Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

i know a lot of people are thinking it, so i will ask it. are we going to have another night drags before the season? i am totally down for it again. maybe sometime in september or will this be too soon? i know i am ready to head out again before the season is upon us.

Posted

September is ruff... you have Laborday ( coral pink ) you have SSSS then 2 weeks after that is columbus day... Personally i would have to say keep it to a once a summer thing and let the anticipation build for next summer :D I think the only thing i would do diffrent is possssibly tip off the medics in baker that there will be a large group of people out there ( not necessarily a organized event ) but a unusually large amount of people for the summer time and if they want to kill a few hours to come out and check out the action :D

Posted

September is ruff... you have Laborday ( coral pink ) you have SSSS then 2 weeks after that is columbus day... Personally i would have to say keep it to a once a summer thing and let the anticipation build for next summer :D I think the only thing i would do diffrent is possssibly tip off the medics in baker that there will be a large group of people out there ( not necessarily a organized event ) but a unusually large amount of people for the summer time and if they want to kill a few hours to come out and check out the action :D

i guess it would be cool as an anual event too. there would definitely be anticipation built up over a years time.

Posted

I would love too, but like Nick said, September is rough for me too. I have alot going on. How bout we just drag a set or two of lights along with the tree out sometime this season? We wouldn't necessarily have to wait till next summer, but we could maybe get something together within the next couple months. :DDR_rocks!:

Posted

I would love too, but like Nick said, September is rough for me too. I have alot going on. How bout we just drag a set or two of lights along with the tree out sometime this season? We wouldn't necessarily have to wait till next summer, but we could maybe get something together within the next couple months. :DDR_rocks!:

Same here, September too busy for Ross and I. But we would love to have another DDR drag night soon. Too much of it too fast, peolple will get burned out and not come.

Posted

Annual event sounds good, but lights during the season would be fun. The tree light was cool, kept the roll starts to a minimum and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Posted

I would love too, but like Nick said, September is rough for me too. I have alot going on. How bout we just drag a set or two of lights along with the tree out sometime this season? We wouldn't necessarily have to wait till next summer, but we could maybe get something together within the next couple months. :DDR_rocks!:

sounds like a good plan pete. getting some lights out there during the season would be awesome. i think isbb's annual event idea would be really good. it would give people more notice and we will probably have an even better turnout then this past weekend.

Posted

im in it anytime

if its next week im in it to lol

Hell yeahi think it would be sweet to do it agin .....just tell me when and im there

Posted

I agree an annual drag would be the best. We had a great time.

Yeah it was pretty rad , Don You need to tell your son green means go lol

Posted

there was a lot of ppl takin off on yellow . i was confused

I know! :laughoff: I was like wtf!!??? :DDR_rocks!: Randy, Chuck and I were laughing about that when I was working the light. They'd pull up, I'd give em the yellow for stage/ ready, then the f*ckers would just take off before the green. :laughoff: Can we say " DE DE DEEEEEEE"? :thumb:

Posted

I know! :laughoff: I was like wtf!!??? :DDR_rocks!: Randy, Chuck and I were laughing about that when I was working the light. They'd pull up, I'd give em the yellow for stage/ ready, then the f*ckers would just take off before the green. :laughoff: Can we say " DE DE DEEEEEEE"? :thumb:

Youd think they would know but ....who knows ....it was still fun as hell

Posted

there was a few times when i was up there on the line to race, the light would turn green, and i was the only one to go. lol lol i thought, SWEET, im winning!!! wasnt the case however, i didnt win any race i participated in. but i had fun anyways!!! :DDR_rocks!:

Posted

hey i was riding wingnuts slow a$$ ds650... didnt want to turn on the bottle was afraid i would break it on its first night out... :D so i needed a head start. LOL

Posted

hey i was riding wingnuts slow a$$ ds650... didnt want to turn on the bottle was afraid i would break it on its first night out... :D so i needed a head start. LOL

Was that you who wasn't wearing a helmet?

Posted

Was that you who wasn't wearing a helmet?

I plead the 5th!!!

and yes i know better... but sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.. :D

Posted

September is ruff... you have Laborday ( coral pink ) you have SSSS then 2 weeks after that is columbus day... Personally i would have to say keep it to a once a summer thing and let the anticipation build for next summer :D I think the only thing i would do diffrent is possssibly tip off the medics in baker that there will be a large group of people out there ( not necessarily a organized event ) but a unusually large amount of people for the summer time and if they want to kill a few hours to come out and check out the action :D

good idea.... :D

as far as the lights go..sometimes for me it was instinct to look and go... :thumb:

Posted

The lights were weird since they were up to the disgression of the person running it so there can be 1sec between yellow and green or 1 minute... gettin the timing of the operator down is key... usually 5 seconds or so...

Posted

The lights were weird since they were up to the disgression of the person running it so there can be 1sec between yellow and green or 1 minute... gettin the timing of the operator down is key... usually 5 seconds or so...

Well the way I ran them was this:

As soon as everyone lined up, I gave em a yellow for ready , waited just a second or so, then a green for go. I'll have to get a timer wired up so the intervals in time are exactly the same everytime. Trust me that was a very LAST minute wire job, but way better than having a tree with just all 3 lights on when you plug it in. :thumb: That's how it was when Kens Colors said hey check out what I've got.

I'd also like to wire up a long wire for the switch so the operator doesn't have to sit up on the hill. :woo_hoo: Maybe in the near future for big weekend trips we can to that for comp at night. :thumb:

Posted

Yeah it was pretty rad , Don You need to tell your son green means go lol

did i go on yellow. my dad said i was never launchin on yellow, but his friend brad rode our 06 and didnt even know there was a tree for starting. I was wearing the black carter powersports shirt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...