Coral Pink for the 4th

Just Mike

I like this forecast much better then the Vegas one!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.03597340879279&lon=-112.72178649902344#.UdL-xZTn-M8

I can't wait to get out of town and get some ride time on that new to me Raptor.... its been excruciating not being able to really get out and ride that machine!

And I hope we get some Coral Pink rain!

I :wub::atv: in the :rain: up there! :headbang1:

Edited by sand chick

We hit the road at about 6:45pm Wednesday evening, bound for Coral Pink Sand Dunes in Utah. For some much needed R & R, as well as some product testing and photo and video shoots, what better way to test a product then to use it? Couple of gas stops, skipping the Cane Beds Rd and taking the long way around through Kanab, UT, put us in the meadows at about 12:30 am. Unload and relax after the long drive before hitting bed.

Up early and on the trails.. Happy 4th of July!!! :usa:

1st stop ranger station for the proper tags. The ranger station at Coral Pink has a pretty cool set up. They have animals from the area, sands from around the world display, GPS geo-caching, and activities for the kiddies to earn a Coral Pink patch.

One of our customers and our good friend had made the trek all the way from Hesperia, CA. So we wanted to make sure we showed him as much of this beautiful riding area as possible. We rode until the dunes became difficult to see and the stomachs were growling and jalapeno chicken nachos were on the lunch menu. :eat:

After lunch, it was time for a 20 inch double row LED light bar install on a RZR XP. Little more resting and relaxing in camp after the install. We enjoy a brief afternoon rain and thunder shower. After everyone is rested, we hit the trails and dunes again for some runs and jumping action.

I :wub: that new Rappy of mine!! And she flys really well! I got high enough once to scare myself pretty good, most air I have gotten yet! And the full on power at Coral Pink made my weekend one of the best yet! I even did a lot of leading this trip. :atv: We ride on until sunset and dinner time – campfire stories, ribs, corn on the cob followed by s’mores, and some of Mother Nature’s fireworks show of lightening, makes for a great 4th of July holiday.

Day break brings another day of riding and some exploration of Indian pictographs. I did this hike trip last year, but one of the kids in our group wanted to check it out, so I did it again. Some jerk had taken a sharpie and drawn a bunch of :censored: on the pictographs. I just don't understand what makes someone want to go that far out of their way to ruin something that has been there for years that can't be replaced EFFin' jacka$$! :rant::pissed: hopefully after the investigation, the BLM will be able to get an expert in to remove the markings. There are many activities that can be found at Coral Pink. This place has a little bit of something for everyone, hiking, dino tracks, dirt trails, sand trails and of course the sand dunes.

Back to camp for a break and lunch. We have another rain and thunder storm kick up – love riding in the rain at Coral Pink, great time to turn on those Zeus Whips and test out the light bars!

Back to the ranger station to reload on ice this time. Return to camp, as the rain has set in, we have never seen it rain for so long in one day at Coral Pink before. But it didn’t damper the fun. Easy Up, fire in the fire pit, :happydrunks: and tons of laughs. The rain does keep us from riding the rest of the evening, so early to bed. :rain::yawn::sleeping:

Another early rise on Saturday morning, our friends are making the long trek back to California today, so to make up for lost time yesterday, we ride hard as long as we can. Making sure to cover Coral Pink from the East border fence to West border fence of the dunes before they need to pack it up and head home, happy campers from a great weekend, with a new light bar installed on their RZR XP.

Saturday evening looks like another storm brewing, but keeps to the Southeast, so we have perfect weather for a late evening sunset run and video/photo shoot. Back to camp for a late dinner and campfire before turning in early for packing it up the next morning.

One last ride around the trails, load it up and head back to Las Vegas and back to work Monday morning.

Perfect much needed sand fix! :headbang1:

We are already looking forward to the next trip….

Pics to follow :pics:

I love to see the Trip reports from Yall. Absolutely Dedicated to the Sport and joy of Relaxation with the Family. Awesome pics as usual. I like how the Mountains on the coors can is nice and Blue. Makes me thirsty.

• Like 1