would any of you guys dyno at dumont?

Ive been thinking about taking my dyno (bikes, quads and sxs) to dumont. Mostly cause I notice my own stuff runs a little different. But now that I take two trailers, I think I could take the dyno. I d bring the wide band too.....

Just wondering if its something anyone would take the time to do while there?

Are you with High Desert Dyno? They show up out there several times a year, especially during FourStrokeWars, which means they will be there next weekend (16th). I've run in to them on a few off weekends too while they are tuning their stuff on Banshee Hill.

So what is your rate? I would be interested in getting my DS730 done properly.

i think high desert dyno moved out of state dont think he gos to dumont any more

Unfortunately, yes. He moved to Oregon. Great builder / tuner.

I think it would be a very cool thing to do on the busy weekends, especially if you were able to spread the word. I bet you could garner a good amount of interest if people knew ahead of time, and you solicited on the right forums. My only question would be the BLM...I doubt they would turn a blind eye to someone running the dyno if you were making profit from it.

Cool idea though, I'm sure there are a bunch of people who want to get tuned in, or simply dyno race with the other guys out there.

i think it would be interesting to do, if the cost wasn't too high. for me it wouldn't be for a tune, just numbers at Dumont instead of Vegas elevation.

Would have to have tires to put on for sure, since everyone would have paddles on.

I am thinking $40 for a couple pulls would be fun, for $50 i may do it, for more then $50 i wouldn't. If the cost was cheaper you would get more people doing it i am sure. then you could always charge extra if they really need a tune.

Well, I probably wont do it this season. Ill probably gather wheels.....for the next 6 months and do it next season. I guess if I do it, I d have to find a couple guys to do tuning for people....cause I dont want to, its time thing. Still have to have fun. Last time I checked the dumont fees, it wouldnt be to bad, as I own my dyno. Maybe me a couple tuners can go in and all help our dumont travel funds alittle and help some people out and have a good time.

My rates are pretty low. So far......only me and close friends have used it....so its all good. I wonder if I do donations.....if I get in trouble with blm?

Daniel from High Desert Dyno is a DBAG!!

I think it would a cool idea to have a dyno there, assuming you could find enough interest from people of getting their stuff tuned. Curious what brand dyno is it?

Its a dyno-mite made by land and sea for motorcycles and atv's.

I think I can cover most atv's with probably 3 or 4 sets of wheels. Or the other possibility is maybe hubs, and or adapters for the smaller stuff.

i know honda have a big 156 mm pattern? Anybody have some extra wheel? Ive got banshees, blasters, and bombardier covered. I have a couple more extra wheels, so I see what I can make them fit.

Congrats to you man. Bomb is usually the only wheel not on hand at the dynos that I've attempted to get some time on. You will most deff get a little bit of my cash should this all come to fruition.

Thanks for looking out for us Bomb guys. A dying breed for sure.

Daniel from High Desert Dyno is a DBAG!!

Because he treated YOU bad personally? Or because of the drama on the boards?

Yes, he has been known to stir the pot. I don't always agree with the arguments he's involved in, and stay out of it. But anyone who has worked with him personally knows he'd do anything for a customer. I've worked with a ton of builders, Racers Edge, Sparks, MMAD, Kenz, Rocket Factory, The BOMB, hell if you wanna go way back I had Craycraft build me a motor for any of you who even remember those guys. I don't have a complaint about them, but none of them went above and beyond like Daniel.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Honda rears are 4/110. at least most of them as far as i know.

With 4/115 and 4/110 you could cover a good chunk of the most popular models and brands.

My Outlaw has a 4/110 but the offset if totally different since it's IRS, however; the standard offset wheels will fit (maybe with filing on the hole in the middle of the wheel.)

I've never heard of that brand of dyno, what is it's reputation against Dynojet?

Yes, he has been known to stir the pot. I don't always agree with the arguments he's involved in, and stay out of it. But anyone who has worked with him personally knows he'd do anything for a customer. I've worked with a ton of builders, Racers Edge, Sparks, MMAD, Kenz, Rocket Factory, The BOMB, hell if you wanna go way back I had Craycraft build me a motor for any of you who even remember those guys. I don't have a complaint about them, but none of them went above and beyond like Daniel.

