Happy Thanksgiving DDR

andydew

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I believe in a positive outllok, despite how easy it is to jump in and criticize everything. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for!

Last year, we had our first Thanksgiving in Children's hospital fearing the worst for our lil' boy. This year, we are home, as a family. I was taught my whole life that children are a blessing; but enduring the frustrations that all of our kids give us, at times most of us would question that :think: , but I just want to say to cherish those lil' hellians. I've enjoyed watching my boy growing and learning during his first year of school. Running and playing. Eating and sleeping well. Little things that we all take for granted.

We changed up our dune setup this year. We bought a 5er and sold our old bus. My wife is especially thankful for that :laughing: .

Work has improved, and is keeping me busy again. At times, too busy..., but thankful to be supproting my family in this economy.

Last night, we were coming home on the fwy and came up on a motorcycle accident. The bike was destroyed. It got ran over by a truck. The dude was ok, but shredded up a bit. Did what I could to help until other arrived, but left thinking wow, Thanksgiving will be a thankful time for him from now on...but then realized, it depends on his outlook, and how he reacts to the reality of the situation. It made me reflect a little.

We have a tradition around the dinner table every year, of everyone saying something they are thankful for; I'm wondering if anyone else has anything they are thankful for?

• Like 2

Great thread, Andy...until Vic got all political on us. :slap::laughing:

That is great to hear things are improving for your family and especially little Jake! :clap:

I am thankful to be alive, plain and simple. It's almost every day I hear on the news about someone's time running out. You just never know. It makes me that much more grateful to be alive and well. Not that I regularly dwell on death, but some people get robbed of a good life due to a tragic incident or unfortunate illness. I am thankful every day for my health, my family and my friends. Things could be much worse in the grand scheme of things and I feel Anna and I are extremely fortunate to live such good lives. We're also very thankful to have the jobs we have in order to support them. We always sit back and reflect together. New Year's Eve is actually a more fitting time for when we give thanks. We look back at the year as a whole and give thanks for what we are blessed with. With that said, always keep that positive outlook like Andy said and have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Cheers :beercheers:

I am thankful that my biggest problem today will be figuring out what to do with leftovers.

I am thankful that I can afford the luxury of the dunes.

I am thankful for a wife that tolerates me 51% of the time. (Can't afford to let that one dip below 50%!)

I am thankful for a kid who still thinks that her dad is Superman.

I am thankful for Honeybaked Ham. Seriously, it comes a close second to bacon.

I am thankful for this (mostly) drama-free site (thanks Pete!).

Have a great day everybody!

• Like 1

I am thankful for my twins that took 5 years to get and are turning 3 next week

I am thankful for the dunes and that I have been lucky enough not to get seriously hurt

I am thankful that my sand car is finally ready to go after having to pretty much rebuild the entire thing

I am thankful that I know the guy that sold me this sand car will "get his" since carma is a b****! :P

I'm thankful I quit my job to pursue my dream of running my own business

I'm thankful I didn't run out money before I started to make some

I'm thankful to be able to associate with all the nice people that are off road enthusiasts

If you've got friends and family, there's a lot to be thankful for in itself.

Happy Holidays

I love this post.

I am thankful for my family and their health.

I am thankful that I have a wife and two daughters that love the outdoors and especially the dunes, as much as I do.

I am thankful to all those who protect us selflessly everyday so we can hug our families and shred the dunes.

I am Thankful for life and giving it all it deserves, you only live once enjoy it to its fullest.

Thanks for the awesome site Pete!

• Like 1