BUSA OR R1 QUAD

BIG GUNS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they would be lighter than that since the GSXR 1000 is 38 pounds lighter like Bud said.

The Gsxr 1000 MOTOR IS 38lbs. lighter than the Busa MOTOR. What does your Busa bike weigh??? I believe the stock DS Baja weighs 504 lbs.

Kurt is Right with a full tank of fuel. We carry just under 4 Gal. What ? Gas weighs 8lbs per Gal. I think??

We build them for all around use, Our Bikes are NOT JUST LIGHT WEIGHT DRAGGERS/HILL SHOOTERS And with Kurt riding in the dunes,, well,, they need to be pretty strong. 6ft drop offs, woops at 60mph etc. Kurts a pretty aggressive rider. If they hold up with him on board?,? They'll hold up with ANYONE on board..!!

Ace is right about one thing,,, your bike is as Purrrrrty as they get!!!

Bud

Come on out to Dumont Presidents!!!!

The Gsxr 1000 MOTOR IS 38lbs. lighter than the Busa MOTOR. What does your Busa bike weigh??? I believe the stock DS Baja weighs 504 lbs.

Kurt is Right with a full tank of fuel. We carry just under 4 Gal. What ? Gas weighs 8lbs per Gal. I think??

We build them for all around use, Our Bikes are NOT JUST LIGHT WEIGHT DRAGGERS/HILL SHOOTERS And with Kurt riding in the dunes,, well,, they need to be pretty strong. 6ft drop offs, woops at 60mph etc. Kurts a pretty aggressive rider. If they hold up with him on board?,? They'll hold up with ANYONE on board..!!

Ace is right about one thing,,, your bike is as Purrrrrty as they get!!!

Bud

Come on out to Dumont Presidents!!!!

My is not just a hill shooter either, it has all the brakes ect. it weighs 510 full of fuel in the stock tank.

My is not just a hill shooter either, it has all the brakes ect. it weighs 510 full of fuel in the stock tank.

wow?!? 510lb Busa/DS?!? I'll have to re-weigh our bikes!!! Balance is another issue with the Busa engine. IMHO .... Your fuel tank is in the "normal" place?

Our first gsxr build had the fuel tank in the normal place. The bike was very nose heavy and would "Nose dive" from a up hill to down hill transition. We moved the tank back under the seat and ,,,WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Balance was GREAT . I've been on 2 busa builds and if your an aggressive duner,,? Just get on one of our bikes,,, You'll see what I mean. Our bikes front end is lighter making aggressive launchs a bit tricky. The Busa bikes launch harder, front end stays down easier. But we'll get ya,,,, The Gsxr1000 (set up right) has more useable RPM and enough HP... Of course swing arm length, tires, gearing ,intake design and exhaust design all play a big factor.. We've spent lots of $$$ and testing to get the combo we run...Works real good too!!!

Edited by Quadrockets

So how many bike lengths do you all think Bruce here will win by???? Bruce what do you think???

I dont know I dont know, Wait a minute actually I do know my boy Tbruce is going to beat you by half a hill(quadrockets) lol !!!! Sorry you asked, so I just thought I would give you an answer lol all in fun!

wow?!? 510lb Busa/DS?!? I'll have to re-weigh our bikes!!! Balance is another issue with the Busa engine. IMHO .... Your fuel tank is in the "normal" place?

Our first gsxr build had the fuel tank in the normal place. The bike was very nose heavy and would "Nose dive" from a up hill to down hill transition. We moved the tank back under the seat and ,,,WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Balance was GREAT . I've been on 2 busa builds and if your an aggressive duner,,? Just get on one of our bikes,,, You'll see what I mean. Our bikes front end is lighter making aggressive launchs a bit tricky. The Busa bikes launch harder, front end stays down easier. But we'll get ya,,,, The Gsxr1000 (set up right) has more useable RPM and enough HP... Of course swing arm length, tires, gearing ,intake design and exhaust design all play a big factor.. We've spent lots of $$$ and testing to get the combo we run...Works real good too!!!

i will let you know when we will be at Dumont next. We normally go to Sand Mountain memorial weekend, but if they have the fourstroke war races there we will be there for the race weekend.

