YFZ450 vs. Raptor 700

Tmoney

If you are a big guy the raptor, I had one with houser arms and elkas and loved that quad. My son has the yfz450R and it is nice but a little cramped for me. I haven't rode a yfz450 set up that I have liked yet.

If you are a big guy the raptor, I had one with houser arms and elkas and loved that quad. My son has the yfz450R and it is nice but a little cramped for me. I haven't rode a yfz450 set up that I have liked yet.

Completely agree. I know most people prefer the 450. Not sure why. It feels like a child's bike to me. Way too small and rides really stiff.

It's really just a matter of preference when it comes down to it.

The 450 is a little lower center of gravity then a raptor. the 450 is lighter, and a little smaller. i think about 50lbs lighter or so. a 450 is faster 0 -60 then a raptor. the raptor is faster top speed, stock for stock. i ride my raptor all time and love it, i haven't riden a current 450 to compare.

I do plan on upgrading the shocks on my raptor, some say the 450r shocks are better stock.

if you get a 450 get the r. they have adjustable shocks, fuel injection, and a wider stance. the r will handle way better and have more power.

i think either bike is great and unless you are racing, or really ride hard/fast you will either one.

I felt the same way. I almost sold my 450 so I could stick with the Banshee. I threw a +2.5 steering stem on it, a more comfortable seat, and now I'm really starting to like that bike. All it needs now is some softer suspension.

The rappy feels bigger. It'll plow through anything though. I always felt like I could flick the 450 around easier. Both great bikes though, just a matter of personal preference.

Both great bikes, test ride both of them especially if you are taller than 5'10". The YFZ is more zippy and nimble and the raptor 700 has some grunt and rides really nice in the sand.

Ditto!

Like said above, if your a bigger guy both weight and height, the Raptor is usually a better fit. I prefer the YFZ due to the reasons stated above, but it can be a stiff ride (that can be easily fixed). The Raptor is a smoother ride, some nice forgiving torque if you forget to drop a gear when needed.

AaronB is about 6'2" and 240 lbs and still prefers the YFZ, even got rid of his Raptor to go back to a YFZ.

Edited by mineurbiz

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 5'7" and weigh about 130 and ride the Raptor 700. I love my bike and feel that it's an all around bike for me. I go up north to my brothers in the high elevation, rocky terrain and love it. Runs real strong and been a great bike. I did put a little money into the suspension though and made a big difference for me. I say go with the Raptor but that's just my opinion.

Thought I'd chime in...I had the same questions when I had to buy my wife her quad. I wanted the yfz, but she couldn't make up her mind. She's only a bucktwenty, and although warned it was too much bike for a girl, and a first time rider, she decided on the raptor....why...............................................

Reverse :atv::laughing:

Thought I'd chime in...I had the same questions when I had to buy my wife her quad. I wanted the yfz, but she couldn't make up her mind. She's only a bucktwenty, and although warned it was too much bike for a girl, and a first time rider, she decided on the raptor....why...............................................

Reverse :atv::laughing:

I get it! Totally get it!

• 2 weeks later...

I owned both at the same time..I do miss my 80 horse rappy..It was a beast..The engine is very powerful and that is what i really liked about it. For all around riding though I liked the YFZ. It was lighter, and easier to throw around. On the Raptor I felt more like I was along for the ride. The high ride height and seat position of the Raptor I didn't like either. At the end of the day its all personal preference. Only thing I miss on the Raptor 734 is the 80hp. Other than that my MMAD 480 YFZ KICKS a$$. For the record the YFZR makes quite a bit less horsepower than a carbed YFZ. Better suspension though for sure

Edited by Sand_YFZ