any one know if a prerunner truck is as good as a sandrail

turbo_bruce

Not as good IMO. They're built for desert more than sand plus there's much less visibilty cresting dunes in a truck. Not a very comfortable feeling when you can't see what's over the ridge when there's a hood and fender blocking your view.

That's not a normal pre- runner that looks more like a sand rail with a truck frame. Especially with the rear engine.

Very cool, truck tho!!

Ya, I have duned in a couple actual pre runners, you need BIG horsepower and the fun factor is WAY down compared to a rail. :driver:

It wouldn't hurt me at all if they didn't even allow those trucks in the dunes. They are to big and heavy and the visibility, as said, is poor at least. I think they drive as if the dunes are all their own!

:2cents:

Thats what alot of Bike and ATVers think about buggies. I do agree though big heavy trucks in the dunes is trouble.

I used to go to Pismo in the 70's. Didn't see many bikes or ATV's back then, just mostly buggies. I'm not one to start a contraversial discussion but............. I do have my personal feelings of what has happened to the sand experience since the development of other forms of duning.

:usa::old:

Turbo, if you are looking to run the dunes a truck will probably disapoint. My daughters boyfriend has one, its a blast around the small stuff and whopped out sections. But no good in the dunes.

Sandawg, I hear you on the sand experience changing, I to used to run pismo in the late 70,s and 80,s. ATC 90's, rails and jeeps all the way to devils slide. Awe the good ole days. Pismo is hardly worth the fuel to drive there anymore.

Turbo, if you are looking to run the dunes a truck will probably disapoint. My daughters boyfriend has one, its a blast around the small stuff and whopped out sections. But no good in the dunes.

Sandawg, I hear you on the sand experience changing, I to used to run pismo in the late 70,s and 80,s. ATC 90's, rails and jeeps all the way to devils slide. Awe the good ole days. Pismo is hardly worth the fuel to drive there anymore.

Pismo has gone as all of the other riding areas have and will go as long as stupidity, lack of consideration for others and knowledge of the basic rules of off roading is the rule rather than the exception!