very close BTW

[/quote

I don't think it's done yet. He hasn't called me. I was hoping to go to DD this weekend for a shakedwon run.

You close??? Mission Hills here!

Pat, the guy next to you at the swap meet with the turbo stuff is a friend of mine named Bob. If you need to talk to him or need any of his parts i can get you his number.

BTW I have to go back down to So. Ca. next week on Thurs or Fri. If you need something picked up etc I would be glad to help out.

Terry