With all this chatting going on. Yall are going to have to meet up at one point. I bet neither one is going to smash one each other and it will be a close race. But wont know till yall hit the hill.... :shocked::beercheers: Good luck and good chatting. :DDR:

:beercheers:

So how many bike lengths do you all think Bruce here will win by???? Bruce what do you think???

I dont know I dont know, Wait a minute actually I do know my boy Tbruce is going to beat you by half a hill(quadrockets) lol !!!! Sorry you asked, so I just thought I would give you an answer lol all in fun!

NO WORRIES THERE "LIVETODRAG:"

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! LET'S STIR THIS UP A BIT!!! LOL

Half hill huh?!?!? so what planet are you from again??!!?? lol Have you seen the NOS video on our web site??? HALF HILL !!!??,,,, NOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DAAT'S A GUT ONE!!! :shocked::booty::atv:

c BRIAN:

Come on dude ,,get up to Dumont Presidents!!! I just won't be the same without ya. After everything we've through in this thread!!!!??? Your going to bail on us??!!?? I really wanted to see your "pretty" Quad in person... YA ,,,,, YOUR PRETTY , S L O W---Q U A D !!!! LOL LOL ,,,,,,, sorry I'm truely ill!!

Jakster:

It WILL HAPPEN.... If I can get the competition to show up?!?!

Come on everyone,,, We need all the street bike powered Quad guys to get on this thread!!! Put the word out!!! Be at Dumont Presidents!!!!!

Edited by Quadrockets

i looked at your vid if i started way back there i would go well over 100mph but dont get me wrong your bike runs great even i would like to have that set up . i will be there to hand out your whooping you have been very bad and i have to punish you i hope you have good goggles so you can see through the dust :beercheers:

big guns stay with banshees bro ... get a tiger racing banshee from riverside custom made just for you your colors ,everything you want 4 6 7 10 mill tiger makes the best looking banchees out there not to mention

how fast they are gas or alcohol!!!!peace :beercheers:

:beercheers:

NO WORRIES THERE "LIVETODRAG:"

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! LET'S STIR THIS UP A BIT!!! LOL

Half hill huh?!?!? so what planet are you from again??!!?? lol Have you seen the NOS video on our web site??? HALF HILL !!!??,,,, NOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DAAT'S A GUT ONE!!! :shocked::booty::atv:

c BRIAN:

Come on dude ,,get up to Dumont Presidents!!! I just won't be the same without ya. After everything we've through in this thread!!!!??? Your going to bail on us??!!?? I really wanted to see your "pretty" Quad in person... YA ,,,,, YOUR PRETTY , S L O W---Q U A D !!!! LOL LOL ,,,,,,, sorry I'm truely ill!!

Jakster:

It WILL HAPPEN.... If I can get the competition to show up?!?!

Come on everyone,,, We need all the street bike powered Quad guys to get on this thread!!! Put the word out!!! Be at Dumont Presidents!!!!!

what are you an hour from Dumont, its about 8 hrs for me and my daughter is in a soccer tournament that weekend.

:beercheers: quadrockets very fast i must say!!!

but !! the video shows that u took off from comphill to bansheehill u got a good head start! i can probably hit 100 on the tiger banshee if i had that headstart lol..... all in fun ok!

OK!! Ok!!! I know,,I know " Starrrrrrt at the starrrrting spoooot",,,,,,,, " I could go a billllllion mph from wheeeeeere yoOOOOu staaaaaarted",,,,,,,, " You started in Chiiiinnnnna" Bla! Bla! Bla!,,,,,,, We were truely just testing/tuning that day. No need to drag race.

That was our 1st generation NOS system built for us by Boondockers

It's a bit better/faster now ??!?!?!?!??? Sorry no Vids of our newer Gen. setup .Camera died that day.????/

All I can say is:

BRING YOUR "A+" GAME OUT PRESIDENTS AND LEAVE YOUR FEELINGS AT HOME CAUSE THEY,,, W I L L ,,, GET HURT!! LOL LO LL OLO

Bruce, bruce Bruce,, I thought you found your sences a few posts back???

It's really gonna hurt us seeing you cry at the finish line. But you'll grow from it..grasshopper

No worries Mex450 lol,,lol So after we're all done at the hill, your gonna follow us on a dune ride,,, right??? I gotta see that, you on your "Tiger Shee" and bruce on his "long couch" following Kurt On the Quadrockets GSXR 1000 ,,,,,,,,,IN THE DUNES????!!!,,,,,,!!LOL LO L LLOLLOLLO L LO L OLL LMAO!!!!! I gotta get that on video!!!

Cbrian:

Sorry I didn't realize you were that far away. Family is MOST important as well.

. I'll still talk trash about ya though . Maybe a little more behind your back too. lol

Truely No worries. Looking forward to meeting ya someday!!

Bud

OK!! Ok!!! I know,,I know " Starrrrrrt at the starrrrting spoooot",,,,,,,, " I could go a billllllion mph from wheeeeeere yoOOOOu staaaaaarted",,,,,,,, " You started in Chiiiinnnnna" Bla! Bla! Bla!,,,,,,, We were truely just testing/tuning that day. No need to drag race.

That was our 1st generation NOS system built for us by Boondockers

It's a bit better/faster now ??!?!?!?!??? Sorry no Vids of our newer Gen. setup .Camera died that day.????/

All I can say is:

BRING YOUR "A+" GAME OUT PRESIDENTS AND LEAVE YOUR FEELINGS AT HOME CAUSE THEY,,, W I L L ,,, GET HURT!! LOL LO LL OLO

Bruce, bruce Bruce,, I thought you found your sences a few posts back???

It's really gonna hurt us seeing you cry at the finish line. But you'll grow from it..grasshopper

No worries Mex450 lol,,lol So after we're all done at the hill, your gonna follow us on a dune ride,,, right??? I gotta see that, you on your "Tiger Shee" and bruce on his "long couch" following Kurt On the Quadrockets GSXR 1000 ,,,,,,,,,IN THE DUNES????!!!,,,,,,!!LOL LO L LLOLLOLLO L LO L OLL LMAO!!!!! I gotta get that on video!!!

Cbrian:

Sorry I didn't realize you were that far away. Family is MOST important as well.

. I'll still talk trash about ya though . Maybe a little more behind your back too. lol

Truely No worries. Looking forward to meeting ya someday!!

Bud

Are you guys with the fast bikes going to race with the banshees or race with the :atc:

I never see any of you guys come over and race with the banshees.

Are you guys with the fast bikes going to race with the banshees or race with the :atc:

[/quo them banshees dont want any peace of me and iam not with the fast bikes i am the fast bike

Edited by turbo_bruce

the only crying is from me laughing so hard after seeing how slow you are hehehehe :duniemonkie::think:

Bruce You disapoint me again!!!,,,,, Back on post #72 you said "all thes big motor quads are close on the hill so i dont think iam going to kill you but iam going to beat on you a bit hehehe lol " Now It kind of sounded like you were coming to your sences?!?! You did "start" to get it right ,, YOU SURELY WILL NOT KILL US!!! trust me on this one Dude. But now your beating on your chest again?1?!??.

(Deep breath) No worries,,,,,, I have faith you will see the light race day, and you will be humbled!! :P:MBdance:

Edited by Quadrockets

I'll tell ya a little story them my thoughts on this.

Banshees always run the left SIDE and all others run the right side. My Blue bike is for sale, so on Thanksgiving I wanted some exposure, so I went over to take on some "Shees." ( Kind of the dark side for us big 4 stroke bikes) lol

The "Shees" left??!??!? I ran the hill twice SOLO??, I sat at starting Spot for a bit, NO TAKERS??? Then just for kicks I rode behind and In front of where they all were parked, Thinking" Hey maybe someone would stop me and ask "How Much" or some interest". ALL I GOT WAS ONE GUY YELLED "STAY OFF OUR SIDE"??! SO I ran the hill again, NO TAKERS!!! I thought it smart to leave ( the crowd looked a bit like east L.A.) :think:

I NEVER see a shee,come over, AND run the right side.. THEY WOULD BE WELCOMED!!!

