johny walker rv

lindernglamis

I need to take my hauler in for warrenty, just wondering who the dumont member is that works there?

Trying to get ready for dumont.

:laughing:

no one anymore i dont think. i actually took my hauler to johnie walker recently for warranty work. get it in early. they had to send mine to cali to the manufactorer. they have had it about 3 weeks i think, and dont think im goin to get it back for a couple more.

I need to take my hauler in for warrenty, just wondering who the dumont member is that works there?

Trying to get ready for dumont.

:rockon:

Wetnwreckless used to work there, but I'm not sure who does now. Ynot knows a guy that works there in service. Maybe shoot him a pm. :thumb:

Wetnwreckless used to work there, but I'm not sure who does now. Ynot knows a guy that works there in service. Maybe shoot him a pm. :freakin_nuts:

He knows a guy named Ken Allen. He is the service manager. Nice guy. He races the white blazer out at dumont against the Yellow Blazer and that hummer. Cool guy and will take care of you.

Edited by lvnalolife

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to johnywalker last week and they tell me they don't work on rv's unless they sold it to you. What a bunch of crap...... :laughing: johnwalker.... I know I will not buy from them in the future. This like buying a new f250 at a dealership in another state and one in this state telling you sorry they didn't sell it to you.

Maybe you should consider things from their point of view. They only have so much room and so many tech's. I appreciate that they take care of their customers. Let me guess you will want your rig fixed by this weekend or some other reduced schedule because YOU failed to get things fixed during the summer off season, right? I was in there last week and they had 61 rigs in for repair and 9 techs. With approx. 12 more each daycoming in it just does not equal out. Somebody has to draw a line, you don't like it but if you were one of the many who has bought a coach from them you would appreciate it and understand it.

I am not condoning anything just laying out a voice of reason since is obivious it wasn't going to happen any other way.

Yes I do know people who work there but I waited 3 weeks to get my rig in there for 3 small items.

They won't take your rig, but they will sell you one as quick as possible. So basically they are selling units faster than they can service them, good plan.

They didn't even respond to my email I sent them last week regarding this issue.

Edited by lindernglamis

I bought mine there for that reason and it is nice to have them only service ones purchased there. Otherwise you end up like Wheelers and have a unknown turn around time. And buy the way I bought my truck out of state and had two dealerships here in town tell me they will not cover warranty work. :beercheers::rockwoot: :shocked2:

Maybe you should consider things from their point of view. They only have so much room and so many tech's. I appreciate that they take care of their customers. Let me guess you will want your rig fixed by this weekend or some other reduced schedule because YOU failed to get things fixed during the summer off season, right? I was in there last week and they had 61 rigs in for repair and 9 techs. With approx. 12 more each daycoming in it just does not equal out. Somebody has to draw a line, you don't like it but if you were one of the many who has bought a coach from them you would appreciate it and understand it.

I am not condoning anything just laying out a voice of reason since is obivious it wasn't going to happen any other way.

Yes I do know people who work there but I waited 3 weeks to get my rig in there for 3 small items.

Stop it!!!! :beercheers:

I talked to johnywalker last week and they tell me they don't work on rv's unless they sold it to you. What a bunch of crap...... :beercheers: johnwalker.... I know I will not buy from them in the future. This like buying a new f250 at a dealership in another state and one in this state telling you sorry they didn't sell it to you.

Any Ford dealership that won't honor the warranty should be reported to the main office of the Ford Motor company. They don't like hearing stuff like that. There is enough competition srlling trucks without dealers being A$$HOLES.

• 3 weeks later...

over on RV.net, I have read nothing but horror stories about johnny walker black label....disappointment after disappointment.

as far as them not servicing your rig.....find a local RV repair shop that you trust, and then call the maufacturer. tell them the deal about buying out of town,,,,,johnny walker choking on 9 inch richards, etc, then tell them of this wonderful place you found that works on RV's. they will let u use the new place for warranty work.

• 2 weeks later...

over on RV.net, I have read nothing but horror stories about johnny walker black label....disappointment after disappointment.

as far as them not servicing your rig.....find a local RV repair shop that you trust, and then call the maufacturer. tell them the deal about buying out of town,,,,,johnny walker choking on 9 inch richards, etc, then tell them of this wonderful place you found that works on RV's. they will let u use the new place for warranty work.

rv dealers are not like car dealers. rv dealers do not have to service any rig that was not purchased from them--totally unlike a car dealer who must service their brand of car. johnnies is no different from any other rv dealer, california is the same way, utah and ariz the same way. Im not for or against johnnies, just stating the facts for rv dealers. they might service a rig not purchased there, but you will be in the back of the line.

rv dealers are not like car dealers. rv dealers do not have to service any rig that was not purchased from them--totally unlike a car dealer who must service their brand of car. johnnies is no different from any other rv dealer, california is the same way, utah and ariz the same way. Im not for or against johnnies, just stating the facts for rv dealers. they might service a rig not purchased there, but you will be in the back of the line.

just because someone wanted to save thousands of dollars, and go somewhere else, doesn't give ANY business the right to PURPOSELY treat you like a red-headed step child.

that is why I suggested going to a different dealer, or just an RV repair shop.

You know, I don't understand the concept of not repairing what they don't sell. as far as business practices, they are letting money go by the wayside, and letting a chance to gain a good reputation through the manufacturer slip through their hands :bawl:

bad business practice, imo

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

• 1 year later...

just because someone wanted to save thousands of dollars, and go somewhere else, doesn't give ANY business the right to PURPOSELY treat you like a red-headed step child.

that is why I suggested going to a different dealer, or just an RV repair shop.

You know, I don't understand the concept of not repairing what they don't sell. as far as business practices, they are letting money go by the wayside, and letting a chance to gain a good reputation through the manufacturer slip through their hands :mischevious:

bad business practice, imo

I know that this is an old thread but thought I would give my experience. I called JW and got an appointment within a week. Took my 2006 Weekend Warrior (bought used and still has the Wheelers sticker on it) in for some minor repairs, plumbing, electrical, furnace and generator service. The service was done the same day. I did not need major work and some of the stuff they could have upcharged me for wasnt necessary and they told me so. Total bill, $286.

I am a fan and will always use them, even though they are very far away.

Finally, your only recourse against a business that refuses you or treats you wrong is to not use them and tell your friends (hence this thread). Any business owner that treats you like a red headed step child has EVERY RIGHT to do so. I refuse clients ALL the time! ! ! ! Sure they get pissed and do what I want them to. GO ELSEWHERE. Does it make sense, maybe not, but dont tell them how to run their business. Either give them your business or dont.

My $0.02. 15 months overdue!! :dunno:

• 1 month later...