any one looking for a job $21-25 hr

turbo_bruce

molycorp was the job but the place is unsafe and nothing will be done about it. read this Subject: Letter of concerns that been brought up to Union officials

3-21-2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read our letter. We are disappointed and very sorry to be writing you under these circumstances. At this time we feel it is our duty and responsibility as leaders of this unions brotherhood to inform you of some of the issues facing us here at Mountain Pass. We know as the most respected and distinguished champion of ETHICS and professionalism of all Molycorp employees, you can understand and be compassionate toward our concerns.

We would like to share our concern for the growing in-balance of civility and courtesy amongst management and our teammates. The trampling of the values of what we hold most dear as an organization, is causing severe damage to the foundation of what we like to think is a world class operation.

Our brothers are being terminated, belittled and intimidated for legitimate safety issues that they bring forward. This is an outrage and must be stopped. Peoples’ livelihood and safety are being put in jeopardy ,( in our opinion for nothing more than to feed the egoism of middle and lower management as a demonstration of dominance.) these actions disgust us. We feel there should never be retaliation for sharing beliefs on safety or any other work related topic.

Once again, seniority lists are being bypassed for raises promotions and scheduling causing members to feel disrespected and unappreciated for their service. We are having difficulty trying to maintain tranquility and calmness amongst our teammates. The management seems to only make situations worse with their inconsistent actions, inability to understand cause and effect decisions, and elitist attitude toward this issue.

The major concern for us is the downward spiral of negative attitudes, and the events these attitudes could cause. Allowing minor issues to become bigger than they are because of a growing mistrust and poor leadership. We understand and take very serious the fact not everyone sees things the same way, and absolutely respect the positions of our company. We humbly ask the leaders of the company, to not let things get out of control, to practice the morals, values and ETHICS of which we were founded upon.

Our best wishes to you,

Edited by turbo_bruce

there is a mine that is opening buck up around the area of state line primm no need for exp they will train you starting pay is $21 hr after 6 months it gos to $25 hr 12 hr shifts 3 days on 4 days off then 4 days on 3 days off let me know i will get you the info you need they need about 100 peps

MOLYCORP?

I'd like some more info on this, thanks

Tracy

yes it is molycorp go to molycorp.com and then about us and employment you want operator trainee its not a equipment operator it is working in the plant theres alot of good stuff going on with this place and is a great job call me and i can give you some info on the ap you need to do and a test good luck 909 436 9221 bruce

hay jill did you get a call again from dan on that raptor ? he want to buy one now

Yes I got the call, but really couldn't do anything since Hubby is in Elko working so it's hard to do anything about it, he is working 7 days a week 10-12 hr days. Mechanic on the semi's hauling the gold ore out of Newmont Mine. His regular work plus kind of on call at the same time? When second shift needs help.

I have his number so if Charlie can work it out some how maybe give him a call.

Yes I got the call, but really couldn't do anything since Hubby is in Elko working so it's hard to do anything about it, he is working 7 days a week 10-12 hr days. Mechanic on the semi's hauling the gold ore out of Newmont Mine. His regular work plus kind of on call at the same time? When second shift needs help.

I have his number so if Charlie can work it out some how maybe give him a call.

good deal i just started at molycorp and wow there looking for all kinds of pep to hire the mechanics make $30+ out there well if any one fills out a ap out there use my name willian b feeney good luck

good deal i just started at molycorp and wow there looking for all kinds of pep to hire the mechanics make $30+ out there well if any one fills out a ap out there use my name willian b feeney good luck

if you guy and gals need any info dont be scared to call me 909 436 9221 bruce iam not so good on the computer

Barstow, Vegas, Primm Nipton. The only place to stay is in the hotels in Primm or try and get an RV spot in Nipton. $325.00 month

ok i had 2 calls to day but befor i called back my phone messed up or i did and i lost the numbers to call you back so if you could call me agian iam at work from 7am to 530 pm so call and leave me you number sorry

ok i had 2 calls to day but befor i called back my phone messed up or i did and i lost the numbers to call you back so if you could call me agian iam at work from 7am to 530 pm so call and leave me you number sorry

Wasn't me~

I called Sunday at 11:18 AM. Will do so again. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Molycorp is going to bring a TON of jobs. They are adding tons of processing piping and some plants for us contruction workers. The mine is just getting started again so more jobs are to come later on as well if you cant get in now. Its just south of Zzyzx Road (Im sure everyone knows that road :D ). Baker would be closer than Barstow by far.

Has anyone gotten any play from putting in any application with Molycorp yet? Spoke with Bruce several times and he was quite helpful, but I know three guys that attempted to apply and two of them got a message stating that they were not qualified and to try again in six months. The disqualifying question was do you have a valid drivers license and they answered yes. Seems they would prefer guys with a valid license and clean driving record! The system stopped the process at that point. Called HR in Colorado and was given the name and number for the project HR person. Spoke with her and she said there was no glitch in the system. Really?

My son did make it through the complete application but got a disqualifying message. Not sure for what as they were all applying for an Operator Trainee position. No mail, phone calls, or e-mails stating what may have been factors in the decision so not sure what all is still happening with the project.

Anybody else have any luck, good or bad, with the app process?

Thanks

Edited by aceisback

I went through the whole process and after waiting for about a month i called the coroprate HR and was given the local recruiter's number. First she told me that they were looking for people with previous chemical plant experience(although the ad only stated experience preferred) Also they had several catagories according to how you scored on the online test results. I was told that the hiring manager was only interested in the top Tier(Perfect Matches) I was told that I was in the second level(good fit). I was advised that I was pretty much SOL. Oh well that's how it goes but it would have been nice if they notified those who put the amount of time to fill out the application.

Terry