summer upgrades?

dunefreak

Im not sure of which company makes them. I saw them at Prowlers. They sell them there. You can get them as Billet, Chrome or anodized. They let me take one home to see how it fits. There pretty beefy.

post-14-1278824748_thumb.jpg

post-14-1278827701_thumb.jpg

i have a pair of these in the shop ill sell to you for half the cost of new pm me

i have a pair of these in the shop ill sell to you for half the cost of new pm me

Shoot. I just saw this. Gotta get on here more often I guess. I already bought them and there over getting chromed.

:ahhhhh:

Anyone doing any summer upgrades to their cars?

Before next season I'd like to put in a headset/ intercom system in my car. That and I think it's time to swap out those over-the-bolt CV boots. I like to be able to check my bolts from time to time. Other than that, she's ready to go.

I know bpguy & andydew are doing some paint upgrades. How about everyone else? Got anything on the wish list for next season?

The old man is doing a couple of changes and up grades for the future.

I'm having AJ Simms in Orange County do a Turbo for the "Sand Flea"

The compression will be 8.4 and I will run 8-10 #'s of boost. I added a sump to increase my oil copacity by another QT. That makes it 4 1/2 now with the cooler and filter set up.

I got rid of the new Weber 40's and will run a Holley 350 set up for off road. Decided today and go ahead with some 1.25 ratio rockers that are suppose to add another 10 H.P.

Had to build a skid plate to protect the sump. Thanks to my friend and neighbor for the aluminum left over from his build!

Having the Turbo Black Ceramic coated and since it's a mid engine set up it will hardy be noticable. It won't hang out the rear as most do. I like it!!! Also had to add a fan to the oil cooler for extra cooling and a benefit of that will be it blows on the Turbo and should help to keep it cooler too.

I had the origional fuel tank that was pretty big and had changes it out for a smaller one. I went back to the larger tank so I now hold a lilttle over 9 gallons instead to the 7 for the smaller tank. I figure to use more gas........which means more money too. I have to run race gas now :atv: since under boost I am 13-1 compression. Also mounted the boost guage already.

The rest of my time has been nut and bolting everything, moving some wires and lines around and generally getting it real sanitary.

End results should be an increase of 40-50% in HP above the 80+ on the 2160 VW the way it was. I did have to add about 25#'s to the car making it colser to 875# total weight without my fat arse in it.

I'm now ready for Coral Pinks altitude, Choke Cherry at St Anthonys and Banche Hill at the Oregon Dunes.

Talked to AJ today and should have my stuff this next week.

About and hour or two and it's time to start it up and be ready to go!!!

:MBdance::atv::rockwoot:

Edited by SANDAWG

I pm'd him 2 hours before you :DDRrocks: but you can have them.

see i gotta sell somthing to get my dune buddies to call me anymore :beerpint::beerpint::beerpint::beerpint:

my summer upgrades were ...........................................................................................

o ya charge my batteries :P

post-1340-1284894946_thumb.jpg

Edited by barefoot bob

Looking good. Post some pics once completed.

I can't wait to get her in the sand with the paddles on... gonna look schweet :yiah: I'll get some good pics then; these are just from my phone.

I got the panels zues'd up and got it all washed and waxed. I even got new silicone bumper thingies for the trunk lid where it rests on the frame when you open it. :P

post-6067-1285126079_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1285126097_thumb.jpg

post-6067-1285126119_thumb.jpg

A little too excited, I revved the effer till the governor a few times and had a few heads pop over the fence :atv:

I am SO jonesin for some sand; probably won't see my first trip till christmas :slap: new babies and all :lol:

i will take it out for you andy if you need just a phone call away

:slap: Naaahhhh, I'll just keep pullin it out of the trailer and revvin it up instead :lol:

maybe I'll just have to do a day trip/ boys run. I'd just have to lie to the wifey, since she's been dying, stuck at home all summer. She probably wants a good dune run as bad as I do. I oughtta run up for the next meet and greet I suppose. Eitherway, I appreciate the feedback fellas :atv: