back deck

RAGDOLL MX

Has anyone had their ramp turned into a back deck area? Dave and I are thinking about taking the ramp of our hauler and making it level with some detachable cables. For sitting or a larger area for eating. Or whatever. Any thoughts??

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

That is actually pretty common, they make screen rooms to enclose the ramp area also.

They are an option on some manufacturers and there are universal ones to add on, but they seem to be pretty pricey.

It looks like they are using a cable to hold the door up, couldn't be too hard to just make one and bolt it up.

Ive got the cables to make mine a deck. We have used it a few times at the lake and river.

same here i think i have done it maybe 3 times in 3 years.lol i dont have the screen room tho. fuggin ballers i tell ya.

mine is a cable with carabeeners and a turnbuckle in the center.

Has anyone had their ramp turned into a back deck area? Dave and I are thinking about taking the ramp of our hauler and making it level with some detachable cables. For sitting or a larger area for eating. Or whatever. Any thoughts??

Did mine with chains and closable links... liked this method cause its adjustable for slope needs or if the trailer is a bit tweaked.

i didn't use cables on mine, mainly because i am a big mo fo and i just felt more comfortable having some real legs under it, plus i had the roofjacks that i used for the legs just sittin around collecting dust, so i chopped them down and used them. i dont use them in the dunes very often, mainly when i go to the races and there is less sand flying into the hauler. i cut two table leg brackets into the floor surface so i can put the table out there and chill and have lunch/dinner or whatever. they are flush mount and they seem to take the abuse of running them over just fine.

here is a pic from halloween you can see the table off to the left, basically at the leading edge of the door so there is room for some chairs behind it. the table isnt huge but its easy to deal with and it is a perfect spot to hang out, grub, and in my case last weekend, watch the races.

13745_169203818210_791783210_2711384_3186760_n.jpg

Btw just to thread jack for a minute, if anyone that has the add-a-room wants to get it out of their way for a rediculous price haha......let me know.

like i say i mainly use that set-up at the track so puting it together for a five day stay may be worth the pain in the butt just to have some extra space and shade.