My thoughst are, We are in a different class ( Shees and street bike Quads) ALOT of the shee hill shooters are slammed, stretched,and have little suspention. Right side gets a bit rough for them to run. So they stay on the left AND PROTECT IT, to keep it smooth???????? Or is there CLASS warfare at the hill??!?!

I'll be making a point to run the "Shee" side!!!!!

We have run a few shees and we are right with most of them. the super Shees are just too light and have too much HP,,, 10 mil,,,Methanol etc,,. US??,,,all stock motor,,91 pump gas.. However, we have never ran them on NOS/// ,100 OCTANE..?? Stay tuned

BRUCE,,,,,, WHAT DO YA SAY WE KICK SOME BANSHEE A$$!!!!!! PRESIDENTS :MBdance: LOL LOL O LO

this ought to be good!!

Banshees always run the left SIDE and all others run the right side. My Blue bike is for sale, so on Thanksgiving I wanted some exposure, so I went over to take on some "Shees." ( Kind of the dark side for us big 4 stroke bikes) lol

The "Shees" left??!??!? I ran the hill twice SOLO??, I sat at starting Spot for a bit, NO TAKERS??? Then just for kicks I rode behind and In front of where they all were parked, Thinking" Hey maybe someone would stop me and ask "How Much" or some interest". ALL I GOT WAS ONE GUY YELLED "STAY OFF OUR SIDE"??! SO I ran the hill again, NO TAKERS!!! I thought it smart to leave ( the crowd looked a bit like east L.A.) :MBdance:

I NEVER see a shee,come over, AND run the right side.. THEY WOULD BE WELCOMED!!!

My thoughst are, We are in a different class ( Shees and street bike Quads) ALOT of the shee hill shooters are slammed, stretched,and have little suspention. Right side gets a bit rough for them to run. So they stay on the left AND PROTECT IT, to keep it smooth???????? Or is there CLASS warfare at the hill??!?!

I'll be making a point to run the "Shee" side!!!!

:MBdance::think::laughoff::laughoff: CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS :cheesebong:

The "Shees" left??!??!? I ran the hill twice SOLO??, I sat at starting Spot for a bit, NO TAKERS??? Then just for kicks I rode behind and In front of where they all were parked, Thinking" Hey maybe someone would stop me and ask "How Much" or some interest". ALL I GOT WAS ONE GUY YELLED "STAY OFF OUR SIDE"??! SO I ran the hill again, NO TAKERS!!! I thought it smart to leave ( the crowd looked a bit like east L.A.) :think:

We have run a few shees and we are right with most of them. the super Shees are just too light and have too much HP,,, 10 mil,,,Methanol etc,,. US??,,,all stock motor,,91 pump gas.. However, we have never ran them on NOS/// ,100 OCTANE..?? Stay tuned

BRUCE,,,,,, WHAT DO YA SAY WE KICK SOME BANSHEE A$$!!!!!! PRESIDENTS :MBdance: LOL LOL O LO

this ought to be good!!

I wondered why the 2 strokes stayed on the left.Maybe they are scared to race you guys.

So I understand both you and Bruce are going to be a Tag Team kicking some Banshee A$$.

I can't wait to watch this.You guys should beat them because I don't think any of them run 90+mph up the hill.

'

'

I wondered why the 2 strokes stayed on the left.Maybe they are scared to race you guys.

So I understand both you and Bruce are going to be a Tag Team kicking some Banshee A$$.

I can't wait to watch this.You guys should beat them because I don't think any of them run 90+mph up the hill.

