Anyone up for a shakedown trip? Oct 18

dunefreak

Ha Ha hey I own a Ford too! I'm a firm believer that every make has there issues and also have their good points. I only own chevys cause that's all my dad owned growing up. I do like them but also like other makes!

Yea I should have said something better then just blue oval but I knew Pete would know what I was talking about. Sorry Terry! I bet that did make you laugh!!

Pete I have a good T shirt guy too if needed. He does my shirts, hats, coozys, lanyards and pens. I just ordered 40 hats so make sure you DDR guys stop by our 25-27 Halloween camp! Ill have shirts and Coozys too!

Edited by nwtdiesel

I highly recommend to anyone going out to plan extra time going down Dumont road, Took me aprox 1/2 hour going 5mph, It's washed out really bad, And check your straps at the end of the road. I was afraid my cabinets were going to come off the walls. Also we AWARE there are brown Pacífico beer bottles all over in the dunes sticking out of the sand. Don't know who would have done that but seems like they were everywhere. Dunes, flats, and the entrance road.

OK, back on topic here....SAND. I'm really looking forward to this trip. The weather looks awesome and we should have a decent group of buggies. As it stands right now, my buddy Ryan and Randy are both in for at least the day Friday with their cars. OGP is even talking about trying to swing a day trip on Friday! WhOa. :saywha:

I still have to bail on Saturday because I'm not missing Monster Energy Cup. :headbang1: HOWEVER, today I decided to take all of Thursday off and head our first thing in the morning. Terry and I should be ripping before noon. :driver:

OK, back on topic here....SAND. I'm really looking forward to this trip. The weather looks awesome and we should have a decent group of buggies. As it stands right now, my buddy Ryan and Randy are both in for at least the day Friday with their cars. OGP is even talking about trying to swing a day trip on Friday! WhOa. :saywha:

I still have to bail on Saturday because I'm not missing Monster Energy Cup. :headbang1: HOWEVER, today I decided to take all of Thursday off and head our first thing in the morning. Terry and I should be ripping before noon. :driver:

You better leave some fresh sand for us guys that have to work for a living :guns:

You better leave some fresh sand for us guys that have to work for a living :guns:

We will! :B

Pete are you going out 25-27th too?

Im trying to make it this Friday-Sat but not looking so good and I don't want to come out early Sat to ride alone lol

No, I work that weekend. I'm shooting for the following weekend. If you come out this Saturday morning we can still get a couple runs in before I leave. Terry, his buddy Todd, and a few others will still be there through the weekend. They're staying.

Ok great, im trying my a$$ off to make it. Im packing like crazy already for the 25th weekend, I want to be all loaded the 23-24th so we can just leave the house real early Fri morning.

Sucks your not going Pete!

Well the dunes are awesome. Couple issues though. My toyhauler has a broken leaf spring but a replacement just showed up. Our first run went well but Terry popped a main fuse when we were about back to camp. We couldn't find a short so i hope it doesn't happen again. None of this is really affecting my mood. I'm just happy to be here. Time for a cold one.

• Like 1

Your Killing me Smalls. Guess this is pay back for one of the times I was duning when everyone was working. I'm on a good road gig that will finance my sand habit for a while. But missing some of my favorite trips sucks. Oh well I'll be out with the newly rebuilt XP on the 30th for 5 days. Enjoy Pete tell mother D I'll be out soon!

Will do, Steve! Lol

Nah Jack it was all of 9 miles an hour the whole way in. I was anxious but patient especially after just repairing the hauler bracing. I think it happened after turning off tge main rd near bathroom 10. The camp area was kinda rough, not to mention my trailer has seen some miles. It's all good. Should be fixed up in tge morning. Ryan, Eric and Randy should be joining us in the am. It should be a good day of duning!

• Like 1