Any Characters Ya Camp with?:

Ross and Alice

Groups camping together at the dunes are just like your neighborhood at home:

Ya got the critic,

ya got the hater family that hates everyone for no apparent reason,

ya got the group that the cops are dealing with,

ya got the guy with all his stuff taken apart and wrenching all nite,

ya got the guy with his act together and makes it all look easy,

ya got the guy with more time on his hands than he can use and won't leave you alone,

ya got the really cool guy that helps everyone, and has a solution for all problems.

And, ya got the reclusive couple, and the quarreling couple, and the grandparents with zillions of happy grand kids and lots of rolling stock.

Then the family that never stops partying and riding their RV open 24/7,, and on fire with fun, never stops for even a minute.

And always, the stretched-to-the-limit-budget family that barely made it, and has really dated and shopworn toys, but seems to have more fun than anyone. Saving just enough gas to get back home.

I camped with a group and that's exactly what it was, just like home.

A really fun trip,, but some takes:

One family didn't know anyone in the group, but made it clear they and their kids hated everyone. They took every opportunity to demonstrate it too. Meanie kids to the other children & the mom had a face like a Wal Mart paycheck and a K Mart kackle for a voice.

On the day we all arrived with different groups:

After a long group ride with most the campers, we all got back to camp, congregated at our RV and for the whole group Alice has set out a big ice chest full of cold beer, and made Kosher Hot dogs on nice fresh 4 S buns with chips.

One guy in the group critized us for that. Really stunned us.

I later filled his sons Honda new Honda 450 quad with race gas, and let the incident slide.

Ya don't deal hate with hate.

A day or two later the LEOS were dealing with issues with others camping a few rigs down from us. It was flags or something like that.

One old jasper, spent the whole time wrenching his brand new sandrail.

Never really made it onto to the dunes for more than a few minutes, then back under the wrench.

Cheapie dunebuggies will make a mechanic outta you the first season.

The party family,, it never stopped rocking and ridin' doors open lites on all the time. Often these families can't do but a couple trips so they make the most of it.

Outta propane, outta water, outta gas,, outta beer,,,, they thumb a ride into town with Alice to re-supply,, and bar hop all the way in and back.

Alice patient, sober, accomodating,,,

Yeah, you can bar hop in Death Valley, it's been going on for years.

Lot's of good friends we hung out with too. Ya make the best of it.

Just like home.

Edited by Ross and Alice

Ross, where did you go over the weekend? Dumont? :loser:

That's a funny story.

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Nah,, wish we did go to Dumont.

Worked the whole weekend, as did the wife.

Halloween weekend looks like the first trip unless the heat breaks.

Glamis nitetime run this coming weekend, may go, but with YFZ's ya need fireproof chaps.

Do they ever dump the heat on your legs.

Glamis nitetime run this coming weekend, may go, but with YFZ's ya need fireproof chaps.

I don't have a YFZ450, but my Raptor isn't too bad with riding pants on. I found out this past weekend that with shorts on it's hot as hell on the legs though. :laughoff:

Mine burnt a hole right through my riding pants and melts my boots. there hottt

my right leg has multiple burn marks from the expansion chamber on my shee.. darned big bore shearer pipes. i can feel the heat from my 700r but atleast it doesn't scar me.

we're kind of the oddballs out at the dunes. me and my gf have four quads and a rhino. we sometimes take both trucks.. the half ton with the 16' flatbed trailer, and the 454 dually (whick we'll be selling now because we purchased a diesel yesterday) with the toy hauler. we've decided this year we're gonna fir what we can in the diesel and toyhauler and call it a trip.

when we get there we mostly keep to ourselves. we have a couple camps we can go to. my gf and i don't drink so we go to bed early and wake early and mainly stay in the camper when we're not riding. i like to camp with raptoroy. roy is "the really cool guy that helps everyone, and has a solution for every problem." his camp is contained of +40/-50 crowd pretty much. the other camp is dan's (powerhouse racing) camp. they're wild over there. that's the "mcflurry" camp. that camp is huge and mostly out of control heh.

i'm gonna work on figurin' out a satellite dish sometime this season so i won't have to leave early sunday morning to run home and catch the race. see you fellers and gals at the dunes.