Looking For Suggestions

SAND~~SNAKE

My son kameron got his drivers license today :( He has a car, a job,about 700.00 in the bank, and a girlfriend on the other side of town.)..I think I am freaking out here, :dunno: that kind of restrictions should I put on his driving boundries.....HOW LONG OF A LEASH?All sugestions welcome..and please none of these-----> :laughing:

My son kameron got his drivers license today :( He has a car, a job,about 700.00 in the bank, and a girlfriend on the other side of town.)..I think I am freaking out here, :dunno: that kind of restrictions should I put on his driving boundries.....HOW LONG OF A LEASH?All sugestions welcome..and please none of these-----> :laughing:

wow, your old enough to have a son that drives, who knew? lol im not to far behind you, my son will be driving in less than 2 yrs. im not looking forward to it. but honestly, if he is a good kid and has a good head on his shoulders, i wouldnt put to many restrictions on him. give him enough of a leash to hang himself, then if he does, you will know you need to tighten the leash. it really just depends how responsible he is jim. oh yeah, and if he is a decent driver. lol

heyy is there something against 16 yr olds who drive???

Good luck with that. Our son has been driving for over a year and a half. I know....lots of worries with the way people drive in this town. We didn't have to restrict his driving except for whatever the DMV stated. However he did have a small pickup which meant he and 1 friend in his truck only. I think that helps keep the testosterone level down a little. :thumb:

The nice thing about the license is it is easier to hang over his head. Don't screw up and you won't lose the "privelege" of driving.

Good luck.

Good luck with that. Our son has been driving for over a year and a half. I know....lots of worries with the way people drive in this town. We didn't have to restrict his driving except for whatever the DMV stated. However he did have a small pickup which meant he and 1 friend in his truck only. I think that helps keep the testosterone level down a little. :dunno:

The nice thing about the license is it is easier to hang over his head. Don't screw up and you won't lose the "privelege" of driving.

Good luck.

wow my mom doesnt let anyone ride in my jeep

My suggestion to you, and how I will be with my daughter when she drives is the way my dad was with me. When I first started to drive was back in '86, it was my "mini-truck" craze. I had one and all my buddies had them also. When I first got my license, my father told me that if I got a moving violation ticket, I walked for 30 days, and he meant absolutely no BS about it. If I got a mechanical violation ticket, I fixed it and got it written off. Well my first ticket about a month after I got my license was for speeding, 70 mph in a 45 mph zone. I knew I was in real deep shiat........ :dunno: Let me tell you, the worst feeling for a 16 year old was not being able to drive like his buddies. My father also told me not to lie about it because he would run my license # and if he found a ticket that he didn't know about, "God save your arse" he said. Boy that worked!!!! I did get a couple of more speeding tickets after that, and it was the same thing..........................I WALKED for 30 days!!! It taught me alot believe it or not, about responsibility. Then when I turned 18, my father took that restriction off me and said, "you're an adult now, you take care of it." So I got a job, and started paying for my own insurance and for any tickets that I got that I couldn't go to traffic school for.

Times are different now I know, but I think that if you put some sort of restrictions on him, but at the same time giving him his own space to make mistakes, he will learn. Good luck with that!!!... :laughing:

Just my $.02 cents worth, hope it helps................ :thumb:

Edited by HappyHour

Well if he's a good boy and it sounds like he is, let him fly. If he screws up then you reel him in :dunno: ..I would also give him a new Curfew. If his Curfew was say 11:00 on foot, then in a car it should be 10:00 . My kids are far from driving but I have thought about this alot...also I like the one friend plan, just one friend in the car makes it much safer all the way around :laughing: Good luck !! keep us posted please :thumb:

I had to pay my own way... Paid my own insurance, My own Gas, my own repairs... If i didnt have gas money.. had to walk.. didnt have money to fix my truck i had to walk... if i let my insurance lap.. had to walk... Same thing w/ moving violations... any moving violation truck was parked license taken and key's hidden for 2 months.. (luckily any violation i got i talked my way out of.., bad part is it was a small town so by the time i got home my folks knew i got pulled over for sumthing ). Curfew was 10pm everynight.. Or at least have the common courtesy to call and say hey maa.. im runnin a bit behind ill be home by 11ish or something like that.... It all depends on how responsible and how much respect he has for you. IF he doesnt have any he can keep walking till he's 18 for all im conserned. Thats just my 2 cents.

HEY CHECK IT OUT...IT ONLY TOOK 6 DAYS FOR THE 1ST FENDER BENDER...SAYS HE HIT A POLE! :thumb:

GOOD THING FOR $1500.00 THROW AWAY CARS :dunno:

Dang....already? Good thing you bought a disposable!! Pops is using his head.

Edited by cmyfirepole

HEY CHECK IT OUT...IT ONLY TOOK 6 DAYS FOR THE 1ST FENDER BENDER...SAYS HE HIT A POLE! :monkeedance2:

post-39-1153251364.jpg

post-39-1153251553.jpg

GOOD THING FOR $1500.00 THROW AWAY CARS :barf:

danggggggggg already? i dread my son getting his license in less than 2 yrs. he thinks he is goin to get to drive my Burb!!!!! :freakin_nuts: :rockwoot::driver::dunno:

told him he wants wheels he has to earn it. his dad got cars given to him left and right and always trashed them, want my kid to learn responsibilty. Hopefully he will appreciate it a little more and take better care of it if he actually has to earn it. Tough being a parent these days at times.