got sand...in your bedroom?

andydew

Ever get an idea in your head that just won't let go?

My little boy's sixth birthday was coming up, And he's been complaining about the paint In his bedroom... I guess when you're six, nursery themes are not cool anymore... So I started to wonder what he would like. He is big into army, And of course he loves the dunes. I tried to think how I could combine the 2. So the idea started as being inside of a Fort, And looking out into the desert. I got a little help from a buddy in the Air Force, Who contributed the camo netting and some Aviation related components/ideas. It took 4 days to strip the room, paint the dunes, the sky, and the clouds, and to reassemble the room in time for The reveal on his birthday. I had some old ammo cans to use as props. We painted the fan like a P51 Mustang. The rest of the stuff I found on Amazon and eBay. I still might get out the airbrush for a little more detail on the dunes, As we had to rush due to our deadline. There is a lot of glare from the light in the pictures, And Pictures don't do it justice, as you Cannot see the clouds through the netting like you can in person. I personally think it looks better with his furniture in there as well . We feel it turned out really well, and Thought DDR might like this:

post-6067-0-60759500-1366817498_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-41055100-1366817682_thumb.jp

He said he was so happy he was going to barf :)

All of this happened after we gave him his bike I painted, where he said his first cuss word. He walked into the house , Where I had his bike waiting; Sat down in front of it, And said "HOLY $HIT"

post-6067-0-43681300-1366818228_thumb.jp

We later explained to our little kindergartner, That he probably ought not to say that again :)

• Like 1

Awesome Paint job and the room will keep your boys adrenaline flowing in the dunes daily.

It funny you say his first bad word. I took my 7 year old to Knotts berry farm and we got on a crazy twister ride and when she came off it she yelled out loud and all families herd her. That sh*t was awesome! I know she had an adrenaline rush but she was excused this time.

Hey that Bike came out schweet also. Thanks for sharing. :MBdance: :MBdance: