summer upgrades?

dunefreak

Anyone doing any summer upgrades to their cars?

Before next season I'd like to put in a headset/ intercom system in my car. That and I think it's time to swap out those over-the-bolt CV boots. I like to be able to check my bolts from time to time. Other than that, she's ready to go.

I know bpguy & andydew are doing some paint upgrades. How about everyone else? Got anything on the wish list for next season?

Putting in a new car to car set up and a MP3 setup thru the headsets. Getting ready to drain, clean and refill all the brake fluid and clutch fluids. Other than that I have already moved the battery cutoff switch to a better location and took out the Odessy battery and installed a Total Power battery with a lot more cranking power. Hoping to make it to Idaho at the end of this month and then it will be due for some waxing etc.

I started off adding a console extension connecting the lower console and the dash. I just finished installing an outfront intercooler, scoop and bumped the boost up from 12 to 17lbs. Then a fresh tune and dyno from John @Outfront. The car is running good, and ready for the Idaho trip later this month.

Modify my fuel tank to locate the sump in the middle instead of the end - Done.

New fuel pump - not sure if it was part of my original problem or not, but just to be sure I got a new one and need to install it. I'll keep my old one as a spare. I think the fuel tank fix solved my problem.

Take tranny to shop. Not broke, but I don't know its age or history and figured it might be due.

Replace my rear view mirror with something that I can use. The one I have sucks.

Repack CV's

Fix the slowly leaking right paddle.

Install a tach - I have no idea when to shift other than feel or hitting the rev limiter. Not a problem really since my engine has no rods to throw,, Rotary. I have a nice tach with shift light on my V8 car, I'm gonna steal it.

Get one of those bling chrome make me faster green sticker plates to mount on the car.

Fab up something to hold my camera and seal the sand out. I've been using trash bags.

New fuel pump - not sure if it was part of my original problem or not, but just to be sure I got a new one and need to install it. I'll keep my old one as a spare. I think the fuel tank fix solved my problem.

Take tranny to shop. Not broke, but I don't know its age or history and figured it might be due.

Replace my rear view mirror with something that I can use. The one I have sucks.

Repack CV's

Install a tach - I have no idea when to shift other than feel or hitting the rev limiter. Not a problem really since my engine has no rods to throw,, Rotary. I have a nice tach with shift light on my V8 car, I'm gonna steal it.

Get one of those bling chrome make me faster green sticker plates to mount on the car.

Fab up something to hold my camera and seal the sand out. I've been using trash bags.

I use one of these to keep my MP3 player but they have camera bags also. They work great;

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=DP65C

Thanks Ynot, those bags look good but might be too small for a DSLR and zoom lens. I'll look at some other camera sites and see what they offer.

I believe they have bags for all size cameras and video recorders. Just find the home page and it was at the header.

Edited by ynot

Im putting on some side mirrors like these

post-14-1278736854_thumb.jpg

Just got a new flag. Gonna be sporting Red White & Blue this season.

post-14-1278736804_thumb.jpg

Also I am looking for some wheels and off road tires. Gonna hit Laguna Seca in august for the Porsche races and want to use it to travel around the infield with my camera gear. If anyone has a line on 4 BTR's or Walker Evans 17 x 7 with beadlocks. PM me.

awesome Rob.

Were are you getting those mirrors?I want some just like them and havent been able to find the company.

Im not sure of which company makes them. I saw them at Prowlers. They sell them there. You can get them as Billet, Chrome or anodized. They let me take one home to see how it fits. There pretty beefy.

post-14-1278824748_thumb.jpg

post-14-1278827701_thumb.jpg

Edited by 80grit

Intercom and a car to car radio was the best upgrade I ever did. I have used it for some many purposes and it has saved my a$$ more than once.

I put a new/used motor in my car and still ironing out some minor bugs. Going to test some different types of lights next weekend. New red powder coat on the bead lock rings.

Hey Mike- Hold off on the powdercoat. I am having my calipers on my 65 Mustang powdercoated in about a week. If I like how they turned out I will be able to hook you up real cheap.

My renter has friends that do it and the turn around is pretty fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a couple upgrades to the truck and camper.

I had Noma Fabrication out of Chatsworth put my toolbox on sliders in a storage box in the truck. I got tired of lifting it in and out of the trailer and I wanted the weight out of the trailer. He beefed up the box from the underside and got some ball bearing slide mounts and hooked me up. Slides like butter.

post-14-1281304353_thumb.jpg

post-14-1281304383_thumb.jpg

On the trailer I had him put in the new Dexter EZ lifts and box the underside of the carraige with (3) 2 x 4 metal cross braces. Pretty stout now. The Dexters have zert fittings on them so I can keep them greased.

post-14-1281304499_thumb.jpg

post-14-1281304519_thumb.jpg

Just getting ready for the season. Under 60 days away :)

New fuel pump - not sure if it was part of my original problem or not, but just to be sure I got a new one and need to install it. I'll keep my old one as a spare. I think the fuel tank fix solved my problem. Done, and it DID fix my problem. Didn't know how bad the old one was!

Take tranny to shop. Not broke, but I don't know its age or history and figured it might be due. Done, needed new second gear and dog rings.

Repack CV's Done.

Install a tach - I have no idea when to shift other than feel or hitting the rev limiter. Not a problem really since my engine has no rods to throw,, Rotary. I have a nice tach with shift light on my V8 car, I'm gonna steal it. Stole tach off of V8 car then realised it only goes to 8k, I shift above that.

Get one of those bling chrome make me faster green sticker plates to mount on the car. Done.

Did a couple upgrades to the truck and camper.

I had Noma Fabrication out of Chatsworth put my toolbox on sliders in a storage box in the truck. I got tired of lifting it in and out of the trailer and I wanted the weight out of the trailer. He beefed up the box from the underside and got some ball bearing slide mounts and hooked me up. Slides like butter.

post-14-1281304353_thumb.jpg

post-14-1281304383_thumb.jpg

On the trailer I had him put in the new Dexter EZ lifts and box the underside of the carraige with (3) 2 x 4 metal cross braces. Pretty stout now. The Dexters have zert fittings on them so I can keep them greased.

post-14-1281304499_thumb.jpg

post-14-1281304519_thumb.jpg

Just getting ready for the season. Under 60 days away :)

Great idea for the toolbox! :D

• 1 month later...

I just picked up my panels from my painter. There is a lot of detail in the paint job, that surpassed my expectations :beercheers:

Several coats of candy blue, over ghost flames, with a smoke effect, and a few other little freebie graphics underneath the candy. I've got all the panels unwrapped, but I'm gonna try to clean up the frame a bit before I start slappin on the tin...

post-6067-1284594221_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1284594236_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to get started :beerpint: