Welcome to DDR!

We are your Dumont Dunes community & information source!

New here? Join the community! (You must sign in to post.)

Returning users: Sign In with your display name or email address.

Troubles signing in? Please contact us. Forgot your password? Reset it here.

Sign In

Sign in to follow this  
ltr450rider

Presidents Day 2011

This is not good. Rain for Presidents weekend. Look I am not happy with this, was looking for a good weekend of duning. Oh well, if this must be then I am going the next weekend. I WILL go to Dumont for some D&R.

Hey there all....Excited about comin out for Prez weekend would be awesome to meet some other DDR's, just lookin to kick back relax and watch some races :beercheers:

I think its a go :yiah: it's been to long

We'll keep an eye out for ya Pete. Need to get an LTR run in sometime during the weekend. :beercheers:

its a hopeful trip for us. bikes are ready to run and looks like weathers going to be a plus. gunna be a first for the jeep jamboree. cant freakin wait!! :woopitydoo:

:beercheers: Just trying to get a feel for this weekend out there. Even with the possibility of "wet ski's" how packed is this weekend as compare to like Thanksgiving? Just wondering if the sand will be too busy to bring the G/kids to ride on the dunes - Little Dumont just does not get it, so were just wondering how crowded it will get.

Thanks SP2 Mike :drinkbeer:

Edited by Sandpirates2

Last year was pretty busy. May want to keep the grand kids out of the big dunes. JMO.

Thanks Jakster appreciate the heads up.

SP2 Mike :beercheers:

Edited by Sandpirates2

I'll be pulling in around noon on friday. Kinda hoping for a little rain to keep the crowds light. Hoping for a relaxing, chilled out, fun weekend. :headbang1:

I'm not even going! Awesome! I already enjoyed the dunes last weekend without the crowds and bullshit. laughing.gif

I'm not even going! Awesome! I already enjoyed the dunes last weekend without the crowds and bullshit. laughing.gif

I second that one!

Going to be out there....... Got a new starter in the rhino so it will be nicer in the mornin when u go to start it..... camping with neighbors and friends of friends. bummer is we cant bring all the quads so we r bringin 2 quads for my boys( raptor 350, grizzly 125) and then the rhino for me and wifey!! guna be a great weekend not including all the rain...! :blah: :ddr: :grin::atv:

exactly!

All I know is, if I get up Saturday and it's raining, I'm not going to Dumont unless people call me and tell me it's NOT raining there!

Sorry.

The weather channel has it up to 70% chance of rain, probably most the day saturday. It was at 40% two days ago. OH WELL. I dont plan on letting the weather affect me having a great time. If anything, less people, but doubtful.

And sandpirates, Id def keep the younger kids out of the big dunes. Maybe on the back side out by north pole. But in my opinion on big weekends, people dont watch out for others. I plan on getting alot of riding in on friday before it gets to busy.

I have been going to Dumont for 30 some years. in all that time i have seen it sprinkle but NEVER pour. I don't expect that it will be that bad and this site backs it up.

http://www.accuweath...st-weekends.asp

Prez Day 2005...it poured like crazy!

im guessing u werent out for new years then were u?

You mean Christmas weekend? Because I was there for New Years and it never rained. The sand was wet and the river was flowing, but it never rained that weekend.