BUSA OR R1 QUAD

BIG GUNS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big Guns:

I've been building the DS650/Gsxr1000 conversion for 4 years now "Quadrockets.com" and let me tell you. We've put more time and money in R&D to get these bikes perfect than anyone I know!!!!! more than even"Gregg at Supersonic toys" I know him well!!

Gregg is NO LONGER building , he uses the Busa Motor. The Busa is NOT the power plant to use in these Quads for all around use!!!,,, I know from experience!! They are too big,, too heavy,, Impossible to properly balance for dune riding. There is a video of our Green Gsxr1000 hill shooting a very good friends Busa Quad... Our "so called" little 1000 beat it!!! ,,, Take a look on our web site,,, He sold his busa Quad and built a Gsxr1000 and loves it . (( Both motors were stock)))

The R1 is a good motor but every R1 we've been up against goes down 2nd!!!

Anyway I have A LOT MORE info ,,backed up by alot of experience.. The blue bike on our web site is for sale.

Thanks Bud

Edited by Quadrockets

Just out of curiosity, do these quads dune well or are they better for hill shooting? That seems like an aweful amount of power and it sounds incredibly fun but just was curious how well these things do out in the dunes.

i have a orange and blue busa quad that i would like to race one the quad rockets bikes.

Anytime!! Is your Busa stock or Turboed? If stock we will surprise ya. This thanksgiving I ran a Turbo 1100 Suzuki in a stretched lowered drag Quad , Banshee Hill , I got him by a bike length at the start, when I shut down he was only about a bike length ahead . Now I'm 215lbs,,, with my 178 lb son on board,, It should have been a very close race..,, We love being the underdog and surprising folks. :D .

We will be at dumont The last weekend in Feb. I believe that's presidents? So keep in touch and maybe we can light a little intrest in this race. My buddys from Utah will be down for that weekend with some other street bike powered Quads . :hello:

Bud

Just out of curiosity, do these quads dune well or are they better for hill shooting? That seems like an aweful amount of power and it sounds incredibly fun but just was curious how well these things do out in the dunes.

We have spent alot of time and effort to build a very GOOD all around Quad. Our bikes have 16" travel in the rear and 13" up front. We have re-worked the stock DS shocks and they work Very well. You could always spend ALOT OF MONEY on aftermarket shocks to improve the ride, But for the $ our setup is pretty darn good.. We have also taken into consideration the weight of the motor and the overall balance of the bike, Hence, the fuel tank in the rear under the seat,, counter balance..... and our bikes only weigh 508 lbs !! a stock DS weighs 505 lbs!! You could never get a Busa Quad to have the correct balance. Not as comfortable to dune. As for hill shooting ?/ ask the guys on here that have watched our bikes run or just come on out and play , and see for your self :hello:

Bud

Edited by Quadrockets

the guys that used to be on a DS site claimed that the busa DS650s that supersonic toys built were not only hillshooters, but, running a regular gas, were just a comfortable as a stock DS, and an ALL day duner

Anytime!! Is your Busa stock or Turboed? If stock we will surprise ya. This thanksgiving I ran a Turbo 1100 Suzuki in a stretched lowered drag Quad , Banshee Hill , I got him by a bike length at the start, when I shut down he was only about a bike length ahead . Now I'm 215lbs,,, with my 178 lb son on board,, It should have been a very close race..,, We love being the underdog and surprising folks. :D .

We will be at dumont The last weekend in Feb. I believe that's presidents? So keep in touch and maybe we can light a little intrest in this race. My buddys from Utah will be down for that weekend with some other street bike powered Quads . :hello:

Bud

BUD YOU GOING FOR SURE ON THE LAST WEEKEND OF FEB OUT TO DUMONT? IF SO ILL GO OUT THERE TO LOOK AT YOUR BIKES RUN. I AM ABOUT 30 MINUTES FROM GLAMIS BUT I WOULD SHOOT OUT THERE TO SEE YOUR BIKES. LET ME KNOW.

Hey guys this is Buds son Kurt, I ride these quads the most out of anyone, they do actually well in the dunes and are actually a blast you dont need to shift at all they have so much power and they can rev so high you can keep it in almost any gear. BTW these quads are very fast i get tired sometimes trying to hang on..

We will be at dumont The last weekend in Feb. I believe that's presidents? So keep in touch and maybe we can light a little intrest in this race. My buddys from Utah will be down for that weekend with some other street bike powered Quads . :atv:

Bud

we just returned from Glamis, we will be in pismo for Presidents weekend. if they have fourstroke wars at San Mountain in May we should be there.

We will be at dumont The last weekend in Feb. I believe that's presidents? So keep in touch and maybe we can light a little intrest in this race. My buddys from Utah will be down for that weekend with some other street bike powered Quads . :dunno:

Bud

pres weekend is 12-15....15th is pres day.... :atv:

we just returned from Glamis, we will be in pismo for Presidents weekend. if they have fourstroke wars at San Mountain in May we should be there.

the last weekend of feb is 26-28....do i smell a race :finger::dunno: or was it all :dunno::pissed::coocoo: ......jk..both bikes are way faster than mine.... :atv:

Bug guns:

Yes for sure the last weekend in Feb. I have some friends from Utah coming down. I may also be there for presidents. I don't have a new calender yet?!?!? I'll get one today. My Girlfriend and I Kind of have this deal to plan trips in advance.

If your serious $$$ I can meet you at Dumont any day/weekend, ( Girlfriend wil HAVE to understand that!!) lol I'll PM ya my #

Sorry to say due to the economy,( my business has taken some hits) I am staying close to home,,,Dumont.. this year,,but if I sell this Blue Quad I will Have NO problem $$$$ Traveling. I still have 3 other Gsxr1000 Bikes.

I may try and sell our Green Quad as well... I really want to upgrade our A/V system to High Def... I'm still with a 15 yo. big screen,, AND REGULAR cable !!YAH,,YAH I know, I know, Gotta get my priorties in line!! lol lol

Bud

Edited by Quadrockets

Bug guns:

Yes for sure the last weekend in Feb. I have some friends from Utah coming down. I may also be there for presidents. I don't have a new calender yet?!?!? I'll get one today. My Girlfriend and I Kind of have this deal to plan trips in advance.

If your serious $$$ I can meet you at Dumont any day/weekend, ( Girlfriend wil HAVE to understand that!!) lol I'll PM ya my #

Sorry to say due to the economy,( my business has taken some hits) I am staying close to home,,,Dumont.. this year,,but if I sell this Blue Quad I will Have NO problem $$$$ Traveling. I still have 3 other Gsxr1000 Bikes.

I may try and sell our Green Quad as well... I really want to upgrade our A/V system to High Def... I'm still with a 15 yo. big screen,, AND REGULAR cable !!YAH,,YAH I know, I know, Gotta get my priorties in line!! lol lol

Bud

i will let you know in advance when we will be in Dumont or any where else in the future. where are you from.

i will let you know in advance when we will be in Dumont or any where else in the future. where are you from.

I'm in Vegas ,,actually Boulder City. We'll be staying close to home this season,,,Dumont,,, unless something sells,,,Hint,,, lol

We will be at dumont The last weekend in Feb. I believe that's presidents? So keep in touch and maybe we can light a little intrest in this race. My buddys from Utah will be down for that weekend with some other street bike powered Quads . :assblast:

Bud

only about a bike ?? next time i will hold it wfo on you not just 1/2 hehheehe

only about a bike ?? next time i will hold it wfo on you not just 1/2 hehheehe

So you were the guy I raced,, ?? Hey not to put your bike down ,, it's a very nice build and it was faster than our bikes, NO QUESTION!! But come on ,,,you have to admit, your bike is a special build hill shooter , 1100 CC ,,,, THAT'S TURBOED,,,!! Tell everyone what fuel you were running... Our bikes are bone stock 1000s, 91 pump fuel, Just engines set up VERY WELL.. ((( I do have little tuning tricks))),,,With 16" travel in the rear and 13" up front... Great duners as well as hill shooting.. Weight, balance,,, BEST ALL AROUND ,PERFORMANCE, DUNING, COMBO AROUND!!! imho

I can't tell you how many times I've been told by Busa guys they were NOT giving their bikes full throttle??!!???!!?? GIVE ME A BREAK,,,,LOL HOW MANY HERE BELIEVE THAT?!?! YOU DID TAKE ME BY A TOTAL OF ONLY ABOUT 2 BIKE LENGTHS .....

Tell you what,,, I'll bring our little 1000 NOS bike and you hold your turbo WFO and we'll see...??? LOL

THIS IS OF COURSE ,,,ALL IN GOOD FUN,, I love this racin sheeet. lol

Bud

Edited by Quadrockets

So you were the guy I raced,, ?? Hey not to put your bike down ,, it's a very nice build and it was faster than our bikes, NO QUESTION!! But come on ,,,you have to admit, your bike is a special build hill shooter , 1100 CC ,,,, THAT'S TURBOED,,,!! Tell everyone what fuel you were running... Our bikes are bone stock 1000s, 91 pump fuel, Just engines set up VERY WELL.. ((( I do have little tuning tricks))),,,With 16" travel in the rear and 13" up front... Great duners as well as hill shooting.. Weight, balance,,, BEST ALL AROUND ,PERFORMANCE, DUNING, COMBO AROUND!!! imho

I can't tell you how many times I've been told by Busa guys they were NOT giving their bikes full throttle??!!???!!?? GIVE ME A BREAK,,,,LOL HOW MANY HERE BELIEVE THAT?!?! YOU DID TAKE ME BY A TOTAL OF ONLY ABOUT 2 BIKE LENGTHS .....

Tell you what,,, I'll bring our little 1000 NOS bike and you hold your turbo WFO and we'll see...??? LOL

THIS IS OF COURSE ,,,ALL IN GOOD FUN,, I love this racin sheeet. lol

Bud

yep its all fun and the 1000 bomber is a nice quad to build . and bring that nos one out and this time there will be no more sand bagging lol