'

'

Oh they can run 90 up that hill alright it all comes down to the start.... like we have been saying all along they are purpose built bikes they are made for one thing and one thing only and that is to go straight. Now what sounds like more fun riding your bike to the hill hitting the whoops in 3rd gear :MBdance: or trailering your bike to the hill? Going on a ride in the dunes with the same bike. . . . or sitting at the hill all day? We just want the best all around bike. . I dont know but maybe the banshee guys dont like us because we are just as fast (on a totally stock motor besides intake exhaust) and we have multiple uses for it rather than just one.

Just a thought.

Oh they can run 90 up that hill alright it all comes down to the start.... like we have been saying all along they are purpose built bikes they are made for one thing and one thing only and that is to go straight. Now what sounds like more fun riding your bike to the hill hitting the whoops in 3rd gear :MBdance: or trailering your bike to the hill? Going on a ride in the dunes with the same bike. . . . or sitting at the hill all day? We just want the best all around bike. . I dont know but maybe the banshee guys dont like us because we are just as fast (on a totally stock motor besides intake exhaust) and we have multiple uses for it rather than just one.

Just a thought.

Just as fast? lmao. What I really find funny is that you say you want the best all around bike.. So basically your gonna go to the hill and get spanked by the drag banshee's but beat the 4 strokes and slower banshee's and then go for a dune run and really not dune as well as a stock raptor. Best of both worlds or just kinda good at both? You want to drag race and be competitive...build a banshee, wanna go duning? Buy a raptor. I'm not trashing the street bike guys I would love to have one, but "just as fast" isn't really the right way to explain them.

:laughoff:

The "Shees" left??!??!? I ran the hill twice SOLO??, I sat at starting Spot for a bit, NO TAKERS??? Then just for kicks I rode behind and In front of where they all were parked, Thinking" Hey maybe someone would stop me and ask "How Much" or some interest". ALL I GOT WAS ONE GUY YELLED "STAY OFF OUR SIDE"??! SO I ran the hill again, NO TAKERS!!! I thought it smart to leave ( the crowd looked a bit like east L.A.) :MBdance:

BRUCE,,,,,, WHAT DO YA SAY WE KICK SOME BANSHEE A$$!!!!!! PRESIDENTS :think: LOL LOL O LO

this ought to be good!!

If you don't have a turbo and a big nos bottle hanging form your bike then you probably wouldn't get many takers..not worth the effort. :D

Run the right side? Try riding something that fast through the woops and you'd know why. I don't have a death wish.

Somebody yelled stay off our side? really? Sounds like an a-hole.. have never heard that before. But maybe he didn't want you to get run over and hurt :D Almost all the drag guys are cool so the :think: worries probably were not needed.. unless you were refering to the hill.

You and Bruce should come and try to kick some banshee a$$... You'll get a few but most will send you back to the right side of the hill. :MBdance: Drag racing is fun, almost as much fun as arguing/talking about it on the internet. :laughoff:

Just as fast? lmao. What I really find funny is that you say you want the best all around bike.. So basically your gonna go to the hill and get spanked by the drag banshee's but beat the 4 strokes and slower banshee's and then go for a dune run and really not dune as well as a stock raptor. Best of both worlds or just kinda good at both? You want to drag race and be competitive...build a banshee, wanna go duning? Buy a raptor. I'm not trashing the street bike guys I would love to have one, but "just as fast" isn't really the right way to explain them.

Have you even seen the bikes run??? I think just as fast is a perfect way to put it ok so we are not going to beat the banshees that are 650 stroker 10 mil or whatever you build them too running on alcohol. But on a totally stock 1000 motor will beat 95% of the people out there 4 strokes or the slower banshees and we would give the totaly wacked out banshees i bet a good run for there money with our nos.

Have you ever riddin a fast quad in the dunes like the like your banshee or a streetbike?? i bet you have not because your banshee would break with its 250lb total weight and the fuel would cost too much. :MBdance:

If we wanted to be a competitive racer we would have a bike that would beat any banshee but that is not what we want, and why buy 2 bikes when you can just have one? IM not trashing the banshees either i think they are awesome super fast bikes that preform well at what they are built for.