Boy am I out of touch!

sandawg

I can't believe I didn't notice, with all the posts refering to registering an OHV, that the only thing I needed to worry about registering was my Rhino. After going through the hassel of registering the Rhino that I have register my Sandrail too. This will make in unnessary to purchase the California Non Resident permit. Nevada is now a title state also if you want. This might mean we can insure our sandrails too. Did everyone else know this except me???? In Nevada it does apply to all offroad vehicles. Duh!!! YOu all in Nevada probably already know this.

I'm going back to taking my daily nap now. Boy do I feel stupid! :banghead:

:idiot: Feel free to think I'm an idiot!

:old:

Edited by sandawg

I can't believe I didn't notice, with all the posts refering to registering an OHV, that the only thing I needed to worry about registering was my Rhino. After going through the hassel of registering the Rhino that I have register my Sandrail too. This will make in unnessary to purchase the California Non Resident permit. Nevada is now a title state also if you want. This might mean we can insure our sandrails too. Did everyone else know this except me???? In Nevada it does apply to all offroad vehicles. Duh!!! YOu all in Nevada probably already know this.

I'm going back to taking my daily nap now. Boy do I feel stupid! :banghead:

:idiot: Feel free to think I'm an idiot!

:old:

No problem there!

I have my car insured but it has a Ca. title and my rzr and car and quad are all org. registered. I have no plans on changing any of it. I try not to let the state of nevada know about anything I own as then all they want to do is tax it and want more money to spend on non OHV stuff. I believe that the state of Or. does the best at keeping their OHV fees in state and putting the $$ back into the OHV areas. Calif. just steals it and Nevada is not far behind them in that dept.

ynot, u are missing the point. having your ohv's registered in other states is just a headache for you. the other states state that you must have your car registered in YOUR HOME STATE, or buy registration in the state you are visiting. so, you could end up with stickers from idaho, utah, arizona and california on one vehicle. when you go to utah with a sticker from california and your drivers license says nevada, guess what...utah will make you get their sticker also. the same goes for the other states.

I am elated that nevada finally got its crap together, as now I only have to have ONE sticker per ohv, yippee. also, nevada is only $20 and cal and ut are $30.

I did nine ohvs for $180 for nevada. I saved $90 not doing calif, about enough to buy my dumont pass. But the big thing is I wont be hassled in the other states from now on. I dont have to worry about getting stopped and them giving me the 3rd degree about having the incorrect state sticker etc etc. Yippee.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

ps. if you get caught without a nevada sticker when riding in nevada after July1, 2013, nevada will fine you for having no registration. getting nevada stickers is a win-win for nevada residents.

Edited by foolofsand

California OHV's stickers are actually $53 now but they're good for two years ($26.50 per year). I renewed three of them in June for a total of $159 and my truck, my 5th wheel and son's truck were all up for renewal last month for a total of $775. Talk about being screwed with no Vaseline! Ouch! Not to mention the highest gas prices in the country right now with the exception of Hawaii. Double ouch!

I know I'm way off topic here but all the states will continue to follow suit and rape all of us every way they can to make up for other lost revenues.

• Like 1

I don't look at it as if I'm getting raped. Before this new legislation I couldn't get insurance for my toys since Nevada used to be a non title state for ohv's. Now I can get a title for both of my toys and insurance. Plus it's 10 bucks less than the non resident sticker for Calif every year.

• Like 1

ynot, u are missing the point. having your ohv's registered in other states is just a headache for you. the other states state that you must have your car registered in YOUR HOME STATE, or buy registration in the state you are visiting. so, you could end up with stickers from idaho, utah, arizona and california on one vehicle. when you go to utah with a sticker from california and your drivers license says nevada, guess what...utah will make you get their sticker also. the same goes for the other states.

I am elated that nevada finally got its crap together, as now I only have to have ONE sticker per ohv, yippee. also, nevada is only $20 and cal and ut are $30.

I did nine ohvs for $180 for nevada. I saved $90 not doing calif, about enough to buy my dumont pass. But the big thing is I wont be hassled in the other states from now on. I dont have to worry about getting stopped and them giving me the 3rd degree about having the incorrect state sticker etc etc. Yippee.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

ps. if you get caught without a nevada sticker when riding in nevada after July1, 2013, nevada will fine you for having no registration. getting nevada stickers is a win-win for nevada residents.

Ynot does not miss any points, He is as sharp as a razor! BGut good luck with whats coming :chat:

• Like 1

the cal sticker is only good in utah if you are a california resident. a nevada resident that uses a california sticker in utah is not valid and they will and can make you buy a utah sticker anyway. been there, done that. thats why i, for one, am really happy about nevada finally doing stickers.

• Like 1

First of all I don't ride in Nevada. Second I rarely if ever carry my drivers license with me when I am riding (so it does not get lost) Third i have been stopped in Utah with my Or. stickers and released without a hint of an issue. My issue with paying any state money for OHV use is what they do with the funds. Utah and Or. do a good job of putting the money back into OHV trails and parks. Ca. and NV. not so good the other thing is that unless you break the rules at Dumont you rarely get hassled. I am not saying I am perfect but i do obey the rules as close as I can. I don't speed in camp, i don't drink and drive and I go out of my way to stay out of an accident or incident of any kind. I go to Dumont to enjoy the sand and pretty much am either in camp or on the dunes. So far this has worked just fine for me. I did not even have ANY stickers on my OHV's until last year. Never got stopped once. It's all in the way you behave is my belief.

