My list of things I LOVE about the Dunes

BIG DAVE XP1K

1 The antisipation of the next Dune Trip. :old:

2 The gathering of good friends and the chance to make new ones. :peeps:

3 That first ride across virgin sand. :hatdance:

4 The sight of the youngsters riding in the sand and watching them jones for more. :old:

5 The time around the camp fire sucking down the dos xx and tellin lies. :beercheers:

6 Competition hill at night with all the fires and loons racin up the hill in the dark. :old:

7 The time away from the reality of bills and work. ( the real world) :foshizz:

8 Grillin in the desert & dutch oven cobler. :eat:

9 Screaming across the dunes on a long ride with all my boys in our RZR's :cry:

10 Thanksgiving in the sand with 10 -12 different family's version of turkey dinner.. :old:

Lets face it, I could go on and on about what is awsome about or obsession with the sand and Im sure everyone has their own version or ten reasons they love the sand. But no matter what your ten reasons are, this is our passion its what we live for. What could be better than a weekend in the SAND... A bad windy day in the sand is far better than a good day at work anyday. You have to learn to take the bad with the good. Your glass is either half full or half empty its your choice....

Edited by Big Dave

Nice thread! :old:

Mine are:

1. Time with friends and family....especially by the fire after the riding is done and the :old: begins! :peeps:

2. Virgin sand...especially hearing the paddles "zip" :cry:

3. Seeing everyone happy and well. :old:

4. No clocks and no work. :beercheers:

5. Riding with friends and family....that's one I like the most.

everything rockssssss being @ the dunes & being away from the real world......love making some bad azz rides & making new friends from the forum :old: hopefully to see some old ones & make new ones @ south pole sat... :beercheers::old:

GREAT THREAD!!!

#1 Going out on rides with my hubby :rzr:

#2 Hanging out with my family on President's Day! My cousins are the bomb! :old:

#3 Chillin and making new memories with friends, meeting new peeps :foshizz:

#4 Shopping at the Dune Mall, as we call it! :old:

#5 Screaming while I'm driving the RZR and scaring my passengers! :cry::lol:

#6 Watching all the peeps rolling in for President's Day :old:

#7 Grillin awesome steaks and drinking a really nice glass of red wine :eat:

#8 Drinking more.... :beercheers:

#9 Getting up, making coffee and watching the camp come alive :old:

#10 NOT HAVING TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDR:

:old: I like your list. It is nice to look at the positive instead of the negative crap out there. W My feeling is if you don't like it don't go. :old:

Too bad some misinterpreted the spirit of my thread.

It was to keep in the forefront, some of the issues that should be dealt with for safety and continued use of the Dunes by those of us that live for and love it. If these issues are not dealt with at some point.......Oh Well!

Negativity was the furthest thing in my mind from from someone that goes there 8-10 times a year!!

Check out the numbers of people that used go on the holiday weekends and now go on off weekends to avoid

the disrespectful, discourteous, thoughtless and unskilled duners.

Think of my thread as you wish but I know what I meant. :beercheers:

Too bad some misinterpreted the spirit of my thread.

It was to keep in the forefront, some of the issues that should be dealt with for safety and continued use of the Dunes by those of us that live for and love it. If these issues are not dealt with at some point.......Oh Well!

Negativity was the furthest thing in my mind from from someone that goes there 8-10 times a year!!

Check out the numbers of people that used go on the holiday weekends and now go on off weekends to avoid

the disrespectful, discourteous, thoughtless and unskilled duners.

Think of my thread as you wish but I know what I meant. :beercheers:

Please dont misunderstand the purpose of my thread. I was mearly celebrating our passion for the dunes .

Your post sir, was well received and understood on its merits :old:

I almost forgot. Right after we arive and just after we have settled in, I crack my first ice cold beer. Yum.....

Using our beer coozies!!! And now we have glass wine glasses! Hopefully they won't break or get thrown in the fire! :drunks: