Coral Pink First Trip!

Chadwick

Well I finally made my first trip up to Coral Pink this weekend. I got there Friday night and met up with a couple of old buddy's of mine from back in the day. One of them happens to be a DDR member (livetodrag) that I ran into out at the night drags last summer. It was good hanging out with the old crew at the dunes. They had been a couple of times before so they knew the area really well.

Friday night I got there early enough to squeeze in one quick ride and my initial reaction was "DAMN IT! THIS PLACE IS BAD a$$." :grin: Went to bed pretty early :lol::lol: and I was glad I brought every blanket I owned because it was :laughing: FREEZING at night!

Woke up early in the morning and went down to the ranger station and got me a warm shower. :D Gotta love the Utah state parks facilities! Geared up and went for rides time and time again. We went on so many runs I couldn't begin to try and count them. Every time we got back from one ride, when everyone was catching there breath I was gearing up wanting to go on another one. I simply couldn't get enough rides! We rode until about 5:00 pm Saturday and then my body had enough by that point. Rather than staying another night and freezing my tail off I decided to pack it up Saturday night and head home. It was a great weekend and I'm so glad I made the trip. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures but I'll show you what I did take.

My camp site

post-5157-1274031089_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031015_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031118_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031165_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031187_thumb.jpg

(livetodrag)

post-5157-1274031210_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031237_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031264_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031292_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031320_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031341_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031367_thumb.jpg

my buddy Joe

post-5157-1274031390_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031413_thumb.jpg

livetodrag tearing it up!

post-5157-1274031434_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031456_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031480_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031506_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031534_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031555_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1274031624_thumb.jpg

Joe hitting up a crazy technical spot :barf:

post-5157-1274031648_thumb.jpg

:blury:

post-5157-1274031678_thumb.jpg

That place rocks. :laughing: . Can't wait to get back up there again. Made 3 trips last year. Hope I will atleast make that many this year.

I've heard if you watch the weather closely during the summer you can get up there for some cooler days. Heard it gets a little hot during the day unless you happen to catch a cool weekend. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled on the weather for some more trips. :blury:

I've heard if you watch the weather closely during the summer you can get up there for some cooler days. Heard it gets a little hot during the day unless you happen to catch a cool weekend. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled on the weather for some more trips. :laughing:

I have been there all times during the summer and never thought it was to hot. If it gets warm you just stay in the trees and it is fine.

I have been there all times during the summer and never thought it was to hot. If it gets warm you just stay in the trees and it is fine.

That's good to hear! Next time you go let me know and I'll make it up there as well for some runs!

Damn I got invited to go on this trip and didnt.......should have!

looks fun, JJ's cool peeps to camp with...

did he take his farm equipment too? or just his quad?

Farm equipment?? Meaning his Ranger? Yeah he brought it out. That thing flat out hauls butt. It was a good trip you should have made it out. :laughing:

Chad I have this on my next long drive dune trip. Want to go this summer been itching really bad to get some sand. That place seems awesome. How far through the trails does is go? Is it easy to make a quick loop around the complete place or is there miles of riding area. Every time I see pics I see only the same spots starting to wonder how much riding area there is? :atv:

Next time bring you a women and she will keep you warm... Just means you will have to cuddle...Or down a lot of Jack and coke you will be fine...

I am in if the next trip is August or September. Moving is a biatch. :laughing:

Thanks for sharing.. :beerpint:

Chad I have this on my next long drive dune trip. Want to go this summer been itching really bad to get some sand. That place seems awesome. How far through the trails does is go? Is it easy to make a quick loop around the complete place or is there miles of riding area. Every time I see pics I see only the same spots starting to wonder how much riding area there is? :atv:

Next time bring you a women and she will keep you warm... Just means you will have to cuddle...Or down a lot of Jack and coke you will be fine...

I am in if the next trip is August or September. Moving is a biatch. :beerpint:

Thanks for sharing.. :atv:

Hey man you say the time and date and I'll be there. It won't take much convincing for me to go back to that place. :laughing: It isn't a huge riding area maybe about the same size as Dumont or a little smaller but just different. No other way to explain it then that. Some of it reminds me of Little Sahara more than Dumont. The scenery is gorgeous and pleasant. The camp sites got real quite and night which made for some peaceful R&R. I'm just a big fan of Utah Parks as they seem to be well taken care of and have nicer facilities than the Cali parks I have been too.

The pics are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. One of these days we'll make it out there! :beerpint:

I did a trip to Coral and tented it "ONCE: My old tired body can't take the ground or the cold anymore!!

I'm planning to go there in the very near future. I'll never go on a busy holiday weekend again though. That was a dust disaster and we were packed into the meadows like sardines!!

Gee???The only good thing I missed was the cows getting back at me for "Cow Tipping" when I lived in the mid west!!!!!! :atv::laughing:

I did a trip to Coral and tented it "ONCE: My old tired body can't take the ground or the cold anymore!!

I'm planning to go there in the very near future. I'll never go on a busy holiday weekend again though. That was a dust disaster and we were packed into the meadows like sardines!!

Gee???The only good thing I missed was the cows getting back at me for "Cow Tipping" when I lived in the mid west!!!!!! :beerpint::laughing:

with all the blankets I had and the bed mattress I had set up in my tent it was like sleeping in my own bed! But regardless there is truly no place like home. Sleeping is my #1 priority above all things! :D

Great pics chad!!! That was good times will have to do it again in the future sometime!! :contract::beerpint:

Hell yes JJ!! It was good hanging with the crew from back in the days. Man it's been a long time since I have seen some of you guys! We need to do this more and more!