SMOG CHECK FOR DIESEL TRUCKS

THE BIG E

Is it true that now all diesel trucks have to have a smog check??? if so whare do you guys take them and how much does it cost.

P.S. I still have not got the smog check in my renewal this year :D

Edited by THE BIG E

Nye county did not require it if i remember properly but clark county always has. There is a smog shop at hot rod hill in henderson that will do it for you. Usually costs around 60 bucks.

it actually is a law now...has been since Jan 1 2010...The state is doing odd vin #s one year, even the next

you will know when you get your dmv renewal in the mail

If you have modded your truck by removing any smog equipment, make sure you put it all back on before going in for a smog, or you will fail

the test consists of a visual of your smog equipment, and an opacity test, where they put a white background next to your tail pipe and stomp on the gas. the smoke has to clear within a specified amount of time

If you rock a tuner, put that bad boy on stock BEFORE you roll to the smog shop, and leave the tuner at home.

if you have an aftermarket air intake, call the manufacturer, and ask for the CARB sticker for that item immediately. make sure you have that CARB sticker on the intake BEFORE you go to get it smogged

Aftermarket exhausts are OK, as long and the kitty is still on there. if you dont have your kitty on your truck, put it back on BEFORE you go to get your smog

What about people like me that have a federal truck and live in CA?

It came with no Cat. Will I be mandated to put one on it?

no your cool as long as your Vin specifies that you have a federal truck, and the guidelines for that year of federal truck show no cat

quit sending me pics of ice chests :clap:

no your cool as long as your Vin specifies that you have a federal truck, and the guidelines for that year of federal truck show no cat

quit sending me pics of ice chests :clap:

When Gary Coleman isn't in the ice chest you can stick your big toe in it sucka!!

Found this today while looking for info.--

http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResources/05_L...24-09_Final.pdf

Edited by bp-guy

it actually is a law now...has been since Jan 1 2010...The state is doing odd vin #s one year, even the next

you will know when you get your dmv renewal in the mail

If you have modded your truck by removing any smog equipment, make sure you put it all back on before going in for a smog, or you will fail

[b]the test consists of a visual of your smog equipment, and an opacity test, where they put a white background next to your tail pipe and stomp on the gas. the smoke has to clear within a specified amount of time

[/b]

If you rock a tuner, put that bad boy on stock BEFORE you roll to the smog shop, and leave the tuner at home.

if you have an aftermarket air intake, call the manufacturer, and ask for the CARB sticker for that item immediately. make sure you have that CARB sticker on the intake BEFORE you go to get it smogged

Aftermarket exhausts are OK, as long and the kitty is still on there. if you dont have your kitty on your truck, put it back on BEFORE you go to get your smog

are you serious?? HA HA HA... seems open to interpretation?? I like the MASH on it phrase,

here in NV they have an opacity test too, but they put it on a dyno with a sniffer in your tail pipe to measure opacity.....

also I have talked to guys that do the smog and they tell me that programmers mostly from what they have seen have made it run cleaner... I never back my down here...

j

• 1 month later...
Nye county did not require it if i remember properly but clark county always has. There is a smog shop at hot rod hill in henderson that will do it for you. Usually costs around 60 bucks.

Great guys on hot rod hill - got mine done there - in/out 10 minutes even finished the getting the new tags as well. I was told by the DMV that they start asking for smog on the diesel's once they hit 4 years. So if you have a 2006, you would have likely gotten hit this year.

SP2 Mike

That's been every single year for me. :dunno: Nothing new. :finger:

4.5 bills EVERY year? dayum.....its only taken the truck 8 years to get down to the 445 price. when I bought it used, the highest I paid was 7something

farking gubment iceholes :finger:

Edited by Richard Cheese