Anyhow, back on topic.

i liked daniel seemed to be a good guy

Anyhow, back on topic.

Multiple reasons and yes stuff I have seen first hand, but the main one was when we were all standing there the night after the races and my daughter (15 at the time) comes up and asks me a question, to which he tells her to go have a beer in a **** head tone. I can have several people share their thoughts about him on what they have seen also.

Its a dyno-mite made by land and sea for motorcycles and atv's.

I think I can cover most atv's with probably 3 or 4 sets of wheels. Or the other possibility is maybe hubs, and or adapters for the smaller stuff.

i know honda have a big 156 mm pattern? Anybody have some extra wheel? Ive got banshees, blasters, and bombardier covered. I have a couple more extra wheels, so I see what I can make them fit.

Banshee wheels will cover the YFZ, Raptor 660 and 700, Blaster has it's own bolt pattern for whatever reason lol

all the dynos seem to work in very similar ways. The biggest differences I ve seen are the options. I ve been on many dynojets. Ive been on a mustang dyno more than anything else. The reason for that is, I build boosted cars. And to load a boosted car (turbo) , its been my experience you need a loaded dyno, and I know the mustang can do it. If you run a boost vehicle on a ineria dyno you can lean it out and make more power...because all your doing is accelerating the drum. The load is light so you can pull fuel. When you leave, you detonate the crap out of it because now its pulling the load of the car. In the end you end up putting the fuel back in and pulling the timing back and wondering why you dynoed it at all. With a loaded dyno you can make the motor see the same load (even more) then real life.

On NA stuff its not really needed, the window isnt that small, and the ineria dyno works great. I should ad that getting a number on a boosted vehicle is fine with a ineria dyno, but tuning should be done off the dyno.

Land and sea has probably been doing dynos longer then dyno jet (guessing but I d bet) and they produce a lot of dynos. Dynojet is popular for several reasons, mostly Id say bang for the buck and ease of purchase. They make it easy to get one. Id own one, sure, because for the most part they are all the same unless you get into the good stuff......like a 4 wd mustang....with a brake. Obviously it has its benefits but costs a lot.

I was remebering the front honda pattern I think. I have a bomb wheels, banshee wheels and blaster wheels (cause I have those quads). So getting a few more seems pretty easy at this point. Ill need honda and kawasaki(dont know it). So it looks pretty good. Looks like Im gonna start camping down at vendors.....the kids will like that probably..

if the BLM doesn't try to rape and pillage as I have heard they are doing it could be worth it.

I know how to run a dyno, and how the tune with a PCV, so i think it would be fun to help.

Get a bigger stick to poke the "Bear" Adam ! :(

Edited by sandawg

As far as wheels are concerned, don't bother with multiple sets of tires, that can be cumbersome. Look into drilling multiple patterns on one set. Take a look at this link, covers most major manufacturers, and you wouldn't have to lug 8 tires with you everywhere you go. Would work for the quads anyhow -

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79624

Multiple reasons and yes stuff I have seen first hand, but the main one was when we were all standing there the night after the races and my daughter (15 at the time) comes up and asks me a question, to which he tells her to go have a beer in a **** head tone. I can have several people share their thoughts about him on what they have seen also.

Banshee wheels will cover the YFZ, Raptor 660 and 700, Blaster has it's own bolt pattern for whatever reason lol

wow i would be upset at him for that to

As far as wheels are concerned, don't bother with multiple sets of tires, that can be cumbersome. Look into drilling multiple patterns on one set. Take a look at this link, covers most major manufacturers, and you wouldn't have to lug 8 tires with you everywhere you go. Would work for the quads anyhow -

http://www.raptorfor...ead.php?t=79624

Thanks, I thought about that. I figure it ll take atleast two sets(maybe three) for almost all quads. The bombardier hub is so big most wheels dont even fit over the hub. Plus I would want people to be able to swap wheels while waiting....instead of waiting for wheels off another quad. Saves time for everyone. So the popular patterns would need to be in two sets anyway. Room isnt really a problem (big trailer). So bu the time I do rzr wheels and rhinos....Ill probably have 4 or 5 sets total and some will have the same patterns in them. Have to color code the holes or something too...

Prob take rap up on working too....