New shoes for the RZR

BLUE STEEL

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect.

Your rear Skats are excellent when side running bowls compared to the Doonz.

Way noticeable difference.

With the coated, stiff Doonz the back end wants to slide out from under ya.

The more flexible Skats that you have are floating yet hanging on better for you.

The front buffs are the perfect choice too.

You'll never look back now.

Excellent choice.

BTW, where did you buy the wheels and tires?

Edited by Free Agent

Give us your opinion on them???? Are they way better than stock???

The rpm's seem to be cut down. For instance on certain hill climbs we would be running at about 6500 rpm's, with the new tires, the rpm's seem to be cut down to like 5000 or 5500 on the same climbs. They really like to hook up. I rarely need to run in 4 wheel drive anymore.

What tire rim combo....All Rocky Mountain has is 12x7 diablo rims. Are you running the 7 or 8 paddle? Where did you buy yours?

I called fullerton sand sports and they recommend a 10 inch wide rear wheel for the rzr and an 8 inch for the front. He said the 8 paddle hold the corners better and 7 is real loose. It would be cool to have the chance to run the 7 and 8 paddles back to back and see which feels better. I like sliding so 7 sounds like the better option. Slide it funco style!!!! :laughing::dayum:

What tire rim combo....All Rocky Mountain has is 12x7 diablo rims. Are you running the 7 or 8 paddle? Where did you buy yours?

I am running the 12 x 7 Diablo Douglas rims with a 4+3 offset. 7 paddle. I got the tires from UTV Unleased. They worked a killer deal for me. At the time I was buying the rims, I had to get the last 2 from Rocky Mountain and then get the last 2 from Chapparal. They both offered the best price and free shipping.

I called fullerton sand sports and they recommend a 10 inch wide rear wheel for the rzr and an 8 inch for the front. He said the 8 paddle hold the corners better and 7 is real loose. It would be cool to have the chance to run the 7 and 8 paddles back to back and see which feels better. I like sliding so 7 sounds like the better option. Slide it funco style!!!! :laughoff::thumb:

Hey Tim when are you going to post some pics of that new ride? What ever you do, do not go with a 10 inch wide in the rear for sand tires. 7's or 8's are the best. If you are running two differnt width's like what comes stock, then that would be a good set up. Just not for dunning. I know you like to slide in the corners, go with the 7 paddles. You'll love them. Get some pics up.

Just got these. I can't wait to try them out during the poker run.

post-3603-1257738014_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1257738081_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1257738418_thumb.jpg

:idea::laughoff::lol::thumb:

Any idea how they will stand up in the rocks. I do the sand normally but hit areas around the dunes that aren't sand. Ya think it will be necessary to change out tot he stock tires for that???? I nearly bought a set of Doonz at the Sand Show but held off for that reason! I kinda already know the answer but had to ask anyway!!!

REmember I'm :old: and senile!!

Any idea how they will stand up in the rocks. I do the sand normally but hit areas around the dunes that aren't sand. Ya think it will be necessary to change out tot he stock tires for that???? I nearly bought a set of Doonz at the Sand Show but held off for that reason! I kinda already know the answer but had to ask anyway!!!

REmember I'm :laughing: and senile!!

The Doonz are a nice set of tires. If you do a lot of runs to like the baby dunes in those kind of rocks I would not use this set up. I would go with the Doonz.

• 1 month later...