starting my own biz

trqjnky

Im finally tired of working my a$$ off and getting paid next to nothing. I have a talent and a skill that is valuable to a lot of people. So i went and got my tax and business license this week. Many of you know i worked for a NASCAR Craftsman Truck team making the wire harnesses and installing everything electrical. Im good at what i do and i enjoy doing it. named my business "Copperhead Wiring". copperhead was a nickname given to me by the shop foreman at the truck team, so i decided to use it.

I do everything from hooking up gauges and ignition systems, hid light systems for off road vehicles, engine harnesses, all the way up to complete wire harnesses made from scratch, custom fuse panels. anything that can be wired to a car, truck, racecar, i do. I also do all the work at the customers location, weather it be across town; or cross country, they pay for the plane ticket and arrange room and board. That way they dont have to haul the vehicle to a shop. Im depending on word of mouth to get my name spread around, and currently i'm talking to a few NHRA teams about wiring thier cars for free and in turn they put a small decal on thier car and trailor. Ive already done several offroad buggies and trucks and local circle track guys cars for basically free. so im trying hard to get a name for myself.

At first i never thought there was a market for someone to just wire up cars, but lately ive realized i was wrong, one of the offroad guys just paid a guy 12,000 to wire up his offroad truck, and the guy flaked out on him, and now he's waiting for the guy to come back and finish up. becuase he already paid the guy in full. derrr!!!

A majority of people out there can hook stuff up, but they use cheapo parts and hack stuff together, then are plagued with electrical gremlins for eternity. and my stuff speaks for itself, its clean, top quality parts, very reliable, tech inspectors are impressed, and other people are jealous that thier cars look like crap.

After seeing a lot of guys drop out of competition due to electrical problems, these are the guys that usually say they cant afford to pay someone to wire thier stuff correctly, my comeback is, if youre going for a championship, and trying to win a cash prize at every race, how can they not afford to have a good wire job on thier car??

So everyone wish me luck, and tell your freinds.

ddr peeps get the homey hookup. so give me a call on my cell 712-310-7802, and we can arrange sometime for me to come look at your rail and give ya a quote. be more than happy to help ya out.

b.t.w.- i am currently talking with pro stock bike rider Steve Johnson, races NHRA sponsored my Snap On. he is sending me pics of his bike to see what i can do with it.

I also just got an email from Matt Hartford, the driver of the SUMMIT rear wheel drive sport compact car. gave me his cell phone number with instructions to call him monday!!

Edited by dnchevyman

all work will be done at the customers location. if for some reason they dont have an area to work on it, i will do it in a freinds shop in the speedway. ive found more people want it done where the car is stored, that way if they are in the middle of building or working on it, they done have to do a bunch of stuff to haul it across town.

Can you rewire a boat? A family member just bought an old boat for $1,000 and it needs to be completely rewired for the engine to crank. Are you up for the job? If you are, shoot me some ideas on pricing! Thanks!