TRT NEWS

ynot

At the TRT meeting last week in Barstow it was decided to expand the current concrete crossing at the river an additional 24'. This will make the crossing a total of 36' or 3 lanes. At some point we are looking to expand the whole road to 3 lanes.

This expansion was made possible by your Fee Demo money that is from your yearly and weekly pass purchases.

It is hoped that the crossing will be complete before Thanksgiving with a small chance of it being finished by Halloween.

I want to thank you all for your support and I hope that the crossing makes our trips safer and easier.

:D:drinkbeer::rockwoot:

ya but then us poor folk wont be able to go without SKIPPING past the checkpoint!! not good!!

It's a one time fee- season pass...suck it up and pay one time. I figure if you can afford a tank of gas and food, one trip you can splurge the extra 60, 80, 90...whatever it may be for a season pass. You'd find a way- it's DUMONT! :D:laughoff:

I guess thats not the point i was trying to get across.. MONEY doesnt solve everything... Some of the best duners you will meet are the ones that are camping in their truck or have a 1950's moho which is stretching thier budget while some of the biggest a-holes are in $$250k Diesel Pusher mohos w/ 100k buggies!!

I guess thats not the point i was trying to get across.. MONEY doesnt solve everything... Some of the best duners you will meet are the ones that are camping in their truck or have a 1950's moho which is stretching thier budget while some of the biggest a-holes are in $$250k Diesel Pusher mohos w/ 100k buggies!!

I hear what your saying, but I wouldn't be so quick to stereotype people. I have met alot of good people in expensive coaches and nice buggies and good people on the other end too with less luxuries. Let's not get into that subject here though. :angry2: Like I said, I understand what your saying though. :stirthepot:

Not stereotyping thats why i said SOME.... I have met a-holes that camp in their truck and i have met awesome people in bad a$$ rigs... Just saying that by rasing the fee's at dumont will NOT weed out the trash!!

sweet... anything helps. :angry2: i say charge more money per season, and maybe it will keep the losers out!!! i mean people that dont pick up there trash........ :stirthepot::laughoff:

I think this is what Disneyland and some of the other 'big' amusement parks do... it's a way to reduce capacity without actually setting capacity limits.

I would imagine statistically it keeps out some of the riff-raff. Unfortunately, it also eliminates an entire class of people that just want to go out and have fun but for whatever reason just can't afford the high price. And in the case of public lands, eliminating any class of recreationists is a bad thing.

Vicki

I bought my season pass today and I didnt have to pay for it. The losers that leave their trash did. My kids and I pick up aluminum, plastic bottles, and glass bottles for a couple of hours every trip, throw em in a bag, throw em in my shed when I getr home, and then recycle em before the next season and almost get enough for my pass. Last seasons collections were recycled today and I got $51 so my season pass cost me 9 bucks.

I bought my season pass today and I didnt have to pay for it. The losers that leave their trash did. My kids and I pick up aluminum, plastic bottles, and glass bottles for a couple of hours every trip, throw em in a bag, throw em in my shed when I getr home, and then recycle em before the next season and almost get enough for my pass. Last seasons collections were recycled today and I got $51 so my season pass cost me 9 bucks.

Glad to see you are doing more than your part to help keep Dumont clean and open! :rockwoot:

At the TRT meeting last week in Barstow it was decided to expand the current concrete crossing at the river an additional 24'. This will make the crossing a total of 36' or 3 lanes. At some point we are looking to expand the whole road to 3 lanes.

This expansion was made possible by your Fee Demo money that is from your yearly and weekly pass purchases.

It is hoped that the crossing will be complete before Thanksgiving with a small chance of it being finished by Halloween.

I want to thank you all for your support and I hope that the crossing makes our trips safer and easier.

:D:barf::laughing:

Sounds great it would be nice not to have to deal with this anymore LOL.Dumontafterprezday006.jpg

Friends of Dumont Dunes received an update on this last week and it looks like the project has been delayed by the National Environmental Policy Act.

The bad news is we don't have a new date certain when the project will begin/end.

The good news is this issue is being tackled before the work was started so there will be no inconvenient blockage. We'll have to operate as we have always had to operate, but it would have been disastrous to have the work in progress suddenly stopped with access impeded.

We'll keep everyone updated as we learn more.

Vicki

exactly!!!

well put

I got a call from the Barstow Field Office Manager today with an update on the crossing situation. Apparently it's not just a matter of the paperwork... with a little effort that could have probably been forced through quickly.

But the weather has already started posing a problem and the decision was made to wait until there were no concerns about flooding to really get the project rolling. Since we're expecting a wetter-than-usual winter season, this is just not a good time to start. A little water and they could have re-routed the project. A lot of water and we would have lost our main access while they scrambled to recover.

Vicki

Just received this today and thought I would share it with all;

Dear TRT Members,

We had everything planned (concrete and steel ordered),to go forward on

Monday 10/16 with the crossing project and realized that several things

were against us. The first thing was the weather. Reports predicted rain

for the weekend. The second was to make sure all environmental documents

were in place. We could have burned the mid-night oil and completed the

document review but that still would not have resolved the weather issues.

So, rather than hurry through the process, I asked the staff to postpone

the project and cancel the material deliveries to a time that we could make

sure that we didn't end up with a bottle neck no access to Dumont over

Halloween.

Several staff were highly diappointed with my decision that Friday, but on

Monday when we learned that there were flash floods in the area and the

river was flowing, they realized it was the best choice at the time.

This is still a priority project and we are planning it for the dry season

of 2007. I would rather plan it properly than to hurry through a mess.

Roxie C. Trost

Field Manager

Barstow Field Office

Good decision on your part!!! :rockwoot: We all have dealt with the crossing this far, another 6 months isn't going to make that big of deal. Plus, I would rather wait and have it done right the first time.........thanks for doing this project, it will benifit us all in the end.