Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

To me the jury is still out. All my kids have an account but they are all over 21. I think that education for young ones is key. There are predators everywhere, check the attached link, and don't be surprised if you find one of these jackoffs lives near you. Excuse the pun.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Edited by mredgy
Posted

There are other places that predators are also. MySpace is just in the limelight at this time. Educating your kids is the only key.....don't depend on them to figure it out themselves.

....and, sorry blondie, keeping it from them will just make them more curious. Guide your children and prepare them for the sicko's that are out there. It's just like guns or anything else.....

After finding out from my nephew that my daughter (only 12 at the time, supposed to be minimum 16??) had an account, Davey and I about blew a gasket!! We sat BOTH daughters down to more than one episode of Dateline, the 'To Catch a Predator' series. Believe you me, we discussed this issue OVER and OVER. I'm certain it scared the crap outta both of them. They really had no clue how dangerous the internet can be. Needless to say, she has since cancelled that account.

Posted

To me the jury is still out. All my kids have an account but they are all over 21. I think that education for young ones is key. There are predators everywhere, check the attached link, and don't be surprised if you find one of these jackoffs lives near you. Excuse the pun.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

That's interesting you should mention that. With the new laws on public notification and such, one of my sisters and her hubby received a flyer about a tier 3 sex offender down the street and around the corner from them. (Big family oriented neighborhood.) Had his mugshot on it, etc. They keep it posted on the fridge.

BTW, tier 3=most likely to re-offend!!

Posted

i have no problem with myspace, its how i keep an eye on my daughter. 15 and she has it, iam 34 so i need to have it. i have alot of people on my page, and i usually talk to about 90 % of them weekly

Posted

myspace = :shake::rockon::laughoff:

my friend's teenage daughter is on it, and he has her password and everything. he checks on it once a day.

N E WHERE on the net is a place where sexual predators seek out prey....like here.. i BET some sexual predaturds have lurked around here :laughoff:

Posted

i will check my daughters as well, i also have a program called "Angel" and i can see any key stroke that she makes, i get any password that she creates and i dont have to be on the same computer.

so ill keep an eye on her, any way i can. but if i have to be on myspace then ill have fun with it

Posted

i will check my daughters as well, i also have a program called "Angel" and i can see any key stroke that she makes, i get any password that she creates and i dont have to be on the same computer.

so ill keep an eye on her, any way i can. but if i have to be on myspace then ill have fun with it

My hubby gets notification from aol about what our daughter is doing online (that wouldn't include myspace, I'm sure). The upgraded parental controls I assume.

I like the sound of that program Cole, where'd you find it??

Posted

My hubby gets notification from aol about what our daughter is doing online (that wouldn't include myspace, I'm sure). The upgraded parental controls I assume.

I like the sound of that program Cole, where'd you find it??

want some candy lil girl!!! :monkeedance2:

Posted

it is a program called "Angel" is is program that major companies and Dept of Defence uses. i can get you a copy if your interested. they are usually pretty pricy, but i might be able to copy the program for you.

Posted

it is a program called "Angel" is is program that major companies and Dept of Defence uses. i can get you a copy if your interested. they are usually pretty pricy, but i might be able to copy the program for you.

Only if it's not a HUGE pain in the butt!! It would be muchly appreciated! :laughoff:

It's not so much that I don't trust her, it's the person on the other end I'm not always sure of, know what I mean??

Posted

oh this program is really good, it will give you all the IP Address of anyone that is on the other end. it is also a ghost program it will tell you what web site anyone goes to and what their pass words are, and you dont even have to have to be on their computer, it will send an email to yours telling whats going on

Posted

My hubby gets notification from aol about what our daughter is doing online (that wouldn't include myspace, I'm sure). The upgraded parental controls I assume.

AOL?? HAHA And you guys are worried about my sis's Myspace?? LOL!!

Someone else said it, EDUCATION, guns (the accidental shootings) kill kids who are uneducated and dont know the dangers, (This is not directed at you mom!! I just dont believe in seperate posts) If so many parents would stop letting TV raise their children this world would be a better place!!

Hey I have a myspace account, my highschool friends have all found eachother again because of it (why I joined) Now it has become a place for me to post funny or crazy vids and pics, sometimes even nudity for you sickos (Kenny!!) :D If that makes me FAGGE then come bend over in front of me and see what happends!! :P

Hey maybe im a poser like some hater on another list called me, but last time I checked the definition of poser didnt quite fit!! Maybe SHOW OFF?? Hey like Kidd Rock said, "It aint bragging if you BACK IT UP"!!! :laughoff:

http://myspace.com/39385775

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...