Jim, thanks for the compliment but I still screw up just like everybody else. Only difference is i know I do most of the time when I do:)

• Like 1

When i went to Utah in May i had an Oregon tag, it was checked while in camp, but they didn't ask any questions. It is true, you are required by the OHV laws to have a registration from your state, OR the state you are visiting. That depends on being caught, and like Terry said, he doesn't ride in Nevada, like many others. And what OHV areas does Nevada even patrol? Amargosa?

I am still hoping Nevada will use the new money for improving OHV areas, but i dont have high hopes. It would be nice though if NV at least isn't as bad as CA.

To me Nevada doesn't really have much at all for riding areas anyway. Amargosa is small and not that good, Nellis Dunes Sucks, mayb the areas by Reno are better, but that's not worth the drive for sure.

When i went to Utah in May i had an Oregon tag, it was checked while in camp, but they didn't ask any questions. It is true, you are required by the OHV laws to have a registration from your state, OR the state you are visiting. That depends on being caught, and like Terry said, he doesn't ride in Nevada, like many others. And what OHV areas does Nevada even patrol? Amargosa?

I am still hoping Nevada will use the new money for improving OHV areas, but i dont have high hopes. It would be nice though if NV at least isn't as bad as CA.

To me Nevada doesn't really have much at all for riding areas anyway. Amargosa is small and not that good, Nellis Dunes Sucks, mayb the areas by Reno are better, but that's not worth the drive for sure.

When have you been to Amargosa? I thought you have never been there?

nevada has the tonopah dunes and sand mt east of fallon. sand mt can be a zoo when the hill climbs r there etc. cant even

find a parking area when busy. giant hill climb like sand mt in utah. long and steep and u better be jetted right if you have a

2 stroke dragster etc.

post-678-0-17456400-1349414481_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-13740900-1349414618_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

how are the Tonopah dunes? that's pretty far away, not sure if it's worth it. I like Coral pink during the summer for the most part. The sand in the parking area makes a huge freaking mess. During Dumont season i can't imagine driving farther for anything not as good.

@ Mike... no i haven't been to Amargosa, but from what i have heard it's no Dumont, and no ammenities, and haven't heard of patrols.

Just wondering how you could say it was no good if you had not been there? LOL :slap: If you listen to people from Galmis they usually say that Dumont is small and no good either. I try not to listen to people.

Edited by Marble MD
  • Like 1

I don't understand how people can even discriminate against certain dunes. Yes, some areas might be better than others but each place is fun as hell. Just the fact that they are OPEN riding areas for us to shred some sand is amazing these days. I love all dunes! :laughing:

No amenities and patrols... :lol: Adam, wtf! You are sounding very high maintenance. haha

• Like 1

Gotta say I'm with Pete on this one. Each and every dune area has it's qualities and drawbacks, as do any open riding areas. Johnson Valley and Ocotillo Wells are where I do most of my desert riding, Glamis for sand, but I have a liking for Dumont too on non holiday weekends. And having been to Coral Pink, Little Sahara, and St. Anthony, I would have to choose Little Sahara if I could have one of those in my back yard. St. Anthony is way beyond awesome but LS has several different types of terrain and a little something for everyone. Sand Mountain Nevada sucks (IMO) unless you are a hillshooter.

As long as we can keep any riding area open though I will be riding. Pack out more than you packed in.

I don't understand how people can even discriminate against certain dunes. Yes, some areas might be better than others but each place is fun as hell. Just the fact that they are OPEN riding areas for us to shred some sand is amazing these days. I love all dunes! :laughing:

No amenities and patrols... :lol: Adam, wtf! You are sounding very high maintenance. haha

I'm just saying... No amenities, so where are the Nevada OHV fees going? No Patrols... if you do ride there, who is going to say "where is your registration."

I don't need amenities or patrols.

I will agree with open riding areas for sure, just saying if I could drive to Dumont, or say outside of Tonopah, I am going to pick Dumont for the drive and time involved.

It's been awhile since I was at armagosa. I always looked at it like this, it's the same distance almost to the mile from my house to Dumont as Armagosa. So my likely choice has always been Dumont. To many stories about rigs getting stuck out there and with little or no one else out there to help, that get's expensive. Motorhomes lack the ability to just get "hooked Up" and yanked out. Mine has to be pulled from the rear due to the front fiberglass. So then it's dealing with getting a trailer out of the way. It's just a less stress trip for me to Dumont. I have been to sand mountain and it's nice there but a wee bit of a distance for mostly hill shooting. I have seen pics of the Tonopah dunes and although they look fun there apparently pretty small and also a 4-5 hour pull. So unless I am going to St. Anthony's or glamis then i am inclined to spend my time at dumont.